Clinton Football

TheEdge2010

This is what happens when schools hire off the buddy buddy system. The last three coaches Clinton had should never been coaches. All had a inside connection and program has suffer from that. Shattack won with Talent but all who seen that team knows that team should of went atleast to the show not taking nothing away from AC they played good that nite. But Catlett, Shattuck and Kerr should never been hire to coach at Clinton all was hired with losing records or never was a HC. Clinton has one winning season in 13 years the 09 team and before that 1998. We will continue to lose kids to AC, Grace and now to LC it's so sad but untill we quit hiring friends nothing will change. FYI am hearing Kerr is leaving after this season to goto Cambell Co with his brothers in law.

maybe 2 winning seasons in 13 years think they may went 6-4 Stone Jr year I could be wrong.

92, what kind of changes do these players want if they are to return. When you get that kind of talk going around the locker room it is contagious and very hard to overcome. I can see a Catlett era repeat happening very easily. It will be very tough for Kerr keep the program afloat. Clinto should be very competitive in our district which is pretty weak after you get past the top two teams. Central, CC, Halls, HV, Karns. Y'all should be beating those teams. What kind of changes do these guys want?

The things I keep hearing is coaching changes. The kids I have talked to haven't went into detail and I haven't asked. I know a few parents that don't care too much for our coordinators. I can see some of what they're talking about. When our players come to the sidelines, I don't see our coordinators coaching them or telling them what they did wrong. They just shake their heads. The loudest coach on our sidelines is the special teams coach that yells "PUNT ALERT" about 10 times a game!

I keep hearing that this is a good coaching staff that Kerr put together and that we just have to be patient, but I'm not so sure about that now.

The things I keep hearing is coaching changes. The kids I have talked to haven't went into detail and I haven't asked. I know a few parents that don't care too much for our coordinators. I can see some of what they're talking about. When our players come to the sidelines, I don't see our coordinators coaching them or telling them what they did wrong. They just shake their heads. The loudest coach on our sidelines is the special teams coach that yells "PUNT ALERT" about 10 times a game!

I keep hearing that this is a good coaching staff that Kerr put together and that we just have to be patient, but I'm not so sure about that now.

We need to make a lot of changes but i can not see it happen anytime soon.

you know Dragon all of us over here at Karns could have told you all you needed to know about your D coordinator, i would say if Kurr would hire that guy then you may want to question the others he has hired as well, I hope you guys get it corrected for the kids sake and your program.

you know Dragon all of us over here at Karns could have told you all you needed to know about your D coordinator, i would say if Kurr would hire that guy then you may want to question the others he has hired as well, I hope you guys get it corrected for the kids sake and your program.

Thank you 09'! I'm glad to finally see Karns turning the corner there and getting a winning record. If Karns can continue to be competitive after losing such a big senior class this yr, you will know for sure you are headed in the right direction! Good luck to you guys as well! Beat HVA!

The coaches honestly forget their game plan during the games...they tell a linemen the block a certain way during the week and then get on to them on Fridays for blocking how they told them...I honesly believe the root of the problem is coaching the O line. Clinton should be able

To run the ball easy and I really can't pin the issue on the Kids. We have a freshman and a sophomore that will prob end of playing somewhere big on Saturdays but yet the coaches can figure out how to use their size and talents...coaches should know....PYKE is not a center.,.when they had success in the spring the running backs ran behind him pulling from his guard spot...there putting their best linemen at a disadvantage and no allowing him to use his strengths...

The coaches honestly forget their game plan during the games...they tell a linemen the block a certain way during the week and then get on to them on Fridays for blocking how they told them...I honesly believe the root of the problem is coaching the O line. Clinton should be able

To run the ball easy and I really can't pin the issue on the Kids. We have a freshman and a sophomore that will prob end of playing somewhere big on Saturdays but yet the coaches can figure out how to use their size and talents...coaches should know....PYKE is not a center.,.when they had success in the spring the running backs ran behind him pulling from his guard spot...there putting their best linemen at a disadvantage and no allowing him to use his strengths...

I agree with you 100% Kidd....I have never seen Pyke play center until this yr. I believe he would be better at guard!

Ive been watching these kids since middle school and I know their potential. I am certain the problem is coaching! We need some coaching changes bad or alot of these kids including Pyke won't be coming back next season!

heck, give me a whistle! I'll go up there and show these kids how its done( the right way) lol.

Dragon I would trust you more then what we have now...this is horrible...Pyke is gonna be a D1 linemen...it isn't me just telling you...look at rivals and scout...hes getting intrest from a lot of school and his award list is pretty extensive...why is it that these coaches can't do anything with thy kind of talent...

Pyke has a ton of talent but I believe he could work harder from time to time. At times, it doesn't seem like he's giving it 100%! But then again, I think that falls back on the coaching staff. It is their job to get the players to play at or beyond their full potential.

I am a big fan of Pyke and hope he stays at Clinton, but I understand that he has to do what's best for him and his future. Hopefully we will make some changes and turn things around starting Friday against AC and have it spill over into the off season and next year!

Pyke has a ton of talent but I believe he could work harder from time to time. At times, it doesn't seem like he's giving it 100%! But then again, I think that falls back on the coaching staff. It is their job to get the players to play at or beyond their full potential.

I am a big fan of Pyke and hope he stays at Clinton, but I understand that he has to do what's best for him and his future. Hopefully we will make some changes and turn things around starting Friday against AC and have it spill over into the off season and next year!

how does a kid's effort fall on to the coaches? if you are such a guru then why don't you go help the coaches at chs? is it because you're too busy hiding behind a keyboard? what D1 coaches are intersted in Pyke? are they interested in him cause he's late to practice everyday or is it his blazing forty time?

Some parts of effort does fall back on the coaches...if a kid doesn't trust him or think he isnt doing the team good do you think a 15-18 year old kid will try his hardest? Do you think there is a player over at Maryville that it's hard to give good effort? U don't think so...if you think these coaches get full potential out of there players...ur blind...if you think I'm saying Pyke couldn't work harder or any other player for that matter..that's not the case...

Edited by thekidd0086