South Greene at Happy Valley

budkilmer

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Warriors
    • Rebels

What will the Happy Valley players and fan feel when they look across the field and see coach Scottie Verran and his South Greene teams soundly defeats his old warrior team and they hang their heads in shame at what the school officials did to that fine man.

S Greene 48

HV 21

I can tell what most will feel, relief that he is on their side and not ours.......this game will be all warriors, no one will be hanging their heads in shame at least not on the HV side, and it seems to me you dont know the whole story.......Hv has a great coach this year....Also for who it may concern our cupcake schedule with 9 games was made by no other than Verran.....We dont want Verran or Hyder, thats why they were let go......Verran doesnt have what it takes to coach high school football.....Hyder was really good at one point in his career, but that was also a while back......HV WINS BIG TONIGHT................

Oh yea! Forgot all about that, I guess with Coach Hyder going to EHS and Scotty going to South Green they will have the last laugh against HV. I think this may go down in State History as the first time a #8 beat a #1. Way to go HV you may make the record books tonight.

You havent got a clue..................

Yea, there are a few of us pulling for HV....And by the way, we are always civil at H-Town! :unsure: And its funny how everything said about EHS is wrong (just from viewing). 1) Eliz refusing to play Hampton...lie, according to EHS. 2) Witten money supporting EHS...lie, according to EHS.

I bet you a dollar that if EHS thinks Hampton will be down next year, they will try to schedule a game. If they feel H-Town will be as strong as they were this year, they will try the ole "yea, we'll play ya as long as the game(s) is at EHS"!

By the way, Im not a youngster, a lil over 40 and have the info that many of you do not!

Now why would EHS want to play a 2A school that might just beat them? I wouldnt! But HV plays us....and they got a 4-qtr brawl! HV played Eliz strong to the last second...so....Eliz v/s Hampton would have been a great game this year! And one that Lunceford and Hampton WILL NOT back down from in the future! :thumb: NOW, good luck HV and all Carter Co teams!

Glad to hear from you, I agree, I would love to see Hampton/Eliz play, that would be a great game, maybe it would knock Eliz down a notch or two by losing to HAMPTON.... :thumb:

maxprepsdotcom???? really????? Asheville isn't ranked in the AP....maxprepsdotcom isn't even approved by coacht....

I did not know coach t approved anything. They have Greeneville #1 so it must be wrong?

The Freeman Rankings

(The Freeman Rankings will determine the teams selected for the Tournament of Champions.)

National and State Freeman Ratings are the result of our collection of enormous amounts of information from teams throughout the country and the application of a computer model developed by our associate Ned Freeman. The most important thing to understand about how the ratings system works is that it is 100% objective.

The size of the schools, their division, the league they're in, how good the school or league are historically, their geographic location, how well liked the school is, how good the league is in other sports do not matter and therefore, none of these factors are programmed into the system. Those subjective factors inevitably bias humans saddled with the daunting task of trying to figure out who the best teams in the nation, in a state, or a region really are?

Instead, Ned's system just takes into account the facts. Cold, hard, and unfeeling fact - but as accurate, objective and fair as possible.

How It Works!

(A brief explanation of the factors that affect the Rankings system...)

It uses a computer program to determine team rank. We do not poll coaches, sportswriters, or fans. Nor does our staff make any judgments on the merits of any individual team. Prior season history, school size, and comments on message boards are not considered in the rankings.

The system utilizes the huge number of game results stored in the database. Generally, the more a team wins the higher the ranking, but the system takes into account quality wins (against other highly ranked opponents) and strength of schedule.

For example, a team's ranking is hurt more by losing to a team that is ranked below them verses a team ranked ahead.

Other factors that will affect the rankings are times when it has incomplete or inaccurate information. We will correct errors when they are reported to us. If we are missing a score, report it to us on the team's page. If we are missing a game on the schedule, send us a correction request.

Generally, the more games that are played the more accurate the rankings, so if a team that you perceive as being very strong has played substantially fewer games than other ranked teams it may reflect the fact that we have less data to work with.

Playoff games are weighed 2.1 times what a regular season game is.

Movement indicates the up or down movement within the rankings when compared to our previously published rankings.

The football rankings are updated once a week, other sports will be updated three times a week during the sport season.

Edited by CycloneCyclone

yea thats not very true, HV only played 9 games because the old coach was an idiot and decided to schedule Clintwood who is expected to make ANOTHER state championship game and just decided not to find a tenth game. By the time Shively the new coach got there it was already summer and everyones schedule was already full. and you also realize that the old coach called the offense AGAINST Happy Valley tonight. and without a doubt ran the same three plays that he scored on when he played in the 80s.

We had only 9 games because the first time TSSAA screwed with the system, teams from Greene Co and Gat. Pittman had to fill their schedules with new conference members. I think we had a few prospects, but they were 5-6 hours away.

I think I read where , for some reason, the TSSAA would not recognize conference champs in their ranking system. I am a Warrior fan, but was completely shocked when the rankings came out. You guys won the district and beat us so you should be ranked either #1 or #2. I was expecting a 3 or 4 for us.

Take it easy on the cupcake schedule, after all , your team is on it. I would have liked to have seen Etown take on Hampton, Clintwood.

I would like to congratulate all the county schools, including Elizabethton. They all made the playoffs this year.

yea thats not very true, HV only played 9 games because the old coach was an idiot and decided to schedule Clintwood who is expected to make ANOTHER state championship game and just decided not to find a tenth game. By the time Shively the new coach got there it was already summer and everyones schedule was already full. and you also realize that the old coach called the offense AGAINST Happy Valley tonight. and without a doubt ran the same three plays that he scored on when he played in the 80s.

Oh, this is very much true, our schedule was made by Verran, there were several schools that would have gave us our tenth game, even the year before last, and can even give the name of one if you want.............Now next year Coach Shively has done a great job with our schedule......Verran was the one who gave us a cupcake schedule as it has been referred to on coach T..........I was also at HV in the 80s and he was a great player, but coaching is not for him.....I hope he is happy where he is because we are sure glad he isnt with us, Coach Shively is a great coach, he has taught them to play as a team, thats something they havent had in 3 years...................

Sounds like they pulled one out! I also hear you stole our cannon and fired it a couple of times! H-Town is CANNON FEAR ROE!!! Good luck!

They just barely pulled it off, this is the worst they have played this whole season, 4th quarter, they decided they were ready to play ball........officials were bad, td called back, I think we had to rekick the extra point 3 times,and one of those they blocked it the second time........not only that the stripes also helped them with a touch down........Way to many penalties some deserving some not. I dont know what was going on with the boys tonight, I know that it was cold, but they still have to play in the cold, so they need to get it together............One thing I do know South Greene came to play....and we decided to play in the 4th quarter............We have had the cannon, its just not always out at the games, dont know why..................We had great fireworks for the entire season.........Anyway CONGRATULATIONS HV FOOTBALL TEAM ON YOUR WIN...................

And it has shown this year. HV is leaps and bounds better then they have been in previous years. I can put the whole rivalry aside and give credit where credit is due. HV is probably most improved team in our conference

Thanks, We appreciate it..........We are very proud of them............Congratulations on your win tonight..........