Melrose at Jackson North Side

slapper

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any takers on how this one will turn out? I don't know much about Melrose other than they are Melrose!!! There will be plenty of athletes on the field for this one. Any thoughts? What can we expect offensively and defensively from these two teams?

You can expect a good visiting crowd...Melrose "traditionally" travels well....better call the hamburger/hot dog man....!! They will fill Northside's small visitors side bleachers.

Melrose does have athletes, but they are nothing like they have been in the past. That being said, they have the ability to surprise anyone. I say North Side wins, but I think the result of this one depends on which Melrose team shows up. If the team that played last week against Whitehaven is what North Side gets, they will have their hands full. If they get the team that lost to Central, North Side will smoke em. I hope they play well and represent the Memphis area to the best of their ability.

This is a great week one match up compared to most. Melrose is a team that I would not want to see in round one. Melrose also features athlete Tino Thomas who at the beggining of OCT. gave the Tennessee football program a verbal commitment. He is also the brother of University of Miami RB Graig Cooper. North Side needs to be ready to play physical football. Seasoned schedule compared to Northside I will take Melrose in this one.

You can expect a good visiting crowd...Melrose "traditionally" travels well....better call the hamburger/hot dog man....!! They will fill Northside's small visitors side bleachers.

Melrose is 4-6 this year and the fans/alumn aren't pleased about it. The past Friday game between Melsoe and Whitehaven had a sparse Melrose crowd compared to their past years. I wouldn't expect the rafters to be overflowing with the Melrose faithful.

I don't know anything about JNS. What kind of offense do they run and what kind of defense do they have? Are they run oriented or pass happy? Do they stop the run and are vurnerable to the pass? Tell me something about them please.

Edited by kwc

Brighton is good but they are not very good. Any time they match up with an athletic team, they have problems. Last year a 5-5 Kirby team beat them in the playoffs with only half of their team something like 55-33. (One of the buses broke down and didn't get there until the 2nd quarter)

Brighton is good but they are not very good. Any time they match up with an athletic team, they have problems. Last year a 5-5 Kirby team beat them in the playoffs with only half of their team something like 55-33. (One of the buses broke down and didn't get there until the 2nd quarter)

Please....they put every kid on that one bus that they intended to put on that field, they beat brighton but with their A team

NS has a very good defense. Solid QB and RB. Not a real big team but good speed and quickness. Beat a very

good Brighton team by 30.

I know you don't want to seem to give up too much but what I was asking about is what type of offense do they run basically and what type of defense.

I know Melrose can be hot or cold, but their bread and butter offensively is their passing game. They have one of the better QB's in the state in my humble opinion. He absolutely can not be given time to throw or he WILL carve up any defense. He's a very accurate passing QB and he has about four different targets. Thier offense is a thing of beauty when they get it to flow.

Their defense is bend but don't brake and they will not give up the big play via the pass on defense. They love to run a 'Cover 2'. Their run defense is another matter. It has been porous at times.