Bowl Game Rhea County vs Grace Christian Academy Knoxville

Rhea Co.

Nothing wrong with another game for HS teams. Heck the TSSAA already has half the state playing in the playoffs and making $$ so sure let everyone else play that can schedule a game. Besides its not a home game for either team, so how will the $$ be divided for the game and I am sure CN will want their part.

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting another game. TSSAA approved it from what I hear. Good time for Rhea County to take some frustration on somebody since the TSSAA seen it fit to have the #4 team in the district jump the #3 to go to the playoffs.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting another game. TSSAA approved it from what I hear. Good time for Rhea County to take some frustration on somebody since the TSSAA seen it fit to have the #4 team in the district jump the #3 to go to the playoffs.

Agreed! With a 4-2 district record Rhea should have been in the playoffs anyway in a sane system.

With all this talk about Grace breaking records, I'd like to congratulate Rhea Co QB Cameron Tallent on setting the single season passing record under Coach Cameron's tutelage.

Congratulations! Heck of a year and enjoyed watching him play.

Edited by Eagle4

Grace coach Randy McKamey said he hoped that Greenback fans and coaches would “understand.†Friday was the last game of the season for his team, and two players were approaching records on offense.

“This is it,†McKamey said. “We're done. It was their last night. We have nothing to look forward to.â€

I just wonder when this game was originally thought up and planned. I sure hope that Coach McKamey had no notion of it whatsoever on the Friday night that he made the above quote. If he did not ... no problem. IF HE DID ... big problem (from an honesty and integrity standpoint). Of course, that's just my opinion.

Well GovMan honesty and integrity are two words that Grace is not familiar with. I seriously doubt that Grace had not thought of this game before Friday night and sometime over the weekend thought lets see if we can get Rhea County to play us on Thursday at Burke-Tarr in Jefferson city. oh yeah we will have to get the TSSAA to approve it.

As a matter of fact this thread was started on Sunday so that leaves from Friday night to sometime Saturday for all the details to come together. Really coach? "This is it" "we're done" "we have nothing to look forward to".

Edited by bigearl

Well GovMan honesty and integrity are two words that Grace is not familiar with. I seriously doubt that Grace had not thought of this game before Friday night and sometime over the weekend thought lets see if we can get Rhea County to play us on Thursday at Burke-Tarr in Jefferson city. oh yeah we will have to get the TSSAA to approve it.

As a matter of fact this thread was started on Sunday so that leaves from Friday night to sometime Saturday for all the details to come together. Really coach? "This is it" "we're done" "we have nothing to look forward to".

Hmmmmmmm. Seems like govman might have some inside scoop cause if you dig a little deeper you find that Grace has been asking the TSSAA and got approved for this before!! last friday!! How do I know? I spoke to an official with the school about this very thing on saturday October 23rd and he said he hoped a postseason game would be approved but did not know if they could get a team to play. So bigearl you are also correct. Maybe Grace did not know that Rhea would play then but Mckamey is integrity challenged if the quote in the dailytimes is anywhere close to correct cause he flatly says its the last game when he KNEW that Grace was trying to get a game!!

Grace coach Randy McKamey said he hoped that Greenback fans and coaches would “understand.†Friday was the last game of the season for his team, and two players were approaching records on offense.

“This is it,†McKamey said. “We're done. It was their last night. We have nothing to look forward to.â€

I just wonder when this game was originally thought up and planned. I sure hope that Coach McKamey had no notion of it whatsoever on the Friday night that he made the above quote. If he did not ... no problem. IF HE DID ... big problem (from an honesty and integrity standpoint). Of course, that's just my opinion.

I am calling BS.png....

GRACE asked for a Bowl game before the season started and was granted...proof is in the pudding as they say, read for yourself!

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/aug/27/tssaa-gives-grace-christian-ground-rules-to-add/

Hey Rhea County guys, How is the young man and his father we were discussing earlier in the season? Has his situation improved any? Sorry I know this is not pertaining to the game but I was just wondering.

BleedingBlue - nice, refreshing change from the crap that's been on this thread this week.

Thanks for asking - I haven't spoken with the player recently but I have talked with his sister and his cousin. Things are about the same, the cancer has spread to some different areas but Mr. Everett remains optimistic and continues to fight this beast of a disease like a warrior. No complaints, just faces each day head on fully immersed in his faith.

We again thank you for asking about this family.

BleedingBlue - nice, refreshing change from the crap that's been on this thread this week.

Thanks for asking - I haven't spoken with the player recently but I have talked with his sister and his cousin. Things are about the same, the cancer has spread to some different areas but Mr. Everett remains optimistic and continues to fight this beast of a disease like a warrior. No complaints, just faces each day head on fully immersed in his faith.

We again thank you for asking about this family.

Not a problem. Glad he is staying optimistic and still with his faith! Glad you guys are getting one more game and I read the Rhea boys got some pretty good awards. Congrats to them! Good luck on Friday!

Hmmmmmmm. Seems like govman might have some inside scoop cause if you dig a little deeper you find that Grace has been asking the TSSAA and got approved for this before!! last friday!! How do I know? I spoke to an official with the school about this very thing on saturday October 23rd and he said he hoped a postseason game would be approved but did not know if they could get a team to play. So bigearl you are also correct. Maybe Grace did not know that Rhea would play then but Mckamey is integrity challenged if the quote in the dailytimes is anywhere close to correct cause he flatly says its the last game when he KNEW that Grace was trying to get a game!!

Maybe he was thinking that stats dont count after the regular season is over. If this is the case then I can't blame the guy for looking out for his kids. I guess my question to all is this. If your kid was close to a record setting year wouldn't you like to see him get it. The last time I checked it doesn't matter if you loose by 1 or 100 it is still only a loss. I know lots of you will jump all over this but, what does it matter the amount? If you loose you loose.