Polk Co. at Meigs Co.

polkalumni

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meigs has NO chance in this game. As for looking down the road I agree with bigcat, Loudon, CAK, and Alcoa could care less if they played Polk. I do however believe that PC could beat CAK or Loudon and would compete well with Alcoa. Polk's season will end when they run into a team that has linemen they can't blow off the ball. Until then I expect the Wildcat train to steamroll along.

The ONLY team CAK is thinking about right now is Alcoa.

How's your defense against the pass?????

Polk is a Solid team NO Doubt and I have a lot of respect for them and their program...... However, I remember last year the talk wasn't about Loudon it was about getting a shot at Alcoa.... and we all remember how that game turned out. But anyway, to get to Alcoa,your probably going to have to go through Tyner or Howard, then CAK then you will more than likely face Alcoa. (No easy road there)

If you guys thought we at Loudon was physical and athletic, just wait until you line up in the trenches with Alcoa....not to mention CAK. I know any given night, these teams can be beat...But you better play an almost flawless game... I do know how Polks "team speed" is....it is no where even close to Alcoa. Polks strength is the physical game.....Alcoa's is both. Hopefully,we make it out of the first round and get to play Aloca....Being rom the same district and playing them twice a year...we know...to get where we want to get to, the road goes through Blount County.

But good luck to Polk Friday and keep it going and you will rpobably see both of them..... CAK would suit you guys much better than Alcoa....... CAK Not as physical as last year, but still AN EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE..

Anyway..Good Luck to Polk and congrats on another good year....

Polk is a Solid team NO Doubt and I have a lot of respect for them and their program...... However, I remember last year the talk wasn't about Loudon it was about getting a shot at Alcoa.... and we all remember how that game turned out. But anyway, to get to Alcoa,your probably going to have to go through Tyner or Howard, then CAK then you will more than likely face Alcoa. (No easy road there)

If you guys thought we at Loudon was physical and athletic, just wait until you line up in the trenches with Alcoa....not to mention CAK. I know any given night, these teams can be beat...But you better play an almost flawless game... I do know how Polks "team speed" is....it is no where even close to Alcoa. Polks strength is the physical game.....Alcoa's is both. Hopefully,we make it out of the first round and get to play Aloca....Being rom the same district and playing them twice a year...we know...to get where we want to get to, the road goes through Blount County.

But good luck to Polk Friday and keep it going and you will rpobably see both of them..... CAK would suit you guys much better than Alcoa....... CAK Not as physical as last year, but still AN EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE..

Anyway..Good Luck to Polk and congrats on another good year....

with that bein said that one loss to bradley was the best thing that happened to polk this season.. they got cocky last season and the players took loudon lightly .. the coaching staff tried to tell them but they still took them lightly.. i think this yrs leaders will convince the boys to take each and every team with the most respect.... so lets look at meigs then next week we move on to the next opponent.. but i think we will get our chance to see alcoa this season as long as we give opponent our best and dont get caught looking ahead.... GO POLK

Dont know if we took Loudon lightly or not. I do know that their big physical line pushed us around on both sides of the ball and were well conditioned. Bradley was big also but our conditioning was better and they wilted after the first two series of each half (they were a little smaller but in better condition this year to their credit). When teams are pretty close it usually comes down to line play and turnovers. No doubt that district has much better competition across the board. Just Fact. Dont think the Cats will quit against anyone however, we will give em our best shot and see what happens.

Edited by bigcat77

with that bein said that one loss to bradley was the best thing that happened to polk this season.. they got cocky last season and the players took loudon lightly .. the coaching staff tried to tell them but they still took them lightly.. i think this yrs leaders will convince the boys to take each and every team with the most respect.... so lets look at meigs then next week we move on to the next opponent.. but i think we will get our chance to see alcoa this season as long as we give opponent our best and dont get caught looking ahead.... GO POLK

Polk didn't get cocky or take Loudon lightly, we just ran into a team that was bigger and more physical on the both sides of the ball. Our kids played hard but our O line and D line couldn't match up, #55 was in our backfield all night as well as a few others. Ok, let the bashing begin, I made the same comments last year after the loss and some of you took it personal. I'm not bashing the lineman but sometimes you run into teams that are better and physically you just can't match up with. Hope everyone is healthy after this game against Meigs and ready for the first round game.

Our kids played hard but our O line and D line couldn't match up, #55 was in our backfield all night as well as a few others.

That was my feeling after seeing that game last year. Loudon controlled the line of scrimmage.

After seeing Loudon against the Bears this year, I don't think they are very different. The Bears were better against them this year, and could have took the lead late if Massengill hadn't been tackled by a blade of grass. If Bradley had took the lead then the odds are good they win 21-17 instead of losing 17-14. (I know this is coulda shoulda type stuff, but it is my observation of that game...I don't hinge my thought process on Houston not scoring early because it was too early to suggest that play could have produced the winning score)

I frankly think Polk has a better shot at Loudon this year, but I would still suggest that Polk is the underdog in that matchup.

Polk didn't get cocky or take Loudon lightly, we just ran into a team that was bigger and more physical on the both sides of the ball. Our kids played hard but our O line and D line couldn't match up, #55 was in our backfield all night as well as a few others. Ok, let the bashing begin, I made the same comments last year after the loss and some of you took it personal. I'm not bashing the lineman but sometimes you run into teams that are better and physically you just can't match up with. Hope everyone is healthy after this game against Meigs and ready for the first round game.

6+4+3=2 Sounds like you was at the game... :roflol:

i was at bothe the playoff game vs loudon and the scrimmage before the season.. i can tell u loudon blew us off the ball yes in the 2nd rd game.. when went up and scrimmaged them it wasn the case.. we matched them blow for blow.. maybe they got better as the season went on .. but so did we.. i think the loudon boys jus wanted it more and our boys seein how we scrimmaged them may have took them a little lightly.. but yes we did get beat by a more physical team om that given night... looks like we may draw tyner in rd 1....

i was at bothe the playoff game vs loudon and the scrimmage before the season.. i can tell u loudon blew us off the ball yes in the 2nd rd game.. when went up and scrimmaged them it wasn the case.. we matched them blow for blow.. maybe they got better as the season went on .. but so did we.. i think the loudon boys jus wanted it more and our boys seein how we scrimmaged them may have took them a little lightly.. but yes we did get beat by a more physical team om that given night... looks like we may draw tyner in rd 1....

;)