Westmoreland @ Macon

geo1126

Here's another Jlwlln I saved a few years back, can't remember exactly where I got it. Some of you may recognize it...

I'll never get to put the pads on again; next year will be my first year not playing. I guess I'm a has been or never was. But isn’t it a beautiful process. 4 years of ball made high school fun. Now all I have are the memories the bad shoulders and the scars. It was worth every moment of it. I’m gonna miss the 3 a days, the clank, clank sound of the weight room, the hot practices, the lights, the smells, the sounds, the blood, the sweat, the smell of fresh cut grass.

Its the little things I'm gonna miss like waking up on Saturday morning so sore you can't mow the grass but having that ohh so sweet feeling of ending that losing streak, The game days when you can't concentrate on your school work or your girlfriend cause all you can think about is whether that backer is gonna blitz that night or not. its the pre game meals your too nervous to eat, its walkin' outta that locker room and looking at the practice field and knowing that’s where games are really won. It's the 5'8 130lb dt beating the 6'6 300lb college prospect ot because the dt has a little more fire that night, Its that bad calls, the good calls, The homecoming queens, the hopes and dreams of goin' 15-0. It's the freshman that get to come into the games that get knocked down but never quit, Its the 4 hour away trips and how they always seem short after a win. It's that equipment you don't wash until the last practice of the season cause it's bad luck, Its looking up in the stands and knowing even though your having a bad year and crowd numbers are slim that mamaw's still up there yelling loud as ever, its the beast thing that God has ever created and so the process goes on don’t ever forget them Friday night lights boys. To all seniors who will never get to pop the pads again remember stay low, and block till the whistle blows.

Edited by Wishbone

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok boys its come down to this the last game of the regular season so lets go out winners. I want you boys to know how much i've enjoyed watching you play since you boys were in pee wee. So lets go out on senior night and give your all for us TIGER FANS one last time at home. You boys have had a harder time than most with all the coaching chages threw the years but lets finish this, listen to Coach Pemberton and staff yal get into the play offs and take it one game at a time, look at Livingston that year 5-5 and won 5 straight and got that gold ball it can be done. Lean on each other play hard and lets be the true BOYS OF FALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok boys its come down to this the last game of the regular season so lets go out winners. I want you boys to know how much i've enjoyed watching you play since you boys were in pee wee. So lets go out on senior night and give your all for us TIGER FANS one last time at home. You boys have had a harder time than most with all the coaching chages threw the years but lets finish this, listen to Coach Pemberton and staff yal get into the play offs and take it one game at a time, look at Livingston that year 5-5 and won 5 straight and got that gold ball it can be done. Lean on each other play hard and lets be the true BOYS OF FALL!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt agree more...Go Tigers

Very well put. GO BIG BLUE