6A playoff brackets

my2cents

Yes, 46 times is a small sampling. Also, it is not unheard of to get extreme results, due to small samplings.

So you would feel comfortable with Arlington's opponent getting to pick heads everytime this coin was tossed to begin a game or overtime, knowing the results of those 46 trials? LOL

Edited by randymc

I do, but I don't think you do. From under conditions: Nuisance parameters should be known, or estimated with high accuracy (an example of a nuisance parameter would be the standard deviation in a one-sample location test). Z-tests focus on a single parameter, and treat all other unknown parameters as being fixed at their true values. In practice, due to Slutsky's theorem, "plugging in" consistent estimates of nuisance parameters can be justified. However if the sample size is not large enough for these estimates to be reasonably accurate, the Z-test may not perform well.

The test statistic should follow a normal distribution. Generally, one appeals to the central limit theorem to justify assuming that a test statistic varies normally. There is a great deal of statistical research on the question of when a test statistic varies approximately normally. If the variation of the test statistic is strongly non-normal, a Z-test should not be used.

And what reason would you believe the variation of the test statistic in this hypothetical would be STRONGLY non-normal?

But you HAVE watched enough basketball to have the opinion that Memphis plays the best basketball in the state, otherwise you would have posted the same answer you posted about football? You earlier stated "Memphis would be my opinion" when asked where the best basketball in the state was played year in and year out, but your post above says you haven't watched enough football across the state to know where the best football was played year in and year out. Why can't we infer that you have seen enough basketball across the state to have that opinion?

I also qualified that. I would not post that in a forum to be arrogant. but the same applies, if someone wanted an informed opinion, I would say the same statement as I posted about football. I can't get that kind of information from a poll or a phone call, I would have to see it.

I also qualified that. I would not post that in a forum to be arrogant. but the same applies, if someone wanted an informed opinion, I would say the same statement as I posted about football. I can't get that kind of information from a poll or a phone call, I would have to see it.

You said it was your opinion. You said "Memphis would be my "opinion", but I wouldn't follow that with "the middle doesn't want the west to play in their bracket". That is a assumption of dominance and arrogant." You didn't say you wouldn't post your opnion in a forum. I'll let you read what you did say. You said, your opinion was that Memphis played the best basketball in the state year in and year out. And didn't think twice about not seeing other teams across TN when asked that question. Goodnight, finally done with my other task and can log off here.

Why have you not responded to this post?

"The middle does have an advantage. You cry because you have just SOME of your teams are in the same Quad...How would you feel about all of them in the Quad?(meaning all of middle TN) How many middle vs. middle title games would you have then? You need to go back and actually reread your posts and my replies. I think you have been missing or forgetting some or parts of them."

Still waiting???

Edited by onefortheteam

I bolded the wrong sentence, I meant the last line of the 1st paragraph.

And I gave a very very simple rule of thumb that statisticians use, but you don't like it. I'll make sure to send that coin to the boys calling your game friday night. Good luck, HOPEFULLY we'll get to play yall and see who's better.

Actually, this is the 1st year that we have NOT had all of our District 7 teams (old redion 4) in the same Quad. We've never liked it, having to beat all the teams you already beat. The fact of the matter is that the teams in Quad 3 have only lost 7 combined games to teams not in Quad 3! And if you are talking about middle vs. middle, quad 3 is always middle vs middle, quad 2 is typically 2 or 3 east teams and 5 or 6 middle teams. I saw somewhere in a post in another thread that you have been watching high school football for 10 years. Please do some research. Every year we have more middle vs. middle games than West vs. West. Show me a year where we didn't? Last year I think there were 17 middle TN teams in the playoffs, forcing Independence into Quad 4. I am sure you will not like this reply, but they are facts.

Do you not read? You'll be waiting a long time if you don't READ and look for replies to your questions.

Edited by randymc

You did not answer the questions?

Also:

And if you had to answer the same question "Year in and year out the best basketball in the state of TN is played where?"

Memphis would be my "opinion", but I wouldn't follow that with "the middle doesn't want the west to play in their bracket". That is a assumption of dominance and arrogant.

You said if I had to answer, and the quotes indicate my dislike of the question.

You did not answer the questions?

Also:

And if you had to answer the same question "Year in and year out the best basketball in the state of TN is played where?"

Memphis would be my "opinion", but I wouldn't follow that with "the middle doesn't want the west to play in their bracket". That is a assumption of dominance and arrogant.

You said if I had to answer, and the quotes indicate my dislike of the question.

OK, whatever, what question have I not answered. I answered your question with facts about years past. If you mean about all of middle TN put in one quad, it's a dumb question because there are always slightly less than half the teams that qualify for the playoffs that come from middle TN, so putting them in one 8 team quad would be impossible.

Edited by randymc