Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Ah...classic Comp ! Football prose to rival the greatest of American literature...working on mysteries without any clues, working on some night moves...Friday night, night moves....can flowers bloom in November? Has the master mechanic found the tools to tune the engine or do we red-line till we blow? Batman looks for Robin while Flash reminds he is the unlikely source. Major Tom to ground control: 42s no longer spinning, Coop is still open and the D lineman is trading Whoppers for chicken clubs with feathers...and Coach Haynie has a fortune cookie...it says " kick-off coverage lookie betta, enjoy trip to Knoxvegas"

Craw, much wisdom in that fortune cookie.

About Hayden being all South has, I know someone said that on here and we know that is not true. I think South has a lot of talented players on both sides of the ball. South's defense has played well against several good teams such as DB and Greenville holding them to 21 and 35 when they have been blowing others teams out. Most people look at South and see Haden so important that without him how could they win like they have.

Let's say Haden was to get sick and have to miss Boone game (God forbid that he does for Haden's sake and Boones's because we don't want any excuses if we win) what would you say South's chance of winning would be?

Don't want to scare you, but Heath was sick and had 103 degree fever last week against TN High.

Don't want to scare you, but Heath was sick and had 103 degree fever last week against TN High.

In my opinion I see Haden as MVP of the Big Eight. All others teams have several play makers and excellent talent, but without Haden I don't see South in the playoffs. I'm sure there are excellent QBs coming up (at South), but he is a dominant player and has led South all year. Like I said earlier, if Haden does not play, the TH game then I believe South would have not come back to win. Haden is not the whole team, but he is the key player whereas Boone has several that has stepped up at different times.

I hope Haden is feeling better and look forward to a great game. May the best team win and go on represent the Big 8 and East Tennessee well.

Edited by Booneman

HH is to south what lebron was to the cleveland cavaliers. hes a great player but he also makes everyone step up their game and play to their full potential on every play. thats whats scary about south. HH is definitely the conference mvp. that being said i expect this to be one of the best games of round 1. boone has been waiting for the chance to beat south and south doesnt want their win streak to end. right now neither team can stand the other. both teams are clicking right now and neither is expecting the same type of game that happened earlier this year. both teams have gotten better and grown. its gonna be a hard hitting fast paced game.

In my opinion I see Haden as MVP of the Big Eight. All others teams have several play makers and excellent talent, but without Haden I don't see South in the playoffs. I'm sure there are excellent QBs coming up (at South), but he is a dominant player and has led South all year. Like I said earlier, if Haden does not play, the TH game then I believe South would have not come back to win. Haden is not the whole team, but he is the key player whereas Boone has several that has stepped up at different times.

I hope Haden is feeling better and look forward to a great game. May the best team win and go on represent the Big 8 and East Tennessee well.

South would be in no more trouble without Haden than Boone would be without the little running back you have… #21 I believe. As long as we’re being frank… he’s your only legitimate threat… and his run threat opens up allot for Boones offense. Without him teams would simple put the wide-outs in double coverage and shut you down. I’m just sayin… why are you making such a big deal to point out Haden being Souths only player. Give it a break already. I’m sure you’ll hear his name plenty come game time because you know it’s coming… but so did everybody else. ;)

South would be in no more trouble without Haden than Boone would be without the little running back you have… #21 I believe. As long as we’re being frank… he’s your only legitimate threat… and his run threat opens up allot for Boones offense. Without him teams would simple put the wide-outs in double coverage and shut you down. I’m just sayin… why are you making such a big deal to point out Haden being Souths only player. Give it a break already. I’m sure you’ll hear his name plenty come game time because you know it’s coming… but so did everybody else. ;)

You are crazy! Boone has multiple threats on offense. #23 #26 #20 #5 can all run the ball down ur throat #20 and #5 have the speed and #23 and #26 have the power. You also have #11 that comes in and runs some and is pretty effective. #10 and #16 both can sling the ball down the field and #16 will kill ya on the option. #9 #14 #83 are all legitimate options in the passing the game. They can catch the ball and gain yards after the catch. The success of these players is all credit to the line. Cap you for one should kno that our running game is not the only thing we have....TH stopped our running game the first couple of series and we went to the air completing big passes. Looks to me like you would be on your own thread worrying about the whoopin that West is fixin to lay on ya. I like to see the big 8 succeed but after the showing yall had last week all I can say is good luck.

• Upvote 1

You are crazy! Boone has multiple threats on offense. #23 #26 #20 #5 can all run the ball down ur throat #20 and #5 have the speed and #23 and #26 have the power. You also have #11 that comes in and runs some and is pretty effective. #10 and #16 both can sling the ball down the field and #16 will kill ya on the option. #9 #14 #83 are all legitimate options in the passing the game. They can catch the ball and gain yards after the catch. The success of these players is all credit to the line. Cap you for one should kno that our running game is not the only thing we have....TH stopped our running game the first couple of series and we went to the air completing big passes. Looks to me like you would be on your own thread worrying about the whoopin that West is fixin to lay on ya. I like to see the big 8 succeed but after the showing yall had last week all I can say is good luck.

Dang Right, trialblazer, I must admit after loosing Shropshire i was afraid that our backs this season were not going to be able to run the ball effectively however they have proven themselves this year, this is the most complete team i have ever seen Boone have. Some people look at Boone and don't really see anyone standing out as a star player, but that is mainly attributable to the fact that Boone has so many options that nobody has to carry the load themselves. but don't worry about that cap, he knows how good Boone is he just doesn't want to admit it.

• Upvote 1