Official 6A Playoff Bracket

randymc

the 2 'jokes' of the tssaa 6a playoff ....masterbrained idea

1. the fact that Bradley Central is a 1 seed

2. Riverdale in same bracket as 2 seed while 2 other teams from their district are seeded lower in their quad despite beating riverdale. who let this happen?

...really? :mellow:

im an ooltewah guy and bradley is in our district....but

they are not a 1 seed....

the last joke of the bracket is a 1st round game between Franklin and Oakland

RANDY...I know oakland is ready to play anybody...but you all have to feel robbed with this??????

I am HONESTLY mad for everyone in Quad 3 actually.

Well first let me say congratulations to all the teams that made the playoffs. Second I'm so thankful that Lincoln County is in Quad 2. Third I think that District 7 got the shaft. Quad 3 is tough from top to bottom.

Good luck to all the teams and praying that the TSSAA takes a good, long, hard look at these brackets.

GO FALCONS!!!!

From the Nashville Tennessean Today

"Last year, in the first season of the new playoff system, once teams were placed in a quadrants they were seeded according to how they finished in their district. But a committee of coachesdecided during the offseason that this year teams would be seeded based on overall wins"

Nice job guys..whoever you are :popcorneater:

Edited by Hoganknows

"Last year, in the first season of the new playoff system, once teams were placed in a quadrants they were seeded according to how they finished in their district. But a committee of coachesdecided during the offseason that this year teams would be seeded based on overall wins"

Who were those coaches and are any of them playing in quad 3.

This sounds almost like it was a set-up. Was this done before or after coaches set their schedule? If it was after; then teams get screwed for having played an aggressive schedule to prepare you for the playoffs. If it was before; I see now why some schools couldn't get anyone to fill in their out of district schedule; I mean, if you get rewarded for playing Vanderbilt, why schedule Alabama?

Wonder how many of the coaches who voted for this catastrophe, actually didn't make the playoffs?

Childress said in Tennessean (http://www.highschoo...ayoffs-remains/) that they took Riverdale into Quad 2 because they were closer to the other 7 schools than any other Rutherford Co Team. Did he do the same thing for Lincoln Co? No way.

Lincoln Co High School is 135 miles from Cookeville, 27.3 miles from Franklin Co, 34.3 miles from Coffee Co, 94.7 miles from Bradley Co, 78.9 miles from Soddy-Daisy 207 miles from Oak Ridge and 51.8 miles from Riverdale. Total of 629 miles.

Now Oakland is 57.8 miles from Cookeville, 50.2 miles from Franklin Co, 33.3 miles from Coffee Co, 93.8 miles from Bradley Co, 79.7 miles from Soddy-Daisy, 157 miles from Oak Ridge and 6.9 miles from Riverdale for a total of 478.7 miles.

Mr. Childress might say things like this in the Tennessean and not expect people like me to check his numbers, but I have. I am sure there MUST be some other explanation.

Let's look at Lincoln Co's distance from the teams in Quad 3 excluding Oakland. 56.9 miles from Smyrna, 50.3 miles from Blackman, 84 miles from Overton, 85.8 miles from McGavock, 80.5 miles from Brentwood, 75 miles from Mt. Juliet and 63.6 miles from Franklin. For a total of 496.1 miles. So the explanation is not there either.

So not only is the TSSAA map different from mine, so is their calculator. Some how in the office 629 < 478.7 and 629 < 496.1 Probably should have put that quote in the paper about picking RHS for that reason.

Edited by randymc

To me, the problem isn't seeding by overall wins, the problem is not balancing out the quads and making it as even as they could. You could balance the quads much more by moving a couple of the higher seeded teams to quad 2 and the weaker seeded teams in quad 2 to quad 3. It would not be that hard to do that and it wouldn't require much more (maybe no more) travel. So why didn't the TSSAA do this?

The coaches committee formed was suppose to try to fix this playoff mess..they only made it worst..maybe some will come on coacht and tell us their thinking about head to head meaning nothing or district champ meaning nothing and win/loss record meaning everything...what a crock. Just ask Brentwood right now :popcorneater:

I'll bet Brentwood wouldn't have a problem if the quads were balanced out because then they wouldn't be playing who they are now.

The coaches committee formed was suppose to try to fix this playoff mess..they only made it worst..maybe some will come on coacht and tell us their thinking about head to head meaning nothing or district champ meaning nothing and win/loss record meaning everything...what a crock. Just ask Brentwood right now :popcorneater:

im going to respectfully disagree with you...under LAST YEARS format RIVERDALE nor oakland make the playoffs we are sitting at home while teams with a losing record gets in...ALSO last year you had a team that was 1-9 get in...I think the coaches FIXED the problem as well as they could under the stupid Z plan that was put into place it is the BOARD of principals of TSSAA that has done this TSSAA is just following the format that was given to themby the board if you dont liek it find out who your board member is and tell them how you feel THEY are the ones that can change things...