Ripley @ Obion Central

Congrats to LaDevin Fair for going over 1000 yards for the season last night. Kid runs as hard, and more importantly, as smart as any back I've seen. It just seems he never goes down or out of bounds when defenders think he is. Kid is a major player in the Rebels offensive scheme. And Shawn, great game last night sis. Keep clocking defenders kid.

Go Rebels!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOLID Game from the Rebs!! The Offense was ON, big night for Fair, and a big night for Mr Weaks as well. Phipps continues to throw the ball well, and Cary, Mcgrew and Ward all had solid nights. And a great job by the "O" line. This bunch can play. And the Defense is playing WELL. So now, the Rebs will play in Week 11, and I for one am real interested in seeing what they do with it. Looking for BIG things next week, like a week 11 WIN!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

The Rebels started out slow against the 10th ranked Tigers but boy did they finish strong...After spotting Ripley a 15-7 lead Obion Central ran off, and I do mean ran off, 37 straight points to beat the Tigers 44-15...

As has been stated, Trey Phipps had close to 200 yards passing, Shawn Weaks had his best all around game of the season with 6 receptions for 98 yards and 1 TD and several pad rattling blocks and LaDevin Fair looked like Reggie Bush at times rushing for 247 yards..The O-line did their job and what about the Rebel defense ??....They held Ripley to under 200 total yards on the night...

Jaquis Williams found out some good news this week as he was offered a scholarship to play in Laramie, Wyoming for the Wyoming Cowboys...

Obion Central after a frustrating start has closed on a 4-2 run...The offense is clicking right now and will be a nigtmare for someone to prepare for next week...

Congrats to the 19 Rebel seniors...What a way to end the home part of the regular season....

To LU the Eagle...Yes...You are correct about Hill's two years at OC...I completely forgot his 5-6 first year where the Rebs lost to Ridgeway 35-0 in Rd 1...It's easy to remember Hill's last season and the Kingsbury game and then Bowling's first year and the big win then the disappointing home 2 point loss to a Brighton team the Rebs had just beaten in Week 10 of that season 42-7 on the road...

Very impressive win for the Rebels! Just about everone had the Rebels bags packed and going home! 37 unanswered wow! great job and good luck in the playoffs! :thumb:

REMATCH ROUND 1......Next Friday night.....

What's your outlook as far as changing quads? Our advantage or disadvantage? A few years ago OC blew out Brighton and 2 weeks later lost to Brighton in the playoffs. I like our chances against Ripley. I don't know that they can correct their execution issues in a week. Hope the Rebels can maintain their performance level.

REMATCH ROUND 1......Next Friday night.....

The Rebels # 7 seed will travel first round playing in Ripley # 2 seed. Then winner will play at the winner of # 3 seed Crockett Co. and # 6 seed Kingsbury. Rebels look to be on the road during entire playoffs. Good Luck, you play like you did this Friday and you can make it to at least 3rd round.

What's your outlook as far as changing quads? Our advantage or disadvantage? A few years ago OC blew out Brighton and 2 weeks later lost to Brighton in the playoffs. I like our chances against Ripley. I don't know that they can correct their execution issues in a week. Hope the Rebels can maintain their performance level.

I personally don't like playing a team back to back....Ripley will have motivation but by the same token they didn't stop anything OC did..Do they have a coaching staff that can figure things out in a week ??...They surely won't try all that tricky stuff this week??...Still don't understand why Ripley thought they needed to trick our defense...We did get a favorable bracket...Crockett County is a game the Rebs should have won...Would have if they wouldn't have had that TD called back for holding...

I would have liked to have seen some different teams though...

Just logged on and saw the TSSAA bracket. It is usually not good playing teams right after you have played them before. I hope the Rebels have more of them and if Ripleys coaching is a problem, the Rebels should win again but the pressure is on the Rebels...not the tigers. Good Luck Rebels. It does appear by the brackets , the Central Rebels will be on the road then entire playoffs.

Just logged on and saw the TSSAA bracket. It is usually not good playing teams right after you have played them before. I hope the Rebels have more of them and if Ripleys coaching is a problem, the Rebels should win again but the pressure is on the Rebels...not the tigers. Good Luck Rebels. It does appear by the brackets , the Central Rebels will be on the road then entire playoffs.

I would argue that the pressure is on the Tiger secondary and linebackers....They didn't stop much OC did last Thursday...The Ripley staff has alot of work to do...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

I personally don't like playing a team back to back....Ripley will have motivation but by the same token they didn't stop anything OC did..Do they have a coaching staff that can figure things out in a week ??...They surely won't try all that tricky stuff this week??...Still don't understand why Ripley thought they needed to trick our defense...We did get a favorable bracket...Crockett County is a game the Rebs should have won...Would have if they wouldn't have had that TD called back for holding...

I would have liked to have seen some different teams though...

Yes, I would have liked to have seen some of the other teams. By the same token, The Rebels shouldn't be surprised by anything in this bracket. I like our chances against Ripley. Athletic as they are, OC handled them well this week and hopefully can again. I disagree with UCGRAD though, in that the pressure is on both teams. The new season is about to begin, and the pressure is on every team. Looks to me like Covington got the short end of the stick on the pairings. But the Rebels have to bring their "A" game or they will find that short end themselves. I hope Thursday nights win will boost their confidence for the playoffs. Give Sis some extra beans and cornbread this week. He needs to keep bringing the lumber!

Nice to see all 3 county teams back in the playoffs. Good luck to all. Go Rebels!!!!

I would argue that the pressure is on the Tiger secondary and linebackers....They didn't stop much OC did last Thursday...The Ripley staff has alot of work to do...

I agree but the Rebels aren't playing well on the road against the better teams and having to play a team and beat them again like the Rebels did last week will be very hard. The Rebels should just come out and do the exact same thing and should have no problems. The Rebels have what it takes to win a few rounds...but then possible crockett Co waiting on the winner and P A Pratts last year..that team will be up for sure. Good Luck. Union City is also is a decent bracket. Should beat Bruceton and then play Perry Co. It is always better to play a team you have not played than one you have. Usually ...odds are you split when that happens. We will see.

Yes, I would have liked to have seen some of the other teams. By the same token, The Rebels shouldn't be surprised by anything in this bracket. I like our chances against Ripley. Athletic as they are, OC handled them well this week and hopefully can again. I disagree with UCGRAD though, in that the pressure is on both teams. The new season is about to begin, and the pressure is on every team. Looks to me like Covington got the short end of the stick on the pairings. But the Rebels have to bring their "A" game or they will find that short end themselves. I hope Thursday nights win will boost their confidence for the playoffs. Give Sis some extra beans and cornbread this week. He needs to keep bringing the lumber!

Nice to see all 3 county teams back in the playoffs. Good luck to all. Go Rebels!!!!

:roflol: Will do, brother !!