East Literature Magnet & Smith County

Antwan

After they ran the opening kickoff back, I said "Ive seen this scenario before". If you recall, York ran the opener back last year. SC took the lead until the late long pass and...well, you know the rest. As CPA pointed out, blown coverage on Nuss (I believe) allowed him to get us to the 5 and set up the winning kick. Ain't karma great!

Great game. Two outstanding teams. Hats off to #42, good lookin ball player; size and speed! Also # 3, fast,fast, fast! Nice start to the playoffs, keep it rolling, boys...!

Weeellll,,, folks if ya missed this game,,,, well then YOU MISSED THE GAME!!! Nail-biter all the way to the end... Way to go OWLS!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! See yall next Fri night at the "HOLE"...oooowwwwwwwwwooooooooooo!!! :rolleyes:

This game reminds me of a boxing match. One fighter is big, strong, extremely fast hands and feet and can throw the knockout punch at any time. The other fighter is not as fast, rugged and can take a punch, but has not faced a fighter as quick and fast as the first fighter in a long time. In the first round the first fighter throws what looks like a knockout punch (opening kickoff). #2 fighter shrugs off the punch after stagering a little. #1 finds another opening (2nd kickofff return) and delivers a tremendous right cross to the chin and it looks as if #2 is going to go down. #2 again shrugs off the crunching punch, looks as if he is going to the mat, but doesn't. In the later rounds, #2 starts landing punches and scores some points and actually evens the score on the scorecard. Another punch by #1 and it looks by all accounts that #1 has finally put #2 away, but #2 won't give up. In the last round with only 20 seconds left in the fight, #2 makes a comeback that can't be described in words, only if you saw the fight will you understand what occured. #2 throws a combination that sent #1 reeling to the mat and stayed on the mat and wasn't saved by the bell. #2 stayed alive to face his next challenger that is just as good or maybe beter than the fighter he just beat. Congratulations Owls on a GREAT fight !!

You may be right, but I don't think so. They called two on the previous EL possession, then EL called one after the long pass, but then SC ran a play for 2 yards and didn't score. I believe they called the last one then before running the penalty play.

If I am wrong, I apologize to the coaches for the criticism, but if I am right, the run play call was too risky when you are already in FG range. Things worked out, but that doesn't make it a good call.

To have good athletes, EL is the worst coached defensive backfield team I have ever seen. Scurlock and the receivers had a great game and I am not discounting that. They would have had some yards against a good pass defense, but EL's corners and safeties couldn't cover, at all. Two of the TD's were total blown coverages where the EL defenders did not even know where receiver was.

Maybe Maynord should just call up East Lit and concede the victory since we apparently didn't earn it.

:excl:

Great game to watch and congrats to the Owls who win to fight another day.

Props and Nots:

Props:

1. SC hung tough in the 1st half and adjusted well in the 2nd to hold EL to 7 points, after getting shell shocked by speed they had yet to see all year.

2. Scurlock threw some really nice passes right on the money and, I believe, set a SC single game passing yardage record.

3. The SC defense shut down the EL run game to the outside, which was critical to minimize their speed.

4. Really clutch winning kick by the SC kicker under the circumstances to win the game.

5. Great stop on two plays by SC defense when EL had 3rd and 2 and 4th and 3 trying to run the clock out. A real gut check by SC defense to get the ball back with a chance to win the game.

6. On a personal note, my grandson had a really good game.

Nots:

1. SC's decision to run the ball with 23 seconds to go on the 3 YL and no timeouts was DUMB! They were lucky that they got a penalty. Without a penalty and the run stuffed, they either don't get the FG off or have to rush so much, they probably miss. What was Maynord thinking? The SC penalty bailed him out.

2. How can the EL defender let the SC receiver get behind him for a long reception with less than a minute to go and no timeouts? That was the only thing you cannot allow happen. Good throw by Scurlock, but VERY BAD mistake by the El defender and it bailed SC out.

3. On SC's last TD, the EL coaches rushed a sub out on the field to cover SC's best receiver and moved #10 to the opposite side. The sub barely got his chinstrap buckled when the SC receiver ran by him and caught a long TD pass.

Good luck to the OWLS next week. I'll be there.

32 seonds left before final play.

Great game to watch. I saw the Cannon Co. bunch. Thanks for the support guys,ya'll are welcome anytime.

#42 and #3 are great football players for E.L..And from everything I seen EL seemed

to be a well coached and classy team.

Hunter Hackett, I'm proud of you, great,great ball game. When you are old and gray, you'll still remember this game. Gage made plays and got the ball where it needed to be. Nuss and Edgell made plays when it counted. Defense stepped up and made the BIG play to give the offense a chance. And last, but not least, Adam Johnson with ice water in his veins, made the kick. Just like his dad standing over a 5 foot putt.

The speed was a huge factor in this game. We were a step behind on getting where we needed to be,and getting the angles to make the plays. SC finally adjusted. This game should help get ready for a simular PC team.

The one thing I'm disappointed in, there were times when you could hear a pin drop. The crowd was a little reserved with the exception of the bunch around the 40yd line. We got to pick up up a notch.

Thanks "turdmite" congrats to SC on a great game, represent our region well!! :thumb: by the way "Termite" nice to finally meet you! :roflol:

Guest Termite

Thanks "turdmite" congrats to SC on a great game, represent our region well!! :thumb: by the way "Termite" nice to finally meet you! :roflol:

I keep telling everybody, Termite is not who most think he is. There's maybe 3 that have a good idea, but even they ain't for sure. There is a couple of fellers that catch a lot on BLAME or CREDIT for Termite. You may have met one of the imposters but I (Termite) never spoke to anyone from CC last night.I sat close enough to ya'll that I was worried about the flag poles though. I am glad ya'll came and hope ya'll come back again. You have to admit,whether you like SC or not...they are fun to watch in the Hole. PC will be as tough or tougher than EL.

If I knew who you was, I MIGHT have introduced myself. Well, on second though. probably not......