Polk Co. at Meigs Co.

polkalumni

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you guys these boys deserve it they have played togethr since they was 5 years old. Not many teams can say that. They play for each other and have each others back. These boys have been great to watch and I hope they make a deep run. GO POLK

авто из америки

Well Scince I'm the only Meigs fan that has the Guts to post a reply here it is. Polk congrats to you guys, your a well coached team and hope you guys go deep into the playoff cause you guys have earned it year in and year out. And from what I've seen yall have the best team in the area hands down. But I will say this Meigs will play hard we always play you guys tuff just don't know how long. Meigs is a better team than what thier record shows and we've hand some tuff breaks this year and alot things haven't gone our way but it is what it is. We lost some guys that really could have help us this year The Bradford kid to Cleveland and the Frits kid to CAK and I dont think the team has got over those to guys givein up on them yet. We have some good players we just have to find ways to get them all on the field at the same time. Good luck Polk In the Playoffs.

Awright,awright,AWRIGHT !!! Me an' the missus went up Thursday and saw the droids against the droids at Alcoa.All that blather was pretty much blather.What I saw was two well matched teams.As in other well matched contests,one team shot their foot.I saw defending going to the air was a problem for Alcoa.And the first series = going down the field for a field goal.Yep Alcoa's back is a beast.CAK's QB was very adept at running down the filed by the HUGE open field as the D was drawn into coverage.VERY eye opening there,if you need one.He was eating 'em UP.Polk can play these guys.That intimidating thing is awright.Ain't like they ain't ever seen/heard it before - AND overcome it. Alcoa's wondering what a game with Polk would be like too.They just don't know yet,do they? :idea:

'Nuther thing. Think it was the SECOND round we went out last year.Polk plays Loudon in little league.Has for years.When I was helping out,we looked forward to that game because at the time they were the big dogs,the best ( < ? ) competition.Polk won the championship more than once in different age groups too.Course it changes at the high school level.Some a the same,some new. Loudon just started out cramming it down our throat and kept on hammering. 'Nuther year now. We'll have to see who has their heads on right. Sure would like to see Tyner again too.That was good competition .Good program. You think I'm jokin,,,,but I ain't,,,,,,,,Lol,,,,,,( I had ta throw that in there ,lol ) :roflol:

Well Scince I'm the only Meigs fan that has the Guts to post a reply here it is. Polk congrats to you guys, your a well coached team and hope you guys go deep into the playoff cause you guys have earned it year in and year out. And from what I've seen yall have the best team in the area hands down. But I will say this Meigs will play hard we always play you guys tuff just don't know how long. Meigs is a better team than what thier record shows and we've hand some tuff breaks this year and alot things haven't gone our way but it is what it is. We lost some guys that really could have help us this year The Bradford kid to Cleveland and the Frits kid to CAK and I dont think the team has got over those to guys givein up on them yet. We have some good players we just have to find ways to get them all on the field at the same time. Good luck Polk In the Playoffs.

Just being curious. Since you have seen them both play meigs back to back weeks. How would Sequatchie match up with Polk? They both have played alot of common opponents and I have been wondering all year. Thanks.

Just being curious. Since you have seen them both play meigs back to back weeks. How would Sequatchie match up with Polk? They both have played alot of common opponents and I have been wondering all year. Thanks.

I have seen them both. Game would only last about 90 minutes since both teams love to run the football. Allen is the difference on offense. SC QB just not the threat Allen is. Polks defense is better with Hargrove although the Indians will get after you. Would be a good game but I think Polk would win.

Awright,awright,AWRIGHT !!! Me an' the missus went up Thursday and saw the droids against the droids at Alcoa.All that blather was pretty much blather.What I saw was two well matched teams.As in other well matched contests,one team shot their foot.I saw defending going to the air was a problem for Alcoa.And the first series = going down the field for a field goal.Yep Alcoa's back is a beast.CAK's QB was very adept at running down the filed by the HUGE open field as the D was drawn into coverage.VERY eye opening there,if you need one.He was eating 'em UP.Polk can play these guys.That intimidating thing is awright.Ain't like they ain't ever seen/heard it before - AND overcome it. Alcoa's wondering what a game with Polk would be like too.They just don't know yet,do they? :idea:

We will be waiting on you but I do not think you will make it to Alcoa. Might want to worry about CAK first. I do hope we get the chance to play Polk. But, you know, Polk couldn't beat Loudon last year nor this year. Tyner just might end your season this year. You will not beat CAK this year if you make it to them.

Edited by scots50

We will be waiting on you but I do not think you will make it to Alcoa. Might want to worry about CAK first. I do hope we get the chance to play Polk. But, you know, Polk couldn't beat Loudon last year nor this year. Tyner just might end your season this year. You will not beat CAK this year if you make it to them.

Sounds like what Maryville faithful used to preach all the time until Alcoa came along and it will inturn happen to Alcoa. :thumb:

Sounds like what Maryville faithful used to preach all the time until Alcoa came along and it will inturn happen to Alcoa. :thumb:

Let's be realistic here. What happened to you guys against Bradley Central this year? Do I need to remind you that Loudon beat BC this year and you did not? Further, do I need to remind you that Alcoa beat Loudon 42-3 this year? No smack talk here. Just the facts.

And yeah, you are right. Alcoa will lose sometime. Probably next year. But only time will tell. We have an opening in our schedule next year. I would love to see Polk fill it.