Round One: Oakland Vs Franklin

2priceless

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balanced?? From what I heard on the radio it was Pass, pass pass pass, run, pass pass pass pass, run..... Not too balanced.

Congrats Rebels. I look forward to seeing you all play Blackman on Friday. Going to be another tough one but if you play as determined next week as you did last night things could go your way.

You just have to find a way to rip on Coach Clayton don't you? Did he treat you wrong or something? Did he take away your balls so you couldn't kick?

Well our "Pass,pass pass pass, run, pass pass pass pass, run" (as you stated) offense was good enough to win last night. Go Kick BallS.

And if you are not going to come to the game then don't get on here and worry about Balance! We just beat a team that was ranked #1 in the state for some time of the season. That is enough Balance for me!

Way to go Coach Clayton! Keep up the Balance and all the good work!

GO REBELS!

Did I rip clayton today? Did i not congratulate Franklin? Have i not said for the past week that if the Franklin players show up to play then they could win this game? Kid, instead of getting on here with the sole intent of attacking people, take some time to read the posts and understand that being a fan is not being blind to the fact that our team can screw up sometimes. It started last week with you and ComeGetit when he took an objective look to the Franklin/Brentwood game. Which he was correct. You were correct in saying that Franklin won this game. I cannot wait to see your prediction for this upcoming game. As for Clayton, he has never met me nor has he coached me, I simply do not like the way he approaches most games and do not think he has what it takes to win a State Championship in Tn.

I hopr Franklin folk realize that most of the trash-talking that was on here was not from OHS folk, but from Blackman folk. Blackman fans......you need to remember how it felt last yr when you lost and learn some humility.

I respect all opponents, even ones that I "hate". I have been there when we were the best team on the field but lost, and I have been there when we weren't the best team on the field and found a way to win. I am not in any way saying that was the case last night before feathers get ruffled from the Rebel fans. I have liked Franklin for yrs and enjoyed the rivalry we had over that time. They have a great fan base and are well-prepared every time they step on the field.

I know this is a hard morning for Oakland players, fans, and coaches. I feel for every single one of them. The coaches have put in countless hours that folk have no clue about and the kids have given up so much to be a member of the football team. I mean , just think, when they were giving up their Saturday to go in and watch film, some other kid is sleeping late and dreaming of driving doughnuts on another team's field. Unless you have played this game, you don't have a clue. You can second-guess every call on the field, but just remember that you saw it AFTER the fact. I am guilty as charged myself. Please support this team and staff when they need it the most right now. I am appreciative of every single member of this team and every member of the staff. You have revived OHS to GLORY, and it was a job well-done. I know I live in the past a lot and it is hard to me to accept change and not see Marty U around , but my hat is off to every person from the kids in the stands, the cheerleaders, the band, concession stand workers, those that announce the games, that line the field, the players, and the coaches. Know that you are respected, appreciated, and loved. Lick your wounds and come back with a vengeance . Good things are still coming your way!

Good luck to Franklin. Stay injury-free and give every play your all.

Edited by 2priceless

The 2010 Oakland Patriot's have more talent, speed, size, than Franklin. In my opinion and i think most people's, they have better coaching in the X's n O's. Oakland should have won this game hands down. The Reason Oakland is still not in the playoffs and chasing a state title is not because of talent and coaching, it is because of ________________________________________________________________! I have my own thoughts, but someone has to be honest on here and fill in the blanks without making it personal on the young men that play! This team had it all, talent, size, speed, experience (40 SENIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!), confidence (had won state title in 08), coaching, facilites, resources, fan following. OOOOOH how the might have fallen to lose the last 3 out of the 4 games of the season.

The 2010 Oakland Patriot's have more talent, speed, size, than Franklin. In my opinion and i think most people's, they have better coaching in the X's n O's. Oakland should have won this game hands down. The Reason Oakland is still not in the playoffs and chasing a state title is not because of talent and coaching, it is because of ________________________________________________________________! I have my own thoughts, but someone has to be honest on here and fill in the blanks without making it personal on the young men that play! This team had it all, talent, size, speed, experience (40 SENIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!), confidence (had won state title in 08), coaching, facilites, resources, fan following. OOOOOH how the might have fallen to lose the last 3 out of the 4 games of the season.

You ccan put all the excuses on here you want but that is why the games are played. Franklin beat Oakland hands down. Ive seen all morning excuses from a select few of Oakland fans and it is ridiculous. Saying that because a RB was on the sideline is the reason the game was lost is nonsense. Franklin started and played most of the season without several of their top RB's and found ways to win. Bottom line is Franklin played a better game that Oakland last night and will be gearing up to play next week. Congratulate your team for a great season and get on with it.

You ccan put all the excuses on here you want but that is why the games are played. Franklin beat Oakland hands down. Ive seen all morning excuses from a select few of Oakland fans and it is ridiculous. Saying that because a RB was on the sideline is the reason the game was lost is nonsense. Franklin started and played most of the season without several of their top RB's and found ways to win. Bottom line is Franklin played a better game that Oakland last night and will be gearing up to play next week. Congratulate your team for a great season and get on with it.

Sir, YOU cannot read! There were no excuses in my post and i was talking to the Oakland fans, not the Franklin fans! Yes we all know Franklin beat Oakland fair and square. That is a fact. We don't need to hear that again. Personally, i am glad they beat Oakland because i am a Blackman fan and i think we'll have an easier (notice sir i did not say easy) time beating you than we would have Oakland if they would have been the team we played in game 8. The whole reason i posted was to say something else is wrong over at Oakland because it is not talent, size, numbers, speed, coaching, etc. One of the most talented teams in the state who most thought would win it all, got knocked out the first round and lost the last 3 our of 4 games! MATTER OF FACT, MY POST WAS NOT EVEN ABOUT FRANKLIN VS OAKLAND! You were simply the ones to put the dagger in them for the last time.

FYI: YOU GOT IT RIGHT THAT FRANKLIN WOULD BE OAKLAND. WE ALL KNOW THAT. YOU HAVE TOLD US MULTIPLE TIMES LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING. SO, NOW BE HUMBLE AND HUSH!