Official 6A Playoff Bracket

randymc

im going to respectfully disagree with you...under LAST YEARS format RIVERDALE nor oakland make the playoffs we are sitting at home while teams with a losing record gets in...ALSO last year you had a team that was 1-9 get in...I think the coaches FIXED the problem as well as they could under the stupid Z plan that was put into place it is the BOARD of principals of TSSAA that has done this TSSAA is just following the format that was given to themby the board if you dont liek it find out who your board member is and tell them how you feel THEY are the ones that can change things...

OHS and RHS would have both been in last year, they had enough overall wins. There were wildcard teams last year too. I would say they fixed THAT problem, not THE problem.

Hogan is saying head to head and district champs or what district your in means nothing this year in the new playoff fix which was overseen by the coaches committee and approved by the board....its all about how many games you win no matter who you play and your place on the Tennessee map...now if you think that is a good playoff fix, more power to ya. :popcorneater:

It's not in 6A but there is a 4A school in west TN that won their district and got seeded #2 behind a team they had the same record as and beat by 2 touchdowns.

I've spent most of my time looking at 6A but I reckon' that we would find the biggest problems in 2A,4A, and 6A. The reason this is is districts are formed with smaller schools mixed with larger schools. I have been screaming since week 7 of the season that we could see in 6A that a Dickson Co. and Brighton were going to be high seeds in 6A and they were not even playing 6A teams. (one for each of them to be exact). This is were the balance is not correct.

first off we have way too many classes for our state. 8 classes (8 state champs) heck are we the state of Texas? NO! We are the state of Tennessee and we are lead by the might dollar of the T$$AA and the more playoff games the more$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them!!

Secondly, if we are going to have districts mixed with different classes then a point system should be in effect where wins vs. lower classes are not worth as much as wins over higher or the same size classes. Losses to higher classes do not hurt as much as losses to lower classes. District Champs should be seeded first then follow with who has the highest points. If we are not going to honor a district champ as a higher seed then we should not put all of the schools into districts. Just list them all 1 to whatever and play.

Lastly, we have the teams that are in and lets just move on and play. The good teams will come out of this.

As long as we have mixed classes in districts, I don't see district champs having much weight. If there comes a day that they do, a whole other can of worms is opened by how many 5A or 6A teams are in their district and should they deserve a higher seed than someone else because of that fact.

District Champs should be seeded first then follow with who has the highest points. If we are not going to honor a district champ as a higher seed then we should not put all of the schools into districts. Just list them all 1 to whatever and play.

I Totally Agree :thumb:

I agree as well, District Champs should have its rewards by being seeded first, but they need to get rid of the mixing of the 5A and 6A in the same district. It's not right for a 6A team in a district with just two 6A teams when they play four 5A teams and win the district thus getting a high seed, just like it's not fair for a 5A team to have to play in a district with four 6A teams and not make the playoffs at all. No offense to either class, but if their going to be broken down into classes for the playoffs, why penalize or for that fact reward teams in mixed districts? Know what I mean?

OHS and RHS would have both been in last year, they had enough overall wins. There were wildcard teams last year too. I would say they fixed THAT problem, not THE problem.

i do not know nor do i understand this playoff system...and i forget where i heard it from but it was a knowledgable source i am sorry that they were wrong why didnt smyrna get in last year then would they have gotten with this years playoff scenario also it did at least fix the 1-9 team getting in didnt it?

Can someone explain to me why the old playoff system was taken out and this new garbage system was brought in? I played in 5A from 2001-2004 and everything worked perfectly...

Someone can probably give you a better explanation but this is what I remember:

MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ uh . . geography, drive time to games, I'm about to retire, the current system is too easy to understand MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$

Someone can probably give you a better explanation but this is what I remember:

MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ uh . . geography, drive time to games, I'm about to retire, the current system is too easy to understand MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$ MONEY money Money $$$$$

It was always about the money. never saw a problem with drive time to games, until the Semis anyway. Even for the schools that did have to travel for the games, at least they deserved the game they were put in. It makes zero sense at all that district champions are 6 7 and 8 seeds. Teams were rewarded this year for playing cup cake games.

It was always about the money. never saw a problem with drive time to games, until the Semis anyway. Even for the schools that did have to travel for the games, at least they deserved the game they were put in. It makes zero sense at all that district champions are 6 7 and 8 seeds. Teams were rewarded this year for playing cup cake games.

So does Coffee county deserve a #1 seed? They are officially district champions as they have the same district record as Cookeville and beat them head to head.

So does Coffee county deserve a #1 seed? They are officially district champions as they have the same district record as Cookeville and beat them head to head.

I never said District Champs deserved a 1 seed.... I also do not think though that they deserve to be seeded at the bottom of the barrell. Does Brentwood deserve an 8 seed after winning District 11 and beating Franklin in the last week of the season to only see Franklin get a 6 seed?

The bottom line is the new system is flawed in every way and no team can justify that it has been done properly.