Farragut at William Blount

tpoole12

I know it's been a tough week for the Admirals. I'm sorry for the passing of a great mentor. I will continue to keep family and friends in my prayers.

Its hard to believe that we are at the last week of the regular season. It will be senior night at WB. Many teams are looking to the post season while others will be playing their last game. Such is the case this friday.

Farragut won against an improved LC team last week while WB lost big to Maryville. WB has continued to commit turnovers and struggled on special teams. This cannot continue if the Govs hope to upset the Admirals. I know that there has been alot of distraction this week for Farragut but I'm sure they will show up ready to play.

I will be pulling for the Govs but for them to win they must play nearly perfect and Farragut will have to make some mistakes.

Thoughts??????????????????????????? :popcorneater:

tpoole12

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senior Night at WB...wow. This year has really flown by! It feels like the jamboree was just yesterday. Senior Night is always bittersweet...for a lot of these guys, this is the last time they'll ever get to play football. On the other hand, I wish all our seniors the best and look forward to seeing what they accomplish with their lives after this chapter ends.

I'd like nothing more than for the Govs to come prepared Friday night to play their hearts out and break our losing streak against Farragut. Play hard, WB, and don't leave anything on the field. Like a coach of mine once said, "You'll always remember your last one."

If WB plays the way they played last week, Farragut could have half their starters out and win this one easily. It pains me to say that and I hope WB comes out with more than what they had last week, for that matter, more than what they have had for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Hopefully, you will see a QB change for WB Friday night and maybe that will be the spark they need to end the year on a good note offensively. Defensively, I don't know what was the issue last week, they have been playing pretty well but last week there were several TD's where the Maryville player would not have been down if they were playing two hand touch. They have to make it tougher than that on the opponents. From the outside looking in, things will not change at WB until there is a lot more discipline enforced. I think with the lack of athletes that sometimes a coach is hesitant to be as stern as he should be for fear of losing players, from my standpoint, if that player is willing to quit because of discipline, then he was not going to be a winner for you in the first place. If you really do the research, I guarantee you that the first thing that every successful program has is discipline, it is the foundation of success. You cannot put the trusses on a building before the foundation has been poured and the walls put up.

Farragut's Sophmore QB got his first career varsity start last week vs. LC, and it showed in the play calling. Hopefully tomorrow the staff will open up a little bit and let him throw it. I don't think they had 6 passing plays called last week, and the strength of this QB is his arm. I understand they wanted to protect his self confidence by not chancing any interceptions, but it looked offensively that they were playing with one hand tied behind their back.

Ads really banged up.....QB out, 2 RB's out, DB out....LB out. They still had enough last week for an emotional win over Lenoir City and with 2nd place in the district a possibility (Bearden beats Catholic) if they win, they will by 28 - 14.

OL out last week as well. Does anyone know if Dockery will play?

I guess I also consider starting Bandit out, since he is playing FS.

I really hate that Hannay left the team. He may regret it for a long time. Another year in the weight room and he could have been a monster. I'm sure getting moved around all the time can get frustrating, but he was going to be a big contributor.

Admirals... Good luck moving forward in the playoffs...

WB seniors.. I've enjoyed seeing you grow into young men.. Good luck as you move into the next stage of your life.. Many life lessons are learned on the field.. Life beyond high school is also a team sport.. Good luck in whatever path you choose...

Okay Juniors... It's your time to step up and be the leaders.. Work hard in the off season... Football games are won in the weight room and on the practice field.. Demand the best from yourself and lead by example..

tpoole12

Sorry for the edit but I forgot to mention all those "old" people they had on the field last night.. Class of 1980, wow where does the time go. Some of you have held up quite well. Others??? Not so good! Before anyone gets offended let me state that I am a 1976 alumnus of Lanier so everything I said applies to me also. Though I look forward to every day I now have to sneek up on the mirror in hopes that old ugly guy won't be there to greet me............ :blush:

Edited by tpoole12