Ripley @ Obion Central

I agree but the Rebels aren't playing well on the road against the better teams and having to play a team and beat them again like the Rebels did last week will be very hard. The Rebels should just come out and do the exact same thing and should have no problems. The Rebels have what it takes to win a few rounds...but then possible crockett Co waiting on the winner and P A Pratts last year..that team will be up for sure. Good Luck. Union City is also is a decent bracket. Should beat Bruceton and then play Perry Co. It is always better to play a team you have not played than one you have. Usually ...odds are you split when that happens. We will see.

To be honest they have played better on the road with the exception of Cape Central...

Perry County beat Wayne County...UC played Perry Co in basketball way back when Marcus Williams played...That's a long drive to the boondocks....

I agree about P.A. but OC should have beaten them back in the first meeting...OC is a much better team now than they were then and CC has lost three of five including losses to Dyersburg and Ripley...Teams that OC beat by a combined score of 92-22...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after all the back and forth, it's OC vs Ripley II. This time at Ripley. OC did play very well against the Tigers on Thurs. and will need to play that well again this Friday night to move on. This sets up an interesting match-up, seeing as the two played a week earlier. Ripley did have problems stopping OC's offense, so they do indeed have work to do. OC did a good job on "D", and need to again. Can't think about Crockett, or anyone else this week, which I know Coach Jackson and his staff will take care. I look for the Rebs to be primed and focused when they make the trip south to Tigerland, and when it is all said and done, OC will have to start prep work for Week 12. Don't think it will be 44-15 again, but I do think it will again be a Rebel Victory!!! :thumb::popcorneater:

GO REBELS!!!!!!

Yeah I was on the 03 team that beat Brighton 42-7 in the 9th week of the season with our b-team players in the second half. Then we meet up with them in the second round, they keyed in on the veer real well and we lost by 8 points. That was a little different I think. With the veer, and a coach that liked to run the ball every down, except four or five times a game we were pretty easy to plan for. With the Rebels offense being so balanced, with a running back like Fair, and a good passing attack it is not going to be an easy game for anyone to plan for. When I was there we went from one extreme to the next. lol 95% passing to 95% running. But the Rebels have to click on all cylinders like they did against Ripley or they won't beat anyone. I think the Rebels are a good team but it seems like it is either hit or miss for them. They need to hit again on Friday night or they are gonna be thinking about Ripley like I think about Brighton. Good Luck Rebels, don't overlook anyone, cause I promise you, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.