Power District 14A

shockernation

<Maybe Union City is making a push for that top spot.Lake Co won tonight against Bradford 51-37.Played Bradford kind of ball but in looking at Bradford,they have the makings of a very good team.I thought Bradford did as good a job on T.T.as anyone.But T.T. did make some plays for the other girls.Both teams played hard and it's always a tough game to come out of Bradford with a win.Combs was on the bench and didn't play for Bradford.With Combs,Bratton and Street on the floor and some of the other girls I saw tonight,no reason Bradford can't be a key player if they come to play.The talent is there.May be one of those teams that gets better later in the season and may not be the team someone wants to play in an elimination game.

Edited by mrbigster

Why was Combs on the bench? And, they played Lake Co. that close without her? Wow. Our district may be a lot tighter than what a lot of us thought. Last year it was tight top to bottom. Looks like it might be again this year.

Bradford played very well overall.I'll take a 14 point win any day at Bradford,with Combs or without Combs.And also without T.T. being much of a factor.Carnation Hart got in foul trouble and T.T. also got in early foul trouble and the coach had to take her out in some spots and put her back in sime spots to keep her from picking up her 5th foul.For a while in the 2nd quarter both T.T. and Canrnation were on the bench without any ball handlers on the floor.But still..Bradford has as much talent as anyone from what I saw last night.Bratton and Street are very good players.The other girls played good defense.Lake Co basically sat on the ball the last 4 minutes.Bradford didn't seem to want to come out of the zone and Lake Co didn't need to try to score.I believe Lake Co did turn the ball over once during that time but still about 2 minutes or more went off the clock with Bradford sitting back.But again..the team I saw last night was as good as any team I've seen..so with Combs in the lineup..doubt some teams would think it would be an easy win.Wasnt the best officiated game for either team as well.Bradford ,just as other teams are taught ..when T.T. is driving full speed ..other teams take a charge..Last night they got a couple calls.But another time,T.T. was driving full speed..stopped with no contact whatso ever..and the girl fell back like a truck hit her.Coach Johnson told the officials that on that play..should tell them something..like a flop with no contact whatsoever.And minutes later,the same thing happened again.Coach Johnson was livid and the official asked him?What you want me to do about it?I thought an intentional flop was a tech.But Bradford has a lot of talent.If they play as they are capable,they can beat a lot of teams..Lake Co and Greenfield included..They did beat Union City..Who would have thought Union City would have beaten Greenfield by that score?

Greenfield wins by 7 and should have won by 20. Coach Eddings gets more out of his players than any coach around. Bradford has two good players, Street and Bratton and several young role players. The one player already mentioned in an earlier post hurts Bradford with a terrible attitude, no hustle or leadership, loafs on defense and mouths alot. I will be surprised if she finishes out the season on the team.

Emily Allen should get the game ball for Greenfield tonight. She singlehandedly broke Bradfords press the second half and had Bradfords best defensive player, Street guarding her most of the night. I give Coach Eddings credit because he took Greenfield out of their game and stopped Jordan Galey. Greenfield miss several layups and several FT's or it would have been a 20 point game.

UC beat Greenfield tonight 49-39. The Lady Jackets are missing Haley Rawls, our starting PG, bad...we cant handle the ball without her. We have some young girls that are good, but they are young. Rawls is expected to be out until after Christmas...hopefully, she'll be back and the young girls will get better at handling the pressure...and we'll be alright come tourney time. But, right now, teams that put pressure on the ball handlers are causing the Jackets fits....that's what UC did tonight....

Greenfield has alot more problems than Rawls not playing. Greenfield is just not very good. There is no leader on the floor with alot of young talent on the team. Greenfield will only get better as there young point guards get playing time and they will only get better over the next 2 years.

Greenfield has alot more problems than Rawls not playing. Greenfield is just not very good. There is no leader on the floor with alot of young talent on the team. Greenfield will only get better as there young point guards get playing time and they will only get better over the next 2 years.

I agree that we have a lot of good, young girls on the team. I agree that they'll probably be playing better by the end of the year. BUT, if Rawls can get well, and can get back into playing shape, then I think we'll get a whole lot better fast. We have the girls underneath to be a very good, good team. We have Randolph and McMullen underneath. They are both very good in the paint. We have Jordan Galey at the 3 spot, and she can score...and she can help handle the ball. But, the biggest problem we have right now is not getting the ball down the court, and not getting the ball in the hands of these 3 girls.

I believe Rawls will help solve that problem.

But, right now, she's not available..due to injury. So, we've got to play with what we've got. I really hope that we'll have ball handlers like Andrea Smith and Emily Allen on the court at ALL times.

I think we definitely have the potential to be a very good team.....if we can learn to handle the ball.

I agree that we have a lot of good, young girls on the team. I agree that they'll probably be playing better by the end of the year. BUT, if Rawls can get well, and can get back into playing shape, then I think we'll get a whole lot better fast. We have the girls underneath to be a very good, good team. We have Randolph and McMullen underneath. They are both very good in the paint. We have Jordan Galey at the 3 spot, and she can score...and she can help handle the ball. But, the biggest problem we have right now is not getting the ball down the court, and not getting the ball in the hands of these 3 girls.

I believe Rawls will help solve that problem.

But, right now, she's not available..due to injury. So, we've got to play with what we've got. I really hope that we'll have ball handlers like Andrea Smith and Emily Allen on the court at ALL times.

I think we definitely have the potential to be a very good team.....if we can learn to handle the ball.

What time frame are you looking for the Rawls kid to come back from her injury ??

it's really uncertain...possibly after Christmas. I sure do hope so, because we need a ball handler bad, and she's a good one.

Greenfield will be just fine by tournament time with our young guards. Your expectations are way to high for Rawls to come back this year and be of much help. Lets move on with our current players and pull for them instead of posting how we miss someone all the time. It sounds to me like an excuse why we lost everytime you post that. Right now Greenfield is justnot very good but they have a chance to make it out of the district.

Greenfield will be just fine by tournament time with our young guards. Your expectations are way to high for Rawls to come back this year and be of much help. Lets move on with our current players and pull for them instead of posting how we miss someone all the time. It sounds to me like an excuse why we lost everytime you post that. Right now Greenfield is justnot very good but they have a chance to make it out of the district.

I hope you're right...about the young guards being really good by tourney time.