Power District 14A

shockernation

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has definitely been the best single A district in the state for years. Humboldt, Lake Co., and Union City have very good teams every year...sometimes great teams. Then, you throw in Trenton and Halls, who are usually pretty good; sometimes better than that. Then, you have South Fulton, Greenfield, and Bradford...teams that have gone to the state tourney in the past...sometimes even winning the state. So, this district, year in and year out, has been one of the best.

It'll be good again this year. Humboldt and Lake Co. seem to be the favorites. UC is always good. The rest of the teams, we dont know yet how good, or how bad, they are.

Coach Glisson has Bradford playing good ball. Greenfield has some very good, older players, but is short on the inside. South Fulton has Avent and company. I've heard that Trenton lost a lot from last years team, but I expect that they'll be at least competitive, and who knows...some of the young players could really step up. You never know til the season starts.

But, 14A is a tough, tough district.

This has definitely been the best single A district in the state for years. Humboldt, Lake Co., and Union City have very good teams every year...sometimes great teams. Then, you throw in Trenton and Halls, who are usually pretty good; sometimes better than that. Then, you have South Fulton, Greenfield, and Bradford...teams that have gone to the state tourney in the past...sometimes even winning the state. So, this district, year in and year out, has been one of the best.

It'll be good again this year. Humboldt and Lake Co. seem to be the favorites. UC is always good. The rest of the teams, we dont know yet how good, or how bad, they are.

Coach Glisson has Bradford playing good ball. Greenfield has some very good, older players, but is short on the inside. South Fulton has Avent and company. I've heard that Trenton lost a lot from last years team, but I expect that they'll be at least competitive, and who knows...some of the young players could really step up. You never know til the season starts.

But, 14A is a tough, tough district.

I thought Avent graduated last year?

Boldt is the clear fav! LC and UC in a fight for 2nd! But dont count bradford or peabody out!! Truly can't wait to see DISCIPLINED basketball in LC! and who knows we might call a timeout this year, seeing we havn't used one in like 3yrs! Bargers press is gonna be 32mins of you know what :thumb::flower: !! and the back door is locked this year...hint hint

I'm pretty positive and if he were still in school at South Fulton,I would have figured he would have been their main running back .

Avent never liked summer work outs and was kicked off the team last year...I thought the same was true for this year...I could be wrong, though. I was just thinking that he was a junior last year for some reason.

Oh well, if they dont have Avent, then they'll be hurting...unless some younger players really turn it up a notch.

The Lake Co Falcon boys team will play the Obion Central boys in the Dyersburg Jamboree on Nov. 13th startting at 4:00.Following the boys game ,the Lake Co Lady Falcons will play the Obion Central girls at 4:45.It will be the first meeting in more than a decade for the former rivals.Other teams in the Jamboree are Halls,Crockett Co.,Westview,Brighton,TCA,and Dyersburg.!

• 2 weeks later...

Going to watch some action today at 4 in Dyersburg.Lake Co boys open up with Obion Central.I hope they take it easy.I heard Lake Co only has 6 players because about 6 of them play football.Three starters are on the football team.I also heard Stetson Swift,who is another stster wont be there today either because he mother is getting maried..Not sure about him..just what I was told..anyway..Boys game could get ugly.!Hopefully not.