Lawrence Co at Tullahoma

binns37388

Tullahoma has another chance to clinch the District 8AAA championship this Friday nite at Tullahoma, but Lawrence Co can do the same thing. Going into this game, Lawrence Co will actually have a better overall record at 7-2 compared to the Cats 6-3. Lawrence Co seems to be playing their best football at the end of the season and Tullahoma has lost two straight after winning six games in a row. This game should be a very hard hitting and physical game. For the past several years this game has playoff possibilities for each team. Last years game at Lawrence co was played in a driving rainstorm and Tullahoma was beaten soundly by the Wildcats. Tullahoma will be ready for this game and will give it their best shot. Scott and I will talk about this game on our sports talk show, High School Sports plus, on Monday nite from 6pm til 7pm, on 101.5, fantasyradio in Manchester, Tn. There is a possibility of the Cats getting some key players back for this game.Both teams are in the playoffs. If Lawrence Co wins there could be 4 teams tied for 1st place in the district. Tullahoma went back to work Saturday to get ready for the Wildcats. A crowd of over 5,000 people will be there this Friday nite. If some of you folks have waited all year to go to a game, then this is it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LCHS wins this game, and the district's best player Trent Garland will have a big game!!!

I would like to make a statement about the "Districts best player" you spoke of. I have seen all the district teams play this year and have seen most of the teams play multiple times and you hit the nail on the head! I have not seen any player in this district play at the level the Garland kid has and has meant more to his team and the outcome of the games he has played in than Trent Garland. I have seen many great players come through this district and he is one of the best I have seen!

I look forward to a huge game from Garland Friday night. It looks like this LCHS team is coming together nicely for their final game at Tullahoma and I strong run in the playoffs. This has always been a good game, with the exception of last year, and I am looking forward to this matchup!

Tullahoma has another chance to clinch the District 8AAA championship this Friday nite at Tullahoma, but Lawrence Co can do the same thing. Going into this game, Lawrence Co will actually have a better overall record at 7-2 compared to the Cats 6-3. Lawrence Co seems to be playing their best football at the end of the season and Tullahoma has lost two straight after winning six games in a row. This game should be a very hard hitting and physical game. For the past several years this game has playoff possibilities for each team. Last years game at Lawrence co was played in a driving rainstorm and Tullahoma was beaten soundly by the Wildcats. Tullahoma will be ready for this game and will give it their best shot. Scott and I will talk about this game on our sports talk show, High School Sports plus, on Monday nite from 6pm til 7pm, on 101.5, fantasyradio in Manchester, Tn. There is a possibility of the Cats getting some key players back for this game.Both teams are in the playoffs. If Lawrence Co wins there could be 4 teams tied for 1st place in the district. Tullahoma went back to work Saturday to get ready for the Wildcats. A crowd of over 5,000 people will be there this Friday nite. If some of you folks have waited all year to go to a game, then this is it.

Binns..........I would like to take this moment to thank you for always having great posts and pretty much always telling the story exactly the way it is. It takes a special person to have so much loyalty to a team and still tell the story like it needs to be told. I was wondering if you had any reports on the health of the Tullahoma and Lawrence County teams. You stated in the post above Ttown may be getting some players back this week and I was wondering if that still holds true? I wasn't able to make it to any games this week but I figured with both LCHS and Ttown playing the teams they played last week they were surely going to get some players banged up for this weeks showdown. Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free game. I would like to see both these teams make a run in the playoffs. Looking forward to your radio show tonight at 6 PM!!

Binns..........I would like to take this moment to thank you for always having great posts and pretty much always telling the story exactly the way it is. It takes a special person to have so much loyalty to a team and still tell the story like it needs to be told. I was wondering if you had any reports on the health of the Tullahoma and Lawrence County teams. You stated in the post above Ttown may be getting some players back this week and I was wondering if that still holds true? I wasn't able to make it to any games this week but I figured with both LCHS and Ttown playing the teams they played last week they were surely going to get some players banged up for this weeks showdown. Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free game. I would like to see both these teams make a run in the playoffs. Looking forward to your radio show tonight at 6 PM!!

Thx for the kind words. I don't know anything definite at the moment, but Trey Burks was doing no contact work at practice last week and according to reliable sources, his dad was quoted as saying that Trey was ready to go. Montrell Berry didn't play last Friday against Siegel, but I think he'll be ready to go Friday nite. I heard that Cale Greenway talked back to a coach on the sidelines after dropping a pass and didn't play the rest of the game. Cale was mad at himself and knows he should have caught that pass and probably said something in the heat of the moment that he shouldn't have said. Just guessing that Cale will play, but may not start. Will Sharpton, who was hurt in the Shelbyville game, might be able to play. I know there are a lot of ifs and maybes, but it is too early in the week to know these things for sure.

District 8AAA is going to be in for one of the craziest most exciting friday nights that you can ask for. With the Lawerence/Tullahoma game and the Lincoln County/Shelbyville game. Both games have a MAJOR affect on the playoff situation. I see Lawerence County beating Tullahoma and Lincoln County beating Shelbyville, both games being good ones. I think the dline/linebackers have got to step up for Tullahoma if they want to stop Trent Garland and the misdirection offense of Lawerence County. Also Lawerence County has got to do a good job of shutting down Tullahoma's passing attack and especially the combo of Davis to Sheffield(#2 to #10 i think)because they are probly the second best duo in the district behind Lincoln County's QB/WR duo. This should be a very physical and tough game. I also hope Burkes will be back for Tullahoma for this game. I still havent made up my mind on which game im going to yet but i dont think ill be disapointed either way :thumb:. Good Luck to Both teams and hope for an injury free game

Thx for the kind words. I don't know anything definite at the moment, but Trey Burks was doing no contact work at practice last week and according to reliable sources, his dad was quoted as saying that Trey was ready to go. Montrell Berry didn't play last Friday against Siegel, but I think he'll be ready to go Friday nite. I heard that Cale Greenway talked back to a coach on the sidelines after dropping a pass and didn't play the rest of the game. Cale was mad at himself and knows he should have caught that pass and probably said something in the heat of the moment that he shouldn't have said. Just guessing that Cale will play, but may not start. Will Sharpton, who was hurt in the Shelbyville game, might be able to play. I know there are a lot of ifs and maybes, but it is too early in the week to know these things for sure.

I did notice where Cale wasn't playing much toward the end of the game. I just thought he must have suffered an injury. I guess we will find out if discipline or winning is the most important thing to the coaches. Cale has lots of talent and he needs to play for Tullahoma to have a chance to win. I heard Coach Olive say on the radio that Sharpton will not play and that will certainly hurt on defense. I just hope the Burks kid is really healthy and doesn't come back to soon just to go out again and not help in the playoffs. Missing that many weeks and coming back against a very physical Lawrence County team could play a toll. I hear that LCHS may not be completely healthy either. It appears they may have lost a starter on defense but I am not positive who. If its a defensive lineman then it may even up the Sharpton loss. I am sure there will be a packed house Friday night and it should be perfect football weather. I am sure the Lawrence County fan base will be impressed with the stadium and should bring a huge fan base also. I am already excited and its just Monday night!!

I did notice where Cale wasn't playing much toward the end of the game. I just thought he must have suffered an injury. I guess we will find out if discipline or winning is the most important thing to the coaches. Cale has lots of talent and he needs to play for Tullahoma to have a chance to win. I heard Coach Olive say on the radio that Sharpton will not play and that will certainly hurt on defense. I just hope the Burks kid is really healthy and doesn't come back to soon just to go out again and not help in the playoffs. Missing that many weeks and coming back against a very physical Lawrence County team could play a toll. I hear that LCHS may not be completely healthy either. It appears they may have lost a starter on defense but I am not positive who. If its a defensive lineman then it may even up the Sharpton loss. I am sure there will be a packed house Friday night and it should be perfect football weather. I am sure the Lawrence County fan base will be impressed with the stadium and should bring a huge fan base also. I am already excited and its just Monday night!!

I heard that Cale Greenway had to do 25 hard yards before he can play Friday. It would be hard to pick a game, but I don't know if any teams can match the intensity level of the game friday nite at Tullahoma.Its gonna be a war.