Coaching Changes

eers

There are several programs that have experienced a sharp decrease in the "W" column and may need a change to get the ship going back in the right direction.

Perhaps it's a bit early, but as the season is winding down I was wondering if anyone had heard any rumors of potential coaching changes?

It seems that when a question like this comes up, people naturally start looking for big names to put into certain situations. I would like to know if some of these possible openings should be filled by new "blood" instead of coaches moving from one school to the next based on a good offer if you know what I mean. Some assistant coaches in the state may have a good idea of delegating tasks instead of trying to do the job by themselves.

It seems that when a question like this comes up, people naturally start looking for big names to put into certain situations. I would like to know if some of these possible openings should be filled by new "blood" instead of coaches moving from one school to the next based on a good offer if you know what I mean. Some assistant coaches in the state may have a good idea of delegating tasks instead of trying to do the job by themselves.

I agree, there are a lot of places that should look to "new blood" to rejuvenate their programs. I personally know a few assistant coaches that I am certainwould make excellent head coaches. One of the biggest benefits that you get with this is thwey are a little more "hungry" than an established coach and that hunger will resinate with the players.

I have heard Blade will not be at OR next year. I believe there are two things. One, Blade feels he was sold a bill of goods on the amount of talent in the feeder program that is on the way up. It's just not there. Also, I believe his wife is not happy here and wants to move back to middle Tennessee. I was told this by another coach who was told by a Knoxville media member that covers high school football. So there you have it, it's called a rumor. We shall wait and see.

This is hilarious...............I thought Blades was one of those "super" coaches that could coach anything to championship level!! Are you now saying that he needs good players, and he cannot just "magically" develop those mouthpiece chewers into D-1 talent

I would say any word from Oak Ridge is just sour grapes from some old Stevens supporters. BTW did you notice how well he did at LaVergne this year? <_<

Blade is still in the implimenting his program there stage.

This is hilarious...............I thought Blades was one of those "super" coaches that could coach anything to championship level!! Are you now saying that he needs good players, and he cannot just "magically" develop those mouthpiece chewers into D-1 talent LOD, you need to tell him about the "snake" drill!!

This is hilarious...............I thought Blades was one of those "super" coaches that could coach anything to championship level!! Are you now saying that he needs good players, and he cannot just "magically" develop those mouthpiece chewers into D-1 talent LOD, you need to tell him about the "snake" drill!!

Coach 'RANKIN' is the King of the snake drill, and is closer to teach it. :roflolk: