Knox West vs Tennessee High 1st Round

THSVikings2004

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats good stuff Comp. I'm just trying to figure out if I want to watch THS anymore this season or jump on the band wagon with a team that would be more interesting (better fundamentals and game planning) to watch. The secondary play at THS is so bad it's beyond repair. Also, I'm trying to figure out why all of them 4.4 40 players from THS have a hard time catching the 4.7 40 players. I noticed at the South game, when the THS band finished playing most of the THS supporters left. However, the south supporters hung in there until the end. Thats awesome support for that program. Also, the THS sideline looked like they gave up when the going got tough....coaches,players and fans. I'm looking forward to watching the guys at UT next season. Looking for some good things from some local boys. By the way,and while we are talking about recruits, what ever happened to the Sheppard kid who played at THS last year.

Bristol is not the doormat IMOP. They do have athletes. What I see missing is number one, fan support. What happens in the stadium on Friday nights is also what happens at the supper table Monday thru Thursday. Number two, the coaching scheme is not very adaptable. And yes, number three, I saw a lack of leadership when the chips were down. That is incredible after the charge they opened up with. And lastly, and this is just my opinion, but people are out of position. The coach is to be in control of all of these facets. But the air at home directly affects leadership.

My Rebel kinship will disagree but we were outmatched in places. But a superior attitude at home and on the field will eat 4.4 speed for lunch. You need look no further than Maryville for this example.

Bristol is not the doormat IMOP. They do have athletes. What I see missing is number one, fan support. What happens in the stadium on Friday nights is also what happens at the supper table Monday thru Thursday. Number two, the coaching scheme is not very adaptable. And yes, number three, I saw a lack of leadership when the chips were down. That is incredible after the charge they opened up with. And lastly, and this is just my opinion, but people are out of position. The coach is to be in control of all of these facets. But the air at home directly affects leadership.

My Rebel kinship will disagree but we were outmatched in places. But a superior attitude at home and on the field will eat 4.4 speed for lunch. You need look no further than Maryville for this example.

Well said Comp, TH does have talented athletes and they can beat any team in 5A if they play up to their potential. I encourage TH team to get it together this week as a team with the seniors leading the way and take it to West. You can win this game if you stay up and don't let down.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Booneman

I have never seen Knox West play football before, however i still don't give TN High an icebergs chance this Friday. But would love to see them win and make it to the second round. If they did so and Boone was to pull out a win over South, that would make for an ironic scenario at Daniel Boone in round 2 wouldn't it. So lets all hope for that one.

Well a meant to be scenario would be West and South in round 2.

You are thinking way to far ahead, you have to get by a very talented TH team that can beat any 5A team if they bring their A game. The other side of that is South has to get by a Boone team that has been playing great on both sides of the ball the last six games. You might want to take it one game at a time or you may be reading in the paper the results of TH's second round playoff game.

Well a meant to be scenario would be West and South in round 2.

Obviously you were not around for last years playoffs or you would have already known their is no such thing as meant to be around here when it comes to the playoffs. I really do hate to mention it again but #1 team in the state got took out in the second round. I do hope that the South and West teams have this same mentality as you cause i know that TN High and Boone are both gonna be up for this Friday Night. Believe me i would be as shocked as anyone at a TN High win, but they do have some tricks up their sleeve. Does anyone know who will be the Quarterback for TN High Friday. I think that they stuck with number 12 against South? May West get to see #8?

Out of the 3 TN High, Boone, South who would you give the best chance at beating West?

Neither. I think West can school Powell as well...with or without Mobley. I haven't seen Boone play since the South game so I'm actually out of line with that statement. And I don't think common opponents mean squat. Boone came out hard against Bristol and the 'Toppers but got schooled against the Indians. South brought the Indians all they wanted but leaked pressure week by week until the 'Vikings. So it's all about who comes to play. And I feel West has confidence they are the 2010 5A state champs. Overconfidence being their weakness. I do have a gut instinct but I will let it play out. I will say that matchups are pretty even. So in my book it is who brings the beast.