7 germantown

8 white sation

white station at whitehaven

wooddale at arlington

collierville at dickson

germantown at brighton

missed

rhea co, houston, cordova and siegel

Hope this is true. I would like to see Smyrna play someone in the first round that we haven't played in the regular season. Even though we will probably play them in the second round, just my thoughts. Go Dawgs!!

Hope this is true. I would like to see Smyrna play someone in the first round that we haven't played in the regular season. Even though we will probably play them in the second round, just my thoughts. Go Dawgs!!

Unless something in tiebreaker 5 changed tonight, Franklin is still ahead of Overton in the above prediction...

I have a feeling that all teams that end up in quad 3 are going to feel screwed.

It's not the getting screwed, I know why they are doing it. BUT it's because they tell us it's about geography when we'll be able to look and tell if it is or not. If it's about money, that's fine, tell me it's about money. If it's about balancing the quads, tell me it's about balancing the quads, but don't go putting teams in areas that aren't geographically logical and tell me it's about geography!

Very much so, look at the TSSAA Maps, Oakland is farther East than Riverdale! (http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/maps6A.cfm) and Blackman is WAY farther West than either one. Nobody is talking about why is Riverdale East, so if RHS is OHS should be too. BUT one 8 win team must go west, looks like it will be OHS or BHS, when to balance the Quads, it should be RHS if they were wanting to finagle the system. If you look at that map, it really makes no sense for Mt. Juliet to be in Quad 2, and that's not just because I am from Murfreesboro, just look at the dots. Smyrna is farther East than Mt. Juliet is.

It's logical...but MJ was an east team a year ago (as was Oakland)...actually, I like your bracket better on the new thread you just put up.

It's logical...but MJ was an east team a year ago (as was Oakland)...actually, I like your bracket better on the new thread you just put up.

Yes, but most likely MJHS was the last team to go East. There were more teams west of here qualifying for the playoffs last year. And yes, amazing I can place the 32 teams in pretty fair quads in about 4 minutes and it will take TSSAA 12 more hours to make a less fair bracket.

Yes, but most likely MJHS was the last team to go East. There were more teams west of here qualifying for the playoffs last year. And yes, amazing I can place the 32 teams in pretty fair quads in about 4 minutes and it will take TSSAA 12 more hours to make a less fair bracket.

Less fair, but more $ (although your brackets have some good gates ). Don't forget in all this, TSSAA gets a 25% cut off the top on gate receipts.

quad 1

1 dobyns-bennett

2 maryville

3 sevier co

4 bearden

5 hardin valley

6 farragut

7 science hill

8 jefferson co

jefferson co at D-B

hardin at bearden

farragut at sevier co

science hill at maryville

quad 2

1 blackman

2 bradley

3 riverdale

4 oakridge

5 soddy daisy

6 cookeville

7 franklin co

8 coffee co

coffee co at blackman

soddy daisy at oak ridge

cookeville at riverville

franklin co at bradley

quad 3

1 smyrna

2 oakland

3 mt juliet

4 mcgavock

5 overton

6 franklin

7 brentwood

8 lincoln co

lincoln co at smyrna

overton at mcgavock

franklin at mt juliet

brentwood at oakland

quad 4

1 white haven

2 brighton

3 dickson co

4 arlington

5 wooddale

6 collierville

7 germantown

8 white sation

white station at whitehaven

wooddale at arlington

collierville at dickson

germantown at brighton

missed

rhea co, houston, cordova and siegel

I think Quad 1 will be as you state above and Quad 2 (unless they really split out DB and Maryville into different quads to be #1 seed in each) will look like this:

Quad 2

1 Blackman

2 Bradley Central

3 Riverdale

4 Soddy D

5 Cookeville

6 Oak Ridge

7 Lincolin Cty

8 Franklin Cty

Less fair, but more $ (although your brackets have some good gates ). Don't forget in all this, TSSAA gets a 25% cut off the top on gate receipts.

25% are you crazy, try 50% What's funny is, if TSSAA hadn't split up the classes for playoffs and taken 64 teams (like they already are) they would have created 3 more playoff games than they already have! = more $$$

I think Quad 1 will be as you state above and Quad 2 (unless they really split out DB and Maryville into different quads to be #1 seed in each) will look like this:

Quad 2

1 Blackman

2 Bradley Central

3 Riverdale

4 Soddy D

5 Cookeville

6 Oak Ridge

7 Lincolin Cty

8 Franklin Cty

I really dont see how Lincolin County can go East, and not in the place of Coffee Co, that's for sure. If Lincolin County goes east it will be in the place of Blackman most likely, or Riverdale. And they will not split Maryville and DB I do not think.

25% are you crazy, try 50% What's funny is, if TSSAA hadn't split up the classes for playoffs and taken 64 teams (like they already are) they would have created 3 more playoff games than they already have! = more $$$

I really dont see how Lincolin County can go East, and not in the place of Coffee Co, that's for sure. If Lincolin County goes east it will be in the place of Blackman most likely, or Riverdale. And they will not split Maryville and DB I do not think.

:thumb: How does Franklin County make it when Rhea County won? :thumb:

If the TSSAA is planning to scrap the playoff system after this year they may well make some tweaks to balance the quads. However, if the syatem is going to remain in place they have to just let the chips fall where they may.

I don't understand their application of 'geography' but it needs to be applied consistently. The only thing that I can guess is that distances are measured based on the nearest interstate access, or something like that.

Riverdale and Lincoln County were in Quad 2 last week. Riverdale has consistently been in Quad 2. I really like Kreager's bracket that he has up on dnj.com. Of course, as a Riverdale fan why wouldn't I. That bracket will probably be what is released if TSSAA remains consistent in how they align the quads.

I do think the TSSAA should provide a public explanation of how they are applying 'geography'.

Maybe just two quads would be better.