South Greene at Happy Valley

budkilmer

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Warriors
    • Rebels

hehe yeah. But EHS vs the County Schools has been going on forever. Its always been the same argument. EHS plays down, or EHS is afraid of Hampton/Cloudland, or EHS gets all the money(Which is partly true, they are better funded but that's because they don't have to split anything between Unaka, Hampton, Cloudland, Happy Valley)

I can honestly say that a lot of animosity is basically just us vs them, rich city folk vs county people, big bad city school hogging up the area. I'm going to be open about this but the rivalries down here, especially between EHS/HV usually get violent. It's always been that way and at the rate things are going its probably going to stay that way. If EHS gets turf prepare for world war 3 from HV people

But yeah, this is HV vs SG and we need to get out lol No one is coming off looking better in one of these arguments. Go Warriors?

We have the same thing here in Greene County but(funding, being bigger, Niswonger instead of Witten, etc.) I guess the rivalries on the gridiron are just taking effect because of the new classifications that slated Greeneville to play all the county schools except North Greene. Go Rebels!

Edited by budkilmer

We have the same thing here in Greene County but(funding, being bigger, Niswonger instead of Witten, etc.) I guess the rivalries on the gridiron are just taking effect because of the new classifications that slated Greeneville to play all the county schools except North Greene. Go Rebels!

Now Bud, I think we stop short of "violent"...

I guess that was what I was trying to say. Since the rivalries on the football field are so new, it hasn't escalated to what EHS vs. HV has.

Just give it time you all will get there! Because we havent been playing HV that long either. But hey what are we suppose to do? Hug and cuddle when we play each other. Nope will just keep hating the week we play each other after that I hope the best for our county!

Go Cyclones!!!!

Just give it time you all will get there! Because we havent been playing HV that long either. But hey what are we suppose to do? Hug and cuddle when we play each other. Nope will just keep hating the week we play each other after that I hope the best for our county!

Go Cyclones!!!!

I really don't see it getting to that... Greene county is pretty tight- knit. We've had rivalries for years. Adding Greeneville to the mix just makes it interesting.

I really don't see it getting to that... Greene county is pretty tight- knit. We've had rivalries for years. Adding Greeneville to the mix just makes it interesting.

I'm outside looking in but I bet adding the greendevils to the county con was not near as interesting for the county schools as it was for you and yours Barb,

Go Cyclones!!!!

We have played Eliz., off and on for years, Im not sure where orange and black has been. HV and Eliz. will always be big rivalries, thats not going to change, I just wish it didnt become so violent. Extra security is always at HV/Eliz games. I hope we meet up again this year, the last game should have been HV, we played a much better game, but Eliz. got lucky, and scored during the last minute............

Back to where the topic began.....Hv will beat South Greene in this game.......................

HV 32 South Greene 14

GO WARRIORS..........................

Edited by HV2010

We have played Eliz., off and on for years, Im not sure where orange and black has been. HV and Eliz. will always be big rivalries, thats not going to change, I just wish it didnt become so violent. Extra security is always at HV/Eliz games. I hope we meet up again this year, the last game should have been HV, we played a much better game, but Eliz. got lucky, and scored during the last minute............

Back to where the topic began.....Hv will beat South Greene in this game.......................

HV 32 South Greene 14

GO WARRIORS..........................

Ive been right here and to me Greenville is a long rivalry 60+ years not 14 games over 40 years and here are all the scores for EHS and Happy Valley!

1977----EHS 23 HV 6 1999----EHS 49 HV 7 2003----EHS 6 HV 7 2007---EHS 24 HV 6

1978----EHS 14 HV 0 2000----EHS 21 HV 34 2004----EHS 23 HV 0 2008---EHS 42 HV 13

1979----EHS 34 HV 0 2001----EHS 31 HV 0 2005----did not play 2009---EHS 41 HV 13

1980----EHS 37 HV 0 2002----EHS 35 HV 14 2006----did not play 2010---EHS 13 HV 10

Happy Valley won in 2000 and 2003!

I'm outside looking in but I bet adding the greendevils to the county con was not near as interesting for the county schools as it was for you and yours Barb,

Shoot its been fun for everybody...4000+ screaming fans in the Black Hole, the Range and Rebel Hill. The best football atmosphere ever. And Burley was packed when our county friends came in to town.More money for everybody. Raider, most of these kids are friends or even relatives. Parents work together. It gets rowdy but in a fun kinda way.