6A playoff brackets

my2cents

You listed some teams we didn't want in our quad, then went into a rant about some post where you reseeded to make you happy. You go back and look it up. It's there.

PLEASE quote where I listed teams you didn't want in your quad, i'll be waiting.

And I didn't reseed them to make me happy, I just played around with it to see what the brackets would look like if you seeded 1st then grouped geographically.

I am glad you decided to give up the statistics argument though. :thumb:

Edited by randymc

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont try to talk to me about statistics. I fully understand that, but there are statistical measures to measure how far off from the expected the observed results are and how confident we can be that the results are due to randomness or whether it is highly unlikely to see certain results (please google t-test, z-test, and inferential statistics) And if you are talking basic statistics, this year it is skewed to the East, no?

Yeah, I should learn not to question you, right? Something tells me that 46 times might not be a large enough sampling to draw a conclusion, but hey whatever. You won't concede that either.

Edited by onefortheteam

You have no logic. In no seeded tournament should the best teams have to knock off each other first, now you may differ about who you think they best teams are, but that's the WHOLE POINT OF SEEDING is to separate the best teams. That's what it's for. How would my logic claim Whitehaven could have won the title? BTW, did you know District 7AAA was ranked as one of the top 10 in the USA? Probably not, but I am sure you do not care.

Just pointing out history. Which you seem to not care for, unless it's the most recent champion....so just wait another month. Please go on the record, who is your team?

Quad 4 doesn't want Brentwood, Franklin, Overton and McGavock.....and really it should be 2, 4, 6, and 8 if you wanted it to be fair, but nobody in the TSSAA office wants the tournament to be fair, that's obvious

I bolded it for you. Still want to talk about that track record. :unsure:

Now see, I didn't say that, please stop thinking and start reading. I said the coach laughed, as in laughed when asked if he wanted to play a home and home against Oakland. Not implied fear, but maybe it's the fact that most coaches under this playoff formula would not want to schedule tough competition. It's a by-product of the current playoff system. I know another middle and a Chattanooga area coach that responded the same way, so the West TN coach isn't alone.

You say and then say you don't say alot of things. It is there too. You need to actually read the posts.

[/b]

I bolded it for you. Still want to talk about that track record. :unsure:

This was in response to your suggestion of dividing out the bottom four teams from the quads and putting them in other quads, but I guess I can't deny saying it, and it probably wasn't accurate, I am sure they wouldn't mind those, being the bottom 4 teams in Quad 3, and, BTW none of them are "my teams"

You are not being reasonable, the system is skewed. It does NOT mean the middle is not good. It means they have an advantage. Period.

I have told you about the statistics and how there are ways to determine if results from observed data is a result of chance or randomness, or whether there are other factors involved, I will leave it to you to calculate the results. But I think you would agree that under the current playoff format one would expect 50% of the finalists to be from middle, TN no?

You are not being reasonable, the system is skewed. It does NOT mean the middle is not good. It means they have an advantage. Period.

One more question before I call it a night, where, in your opinion, is the best football (at the highest classification) in the state of TN played year in and year out?

I have told you about the statistics and how there are ways to determine if results from observed data is a result of chance or randomness, or whether there are other factors involved, I will leave it to you to calculate the results. But I think you would agree that under the current playoff format one would expect 50% of the finalists to be from middle, TN no?

No! That is not correct, and you know this. The result does not change the expected result, you have to have large samplings...way more the 46 times.

Why have you not responded to this post?

"The middle does have an advantage. You cry because you have just SOME of your teams in the same Quad...How would you feel about all of them in the Quad?(meaning all of middle TN) How many middle vs. middle games would you have then? You need to go back and actually reread your posts and my replies. I think you have been missing or forgetting some or parts of them."

Still waiting???

Why have you not responded to this post?

"The middle does have an advantage. You cry because you have just SOME of your teams in the same Quad...How would you feel about all of them in the Quad?(meaning all of middle TN) How many middle vs. middle games would you have then? You need to go back and actually reread your posts and my replies. I think you have been missing or forgetting some or parts of them."

Still waiting???

Actually, this is the 1st year that we have NOT had all of our District 7 teams (old redion 4) in the same Quad. We've never liked it, having to beat all the teams you already beat. The fact of the matter is that the teams in Quad 3 have only lost 7 combined games to teams not in Quad 3! And if you are talking about middle vs. middle, quad 3 is always middle vs middle, quad 2 is typically 2 or 3 east teams and 5 or 6 middle teams. I saw somewhere in a post in another thread that you have been watching high school football for 10 years. Please do some research. Every year we have more middle vs. middle games than West vs. West. Show me a year where we didn't? Last year I think there were 17 middle TN teams in the playoffs, forcing Independence into Quad 4. I am sure you will not like this reply, but they are facts.