South Greene at Happy Valley

budkilmer

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Warriors
    • Rebels

The correct response to the ref should have been "yes sir".

Why do kids think they should have the last word? I'm pretty sure it pi$$ed that ref off royally...I know I would be.

Yeah hopefully he will remember . It is not always the player though.Some refs are more thick skinned than others. Having played high school and college basketball, I can attest, that refs are humans too. What gets you a technical foul or penalty one night, doesn't the next. Maybe somebody hid his whistle before the game....

Yea i hear you but some just never seem to learn

Then they deserve to sit... and be reminded how their lack of discipline hurt their team. My son, who is 32, said he could remember the exact day he started thinking about things before he said/did them.... It was when coach benched him for mouthing off. He told him talent was wasted on the undisciplined.

Then they deserve to sit... and be reminded how their lack of discipline hurt their team. My son, who is 32, said he could remember the exact day he started thinking about things before he said/did them.... It was when coach benched him for mouthing off. He told him talent was wasted on the undisciplined.

I remeber being afraid of mouthing off to any adult, especially a coach or teacher cause I knew what I would get when I got home.To many kids arent disciplined at home and all this started when they stopped be able to punish them at school.

I remeber being afraid of mouthing off to any adult, especially a coach or teacher cause I knew what I would get when I got home.To many kids arent disciplined at home and all this started when they stopped be able to punish them at school.

None of that should impact how these athletes perform between the sidelines. A coach has to establish and maintain discipline on the field.

That is a good coach. My high school coach never sat anyone out. But if one player mouthed off, then the whole team ran until....well, until we knew better than to flap our gums. Not only did we keep ourselves in check, we kept our team mates in check as well.

STill though, in this instance, one particular fellow dressed in black and white appearred to be having the same problem with keeping his emotions in check.(Not only against us, but against johnson co. too). I'm pretty sure that the refs are to keep their own feelings in check when calling a game. And I know you have had to see one or two in your lifetime.

Well Happy Valley the big #1 seed hasnt played anybody to prepare them for the playoffs so lets see how there cupcake schedule helps them when it counts! I dont know anything about South Greene but if they can stop the run they win!And can anyone tell me why HV only plays 9 games?

because when the the schools were reclassifed all the green county teams dropped hv and we could not get anyone to play us

Ive been right here and to me Greenville is a long rivalry 60+ years not 14 games over 40 years and here are all the scores for EHS and Happy Valley!

1977----EHS 23 HV 6 1999----EHS 49 HV 7 2003----EHS 6 HV 7 2007---EHS 24 HV 6

1978----EHS 14 HV 0 2000----EHS 21 HV 34 2004----EHS 23 HV 0 2008---EHS 42 HV 13

1979----EHS 34 HV 0 2001----EHS 31 HV 0 2005----did not play 2009---EHS 41 HV 13

1980----EHS 37 HV 0 2002----EHS 35 HV 14 2006----did not play 2010---EHS 13 HV 10

Happy Valley won in 2000 and 2003!

you are wrong about some scores my dad played against them in the fall of 1977 that was the first time they played in 20 yrs the score was ehs 10 hv 6

hehe yeah. But EHS vs the County Schools has been going on forever. Its always been the same argument. EHS plays down, or EHS is afraid of Hampton/Cloudland, or EHS gets all the money(Which is partly true, they are better funded but that's because they don't have to split anything between Unaka, Hampton, Cloudland, Happy Valley)

I can honestly say that a lot of animosity is basically just us vs them, rich city folk vs county people, big bad city school hogging up the area. I'm going to be open about this but the rivalries down here, especially between EHS/HV usually get violent. It's always been that way and at the rate things are going its probably going to stay that way. If EHS gets turf prepare for world war 3 from HV people

But yeah, this is HV vs SG and we need to get out lol No one is coming off looking better in one of these arguments. Go Warriors?

you forgot about the money jason witten gives them,and ehs is not a big bad team they can not win against teams their size thats a fact 0-3 this yr 1-4 last year ehs coaches are paid triple as a county school more money better coaches more money better equipment to train with but with all ur money ehs still loses to greenville ashville and cak all the same size as ehs these are facts just like the fact that ehs does play down

Edited by happyvalley44