Knox West vs Tennessee High 1st Round

THSVikings2004

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West appears to be on a roll. I think they'll take this one.

West 35 THS 14

Work has kept me out of town quiet a bit this season. However, i did make it to two THS games. Got to see Greenville and South games. Could not really get a pulse on the as i team watched those games. Is it a lack of coaching, talent, or just what? Speaking with a gentleman in the stands and he was giving me some team information. He spoke highly of the two D1 guys. I checked them out pretty close at the South game. Again, I could not get a good pulse on them either. Also he spoke to several guys that ran 4.4 40 times. If these guys run 4.4 40's I would like to know who is working the clock. If it is one of the coaches working the clock....I get it!! I would estimate the fastest running back at 4.7 and that's pushing it. More so then that. It's obvious that THS has no idea how to stop the option. I was watching the Greenville game and after the first couple of plays you could see the kids had no idea where to go or what to do on defense....What's going on between the walls of the castle?

Work has kept me out of town quiet a bit this season. However, i did make it to two THS games. Got to see Greenville and South games. Could not really get a pulse on the as i team watched those games. Is it a lack of coaching, talent, or just what? Speaking with a gentleman in the stands and he was giving me some team information. He spoke highly of the two D1 guys. I checked them out pretty close at the South game. Again, I could not get a good pulse on them either. Also he spoke to several guys that ran 4.4 40 times. If these guys run 4.4 40's I would like to know who is working the clock. If it is one of the coaches working the clock....I get it!! I would estimate the fastest running back at 4.7 and that's pushing it. More so then that. It's obvious that THS has no idea how to stop the option. I was watching the Greenville game and after the first couple of plays you could see the kids had no idea where to go or what to do on defense....What's going on between the walls of the castle?

If you follow recruiting long enough you finally understand how it works. There are not enough walk ons to run the scout teams. Some (partial) scholarship money has to be spent on filling in slots. Then there are (sometimes partial and sometimes full) scholarships for potential players. Potential being a 1 or a 2 star (I think 3 stars is the threshhold of excitement). Then of course there are the 5 Star recruits. There are surprises in all categories both positive and negative. Bryce Brown and David Oku come to mind. The two Bristol recruits have the correct diminsions for their respective positions to produce potential success. I would say some of the best athletes are the ones who "grow" into their positions when in high school they were not really stars.

If you follow recruiting long enough you finally understand how it works. There are not enough walk ons to run the scout teams. Some (partial) scholarship money has to be spent on filling in slots. Then there are (sometimes partial and sometimes full) scholarships for potential players. Potential being a 1 or a 2 star (I think 3 stars is the threshhold of excitement). Then of course there are the 5 Star recruits. There are surprises in all categories both positive and negative. Bryce Brown and David Oku come to mind. The two Bristol recruits have the correct diminsions for their respective positions to produce potential success. I would say some of the best athletes are the ones who "grow" into their positions when in high school they were not really stars.

Thats good stuff Comp. I'm just trying to figure out if I want to watch THS anymore this season or jump on the band wagon with a team that would be more interesting (better fundamentals and game planning) to watch. The secondary play at THS is so bad it's beyond repair. Also, I'm trying to figure out why all of them 4.4 40 players from THS have a hard time catching the 4.7 40 players. I noticed at the South game, when the THS band finished playing most of the THS supporters left. However, the south supporters hung in there until the end. Thats awesome support for that program. Also, the THS sideline looked like they gave up when the going got tough....coaches,players and fans. I'm looking forward to watching the guys at UT next season. Looking for some good things from some local boys. By the way,and while we are talking about recruits, what ever happened to the Sheppard kid who played at THS last year.

I seen West early and thought they had all the tools but just needed to get the big guys in shape and coach the team up a little.If they have done that,it will be hard for anyone to stop them.

West is playing very good football here of late. Im not sure how many people know this but West's QB is the son of former UT QB Jeff Francis. This is a new season and anything can happen.

West has a trend with this because before Francis Jake Ryan, son of former UT QB Pat Ryan, was Qb. Ryan Francis will probably be the QB down the road in 2 years. He's a sophmore at safety right now. BTW West is light years ahead of their game with South earlier this year.

Everyone is light years ahead of their game in week 0.