Who wins 1a state champion ship

gamechanger

Not trying to knock you but 6A? How many teams out of that District have played in the state title game the last decade?? I know from 2005-2010 only Jo Byrns from middle single A was able to get to the state title game others were from West. McKenzie, Union City(2times) and JCS. Again not saying you guys don't have good teams but going through 14A with AA teams Humbolt, Peabody and A teams Union City,Lake County and South Fulton is no easy task as well. Those west teams will be battle tested as well.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to knock you but 6A? How many teams out of that District have played in the state title game the last decade?? I know from 2005-2010 only Jo Byrns from middle single A was able to get to the state title game others were from West. McKenzie, Union City(2times) and JCS. Again not saying you guys don't have good teams but going through 14A with AA teams Humbolt, Peabody and A teams Union City,Lake County and South Fulton is no easy task as well. Those west teams will be battle tested as well.

If you would have read my post, i said Region 6A may not have the best team in 1A but it has the most teams of high caliber PC, WC, CWood, Colombia Academy, and Cornersville were all in the top 20 most of the season. And i still say i would rather be in the West TN Quad than the one with the rest of Region 6A.

Union City, Bruceton, Monterey, Cornersville and Clay Co all have 4 wins. Curently there are 21 teams with 5 wins or more. So, it looks like 3 of the 5 above listed teams will battle it out for the 3 spots. I have looked at the TSSAA tie breaking procedures and currently Monterey, Cornersville and Clay Co would be in. Now if Union City and Bruceton win along with loses by the other 3 teams then Cornersville, Union City and Bruceton would claim the last 3 spots. Union City plays So.Fulton, Bruceton plays West Carroll, Monterey plays Friendship Christian, Cornersville plays Perry Co and Clay Co plays Oliver Springs. Union City and Bruceton have winable games.I have no idea about Clay Co. Cornersville and Monterey are in trouble in their games. Cornersville holds a tie breaker over these teams due to playing more teams with a winning record.If UC and Bruceton get in that would throw a monkey wrench in quad 4. The TSSAA might have to put Perry Co in the west quad with Lake Co, So, Fulton, Huntington,Union City and Bruceton. Jo.Byrns, Wayne Co, Collinwood,Nash Christian, Clarksville Acd and Columbia Acd could all be in quad 3.

Quad 3 would be loaded, no easy games there.

Awesome.... Not sure but I would look for South Fulton to beat Union City.... Somebody please tell me a little more about Bruceton and West Carrol.

South Fulton lost their QB for the year so???? No offense, but Bruceton and West Carroll are both 1 and done in the playoffs! although anything can happen.....Bruceton's still down and WC is always about the same!