Knox West vs Tennessee High 1st Round

THSVikings2004

Runninrebels "meant to be" statement was referring to what happened at West last year in game one and the connection the two schools have developed because of that tragedy.

One thing is for sure. Win or lose, these two schools will never just play a game. Compete they will, and all Hades will be let loose, but in the end they will always be brothers with a love for what matters most.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you were not around for last years playoffs or you would have already known their is no such thing as meant to be around here when it comes to the playoffs. I really do hate to mention it again but #1 team in the state got took out in the second round. I do hope that the South and West teams have this same mentality as you cause i know that TN High and Boone are both gonna be up for this Friday Night. Believe me i would be as shocked as anyone at a TN High win, but they do have some tricks up their sleeve. Does anyone know who will be the Quarterback for TN High Friday. I think that they stuck with number 12 against South? May West get to see #8?

Coach Stubbs could make it a whole lot easier on himself as well as give the Vikings a better chance in this match-up if he swallows his pride and STARTS #8. I have another adjustment that could also help. Our FS/CB #10 has made at least three spectacular one handed interceptions (which is probably more that any Viking WR other than Downs has caught all year) and is faster than any of the WR we currently have running routes. Why not play him on both sides of the ball… even DB does it with Cannon. And with Downs not getting any more plays going to him than he does… let him play D. What are we saving him for?

Cap I was very impressed with the Vikings in the 1st quarter and in the 4th with a little over 4 minutes left with the quick scoring drive and recovery of the onside kick. If the Vikings could do that for 4 quarters they are unstoppable. It was like two different teams out there. Very great game. I hope they prove me wrong, but I think they are done.

Cap I was very impressed with the Vikings in the 1st quarter and in the 4th with a little over 4 minutes left with the quick scoring drive and recovery of the onside kick. If the Vikings could do that for 4 quarters they are unstoppable. It was like two different teams out there. Very great game. I hope they prove me wrong, but I think they are done.

Offensively if we could put together just enough of a passing game to keep defensive off balance they could be more productive. In the first quarter of the South game we were able utilize our running game, but South soon loaded the box and dared us to do something else and we were stuck… just like in the Boone game. The coaches don’t trust #12 to throw the ball down field more than an absolute have to situation, and when they do break down and throw the ball it’s always to the only receiver that they trust to catch the ball… and that’s Downs. How long do you think it takes an opponent to catch on to that? On defense they looked much improved (more physical with better pursuit) and in the first part of the game the coaching staff even threw in a couple different blitz looks and they were working to throw Haden off… but for some reason they went away form it before halftime and rarely (if at all) went back to it. That gave Haden enough time to sit back and pick his holes… therefore picking the defense apart. The biggest problem that we have with the QB option is that the inexperience of the MLB… they simple can’t find the ball quick enough to keep them from getting gashed from ear to ear every other play. If West has any speed at all coming out of the backfield we are doomed. Just seems like there are allot of simple football things that this group of kids just don’t know how to do like… we have no run support by the safeties, the OLB don’t have a clue in pass coverage and neither do the corners for the most part unless it’s just a normal route by the receiver. DEs probably can’t even spell contain and I don’t believe they have booked one sack this year. MY list could go on.

Cap, West can fly, speed is one thing they do have. Their main back is fast but not the fastest one, the backup is faster and he will see more time this week. If you have inexperienced linebackers and safeties that don't like to come up and bring it, ya'll could be in trouble. West runs the mid-line veer to perfection, it's their bread and butter. But they do alot of other things well also, they will run some spread option type stuff, speed option as well. The Rebels starting twenty two are big, fast and athletic. If West could reach their full potential they could make a deep run. That's what they struggle with, they are kind of up and down, inconsistant week to week. One week a slow start, then a good second half. The next week a fast start and a sleep walk through the second half.

Edited by ORidgeKat

Cap, West can fly, speed is one thing they do have. Their main back is fast but not the fastest one, the backup is faster and he will see more time this week. If you have inexperienced linebackers and safeties that don't like to come up and bring it, ya'll could be in trouble. West runs the mid-line veer to perfection, it's their bread and butter. But they do alot of other things well also, they will run some spread option type stuff, speed option as well. The Rebels starting twenty two are big, fast and athletic. If West could reach their full potential they could make a deep run. That's what they struggle with, they are kind of up and down, inconsistant week to week. One week a slow start, then a good second half. The next week a fast start and a sleep walk through the second half.

Sounds like trouble to me. How about the QB?

Cap, the qb is good, when he's playing well very good. He manages the game well. Christian Francis, he's the son of UT qb Jeff Francis. He's not a "take it to the house" running threat but makes good decisions on that mid-line veer option and runs effectively enough to keep the chains moving. They don't throw it that much maybe 10 times a game, it's play action and he's about 70%. So, he's a good player all around.

Cap, the qb is good, when he's playing well very good. He manages the game well. Christian Francis, he's the son of UT qb Jeff Francis. He's not a "take it to the house" running threat but makes good decisions on that mid-line veer option and runs effectively enough to keep the chains moving. They don't throw it that much maybe 10 times a game, it's play action and he's about 70%. So, he's a good player all around.

Without the threat of the option, THS could make a game of it for a little while if they make the QB adjustment on offense.