8-2 will get you a #4 seed, WOW!

futbolfan

I understand geographic location. Although TSSAA draws some funny lines. I do not understand how an 8-2 Anderson County gets a #4 seed in upper east TN quadrant. All projections late in the season show quadrant 2. How do the powers that be opt to take Catholic (6-4) out of quad 1 and place them in quad 2. Might I add all this is done this morning. Are they trying to protect their beloved Middle Tn teams (Columbia, Tullahoma). I want to remind everyone that AC was an automatic qualifier with a 2nd place finish. Tullahoma at 7-3 gets a 2 seed in quad 2. If AC plays well enough to win against a great MO West team, they are rewarded with Powell. I do not have an answer to yet another flawed system. I can't understand their reasoning. Why does Catholic not go to the quad that you have projected them to be in all along. You have swapped one #4 seed for another. I know there are other scenarios that are just as confusing as ours. Yes I am whinning about it. I'm going to get it all out of my system before the weekend is over. I think in the future that the TSSAA should release rationale with their playoff seedings. Let's make them explain their insanity. At least them we can be insane with them. I've said my piece. Thank you. Yes I realize our district was down this year.

Edited by futbolfan

I understand geographic location. Although TSSAA draws some funny lines. I do not understand how an 8-2 Anderson County gets a #4 seed in upper east TN quadrant. All projections late in the season show quadrant 2. How do the powers that be opt to take Catholic (6-4) out of quad 1 and place them in quad 2. Might I add all this is done this morning. Are they trying to protect their beloved Middle Tn teams (Columbia, Tullahoma). I want to remind everyone that AC was an automatic qualifier with a 2nd place finish. Tullahoma at 7-3 gets a 2 seed in quad 2. If AC plays well enough to win against a great MO West team, they are rewarded with Powell. I do not have an answer to yet another flawed system. I can't understand their reasoning. Why does Catholic not go to the quad that you have projected them to be in all along. You have swapped one #4 seed for another. I know there are other scenarios that are just as confusing as ours. Yes I am whinning about it. I'm going to get it all out of my system before the weekend is over. I think in the future that the TSSAA should release rationale with their playoff seedings. Let's make them explain their insanity. At least them we can be insane with them. I've said my piece. Thank you. Yes I realize our district was down this year.

I agree. AC shouldnt have been a #4 seeded team, they should have been #3. But the other teams in front of AC have better records or played a tougher schedule.

I agree, Quad 1 has 4 teams at 8-2 or better. Quad 2 as 1. That does not make any since. I am not sure about the exactly locations of Knox West and Knox Catholic, but they can't be that far apart. I believe that Knox West should have went to quad 2 and Knox Catholic should have came to quad 1 to even out the field. that would have bumped Boone up to #2 and Anderson county up to #3 i believe. Also putting a little more competition in Quad 2. But then again I am not TSSAA so i guess i might not understand.

Craigmont in Memphis won their district and finished 9-1 and got a 3 seed. Just appears to me that west and east TN teams are very good this year, so alot of good teams get placed in the same quadrant. At one point a couple weeks ago, they had 4 of the top 6 teams in 5A playing in quad 4.

ELMER FUDD PUT THIS YEARS STATE PLAYOFF BRACKET TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been following high school football for over 35 years and this is the first time i can remember 2 teams from the same district playing each other in the first round...Guess its like everything else in this country....Its all about the money !!!

ELMER FUDD PUT THIS YEARS STATE PLAYOFF BRACKET TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been following high school football for over 35 years and this is the first time i can remember 2 teams from the same district playing each other in the first round...Guess its like everything else in this country....Its all about the money !!!

The TSSAA stated a few weeks ago that they took that scenario out of the equation this year because in the past it could have kept a #1 from playing the #2 in the first round like they deserved.

Henry County had to play a district opponent in the first round last year, and they will again this year. I agree, this system is a joke.

Hey, feel lucky, 8-2 got Overton a 7 seed, and 7-3, undefeated in district champion, and 3 losses to 3 other teams in your Quad got Brentwood an 8 seed!