8-2 will get you a #4 seed, WOW!

futbolfan

6-4 Riverdale finished forth in the district got a #2 seed in quad two while the two teams that beat them got a #2 and #3 seed in quad three. I know geographical areas and overall records. But to reward 6-4 with a two seed and coffee county to get in with a 3-7 record. please spare the rational with this. siegel finished 5-5. I am sure there a whole buch of teams that deserved a spot more than 3-7 coffee county. do they even have a shot. You should have a 5-5 record to qualify regardless of district standing.

The system still has flaws for sure. Take a look at the 3A bracket. Tyner-North Chattanooga went 8-2 and a undefeated district championship. The got a 6 seed and must travel to 3 seed Polk County-Benton. They are seeded lower than the Howard-West Chattanooga team that finished 2nd to them in the district. Tell me if that doesn't suck bad.

I'm sure they will tweak the playoff format next year ... and somebody will not be happy. They may revise it after that ... and again, somebody will not be happy. You can't please everybody. You do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may. The complaints that you are reading are the chips falling where they may. Next year will be the same, ... mix, stir, and repeat.

Creating a play off format for high school football in Tennessee is a thankless job and you BETTER have a thick skin for this very reason ... there isn't a perfect format.

• Upvote 1

The system still has flaws for sure. Take a look at the 3A bracket. Tyner-North Chattanooga went 8-2 and a undefeated district championship. The got a 6 seed and must travel to 3 seed Polk County-Benton. They are seeded lower than the Howard-West Chattanooga team that finished 2nd to them in the district. Tell me if that doesn't suck bad.

And I thought I had something to complain about!!! LOL That does suck! I know there is a better way and actually some post on coacht have showed some pretty good line ups; line ups that were reasonable to ALL Teams.

I'm sure they will tweak the playoff format next year ... and somebody will not be happy. They may revise it after that ... and again, somebody will not be happy. You can't please everybody. You do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may. The complaints that you are reading are the chips falling where they may. Next year will be the same, ... mix, stir, and repeat.

Creating a play off format for high school football in Tennessee is a thankless job and you BETTER have a thick skin for this very reason ... there isn't a perfect format.

I agree I would not have that job for nothing. You cannot make everyone happy. But you just have to wonder sometimes how in the world do they come up with what they do. I guess you have to be there to really know what they have to go through! LOL :)

I agree I would not have that job for nothing. You cannot make everyone happy. But you just have to wonder sometimes how in the world do they come up with what they do. I guess you have to be there to really know what they have to go through! LOL :)

I LOVE AC's chances this year since they have found a running game! With somewhat of a running game now, AC can milk that clock and not get into a shootout with someone! Good luck to you guys!

I LOVE AC's chances this year since they have found a running game! With somewhat of a running game now, AC can milk that clock and not get into a shootout with someone! Good luck to you guys!

Thanks Man! We hope this will be the year. The defense has really grown up too! The running game now gives the defense a break. AC goes both ways with players and that is not what they want to do. Now with the running it will give some players a break.

Hey you know the those Dragons will be back next year!