WHO IS GOING HOME WITH THE DII AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

shakinthefat

You fans in the East/Central aren't going to like this, as I predict an All-West final in CBHS vs. MUS. Will bring back memories of 2005 when the 2 Memphis rivals faced each other for the state title. MUS returned the favor of their only defeat that season (to CBHS during league play). GO OWLS AND PURPLE WAVE!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they ordered extra porta potties!

I don't know who has the easiest path to the championship game. I am however looking forward to some good football. I am also hoping to make it out of the first round and Blue and Red rematch!

I agree. I really don't know alot about the west teams....but a Baylor/McCallie rematch would be sweet!

Yes...we debated that one extensively. It's a sign of the high regard in which the TSSAA holds the independent schools. The game is also being played in the back lot of the Lower Algood First Baptist church. If pre-game ticket sales are brisk, they may even move in a set of bleachers.

Any chance coffee and doughnuts will be available also? Maybe just provide a styrofoam cup and have an honor system.

Maybe we can hear more of the "world according to Rick" and how advertisers across the globe have poured over our attendance figures at corporate headquarters and pressured the networks to move the game to Thursday. Even our Blount County friends can't top Rick's work.

Just to point out...major markets in Tennessee: Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga. Teams with the best shots at winning this thing: MBA, BA, EHS (Nashville); Baylor (Chattanooga); CBHS, MUS (Memphis).

Any chance coffee and doughnuts will be available also? Maybe just provide a styrofoam cup and have an honor system.

Maybe we can hear more of the "world according to Rick" and how advertisers across the globe have poured over our attendance figures at corporate headquarters and pressured the networks to move the game to Thursday. Even our Blount County friends can't top Rick's work.

Just to point out...major markets in Tennessee: Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga. Teams with the best shots at winning this thing: MBA, BA, EHS (Nashville); Baylor (Chattanooga); CBHS, MUS (Memphis).

I doubt there'll be any coffee. If they've hired detail officers from Cookeville PD or Putnam SO, there'll be doughnuts, but don't count on them sharing (I never shared ammunition or doughnuts, and I think I was pretty typical). I don't know if there's any truth to the rumor, but my understanding is they they're hoping that since there's a deacon's meeting at LAFBC just prior to the game, they can pursuade some fo the deacons to stay and officiate the game. It's a cost cutting/revenue enhancement measure.

I doubt there'll be any coffee. If they've hired detail officers from Cookeville PD or Putnam SO, there'll be doughnuts, but don't count on them sharing (I never shared ammunition or doughnuts, and I think I was pretty typical). I don't know if there's any truth to the rumor, but my understanding is they they're hoping that since there's a deacon's meeting at LAFBC just prior to the game, they can pursuade some fo the deacons to stay and officiate the game. It's a cost cutting/revenue enhancement measure.

If Ryan upsets MBA, Center Point on me. :)

I dont understand your point with major markets....all DII AA schools are right outside or in the middle of a big city. Also, I have no idea why anyone on Baylor's side would want to see another B/M matchup. You wanna talk about pressure? McCallie's got nothing to lose. A scary week for Baylor leading up to the game if it happens, which it probably will because the West is a joke this year especially. The best thing the TSSAA could do is combine the 2 and have them play in regular season.

Ps landro- your id isnt hard to figure out, but good job keeping your posts on the neutral side

I dont understand your point with major markets....all DII AA schools are right outside or in the middle of a big city. Also, I have no idea why anyone on Baylor's side would want to see another B/M matchup. You wanna talk about pressure? McCallie's got nothing to lose. A scary week for Baylor leading up to the game if it happens, which it probably will because the West is a joke this year especially. The best thing the TSSAA could do is combine the 2 and have them play in regular season.

Ps landro- your id isnt hard to figure out, but good job keeping your posts on the neutral side

Sort of a pointless statement, harkening back to a "debate" we had on here several years back about how ridiculous it was that the D2 championships one year were held on the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, and not televised, or even(if memory serves) available for streaming on the internet. One silly poster tried to argue that advertising decisions were the reason why the games weren't televised. We are all in the biggest markets, so (if advertising were somehow a factor here, which it isn't) we'd be the most desirable from among the various championship game options to sponsor/televise. So it must be something else.

Sort of a pointless statement, harkening back to a "debate" we had on here several years back about how ridiculous it was that the D2 championships one year were held on the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, and not televised, or even(if memory serves) available for streaming on the internet. One silly poster tried to argue that advertising decisions were the reason why the games weren't televised. We are all in the biggest markets, so (if advertising were somehow a factor here, which it isn't) we'd be the most desirable from among the various championship game options to sponsor/televise. So it must be something else.

Ah I see now, my apologies. And I agree I wish they would have the DII championship games on the weekends just like the public schools.

I also do not understand the thursday deal really seems to me we have too many classifications for the size of our state. But that's only 1 issue.

I think it waters down the competition and still do not get why the private schools are in their own classification, yes they offer financial aid, but at the end of the day every school and every coach out there do their best to get the kids they want. I believe Georgia takes the number of students enrolled at the private school times 1.5 for classification purposes and public and private play each other regular season and playoffs.

Tennessee needs 4 classes at the most and really could be great with only 3.

Thanks wareagle not trying to hide and really not trying to be nuetral just love hearing opinions and the passion other areas have for their football

With regard to the Baylor Mccallie match-up I can understand the pressure thing but I look at it as a great chance to beat the rival twice in the same year, when was the last time they even played twice in one year, has it ever happened?