buzz around roan mtn the fix is in birchfield new head coach next year

chsfan1909

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there needs to be some serious changes at Cloudland if it means a new coach then so be it,Robbie has done his best and it just isn't working.Its not from lack of talent from the kids that we aren't winning,I think alot of people have figured that out by now.

I recomemd Mike Lunsford, might take a couple of years ,but the South would arise again. Don't think Paul Bear Bryant , could do much with iy next year, Its looking pretty bleak to me.

mike would get the number of players up. it would be great to see him on the sidelines again and i like robbie but there is no way to deny the quality of coach mike is. next year could be a very down season just not going to be many seniors on the team very few juniors on this years team. the only way cloudland will be a decent team next year is to get some of the boys walking the halls to come out and play. there will be some very good but very young building blocks. the future could be very bright at cloudland but you must keep the players on the team. after next season the team could really make fast progress. maybe mikes brother could talk him into coming back i think you might know him pujo.

Edited by Buck Mtn. will get you

thats true in one sense. but the challenge of rebuilding the same team you played for twice could be interesting. and who knows how the tssaa set up will be from year to year. it maybe easier for him to win a state championship at cloudland in 1A than hampton at 2A if most the privates keeping getting moved to 2A. cloudland could have some really good talent coming from the current 7 8 and 9 grades.

thats true in one sense. but the challenge of rebuilding the same team you played for twice could be interesting. and who knows how the tssaa set up will be from year to year. it maybe easier for him to win a state championship at cloudland in 1A than hampton at 2A if most the privates keeping getting moved to 2A. cloudland could have some really good talent coming from the current 7 8 and 9 grades.

Same could be said for any school.

It wouldn't make much sense for him to leave Hampton. I know he went to Cloudland and is from there, and coached there a long time. It's much easier to succeed at Hampton because of the number of students. It doesn't make much sense to me from a football stand point.

I agree it wouldn't make much sense, He has Hampton going in the right direction, talked alot of young kids into coming out. I think Hampton may have some great years ahead of um. The only lures to Cloudland would be,coaching the team he played for and coached for many years and knowing alot of parents of the kids that will be playing in the future.

Another thing is ,I think the buzz was all wrong, I don't see a coaching change happening. I really don't see anyone wanting the job.Next year could be one of the toughest years in Cloudland history.

I agree it wouldn't make much sense, He has Hampton going in the right direction, talked alot of young kids into coming out. I think Hampton may have some great years ahead of um. The only lures to Cloudland would be,coaching the team he played for and coached for many years and knowing alot of parents of the kids that will be playing in the future.

Another thing is ,I think the buzz was all wrong, I don't see a coaching change happening. I really don't see anyone wanting the job.Next year could be one of the toughest years in Cloudland history.

Next year will be very tough. However, I thought Clodland had some very good players coming up in the bext couple of years (I could have heard wrong).

Edited by wingman10

True, I hope to see Cloudland get better so the rivalry get "hot" again. I remember when Mike was at Cloudland and beat Hampton ten times over six years. I used to hate Cloudland. I want them to get their program going again, but I don't want Mike to go anywhere. I look foward to the years ahead.

Next year will be very tough. However, I thought Clodland had some very good players coming up in the bext couple of years (I could have heard wrong).

They have a very good 10th grade class ,but half of them don't play, got a few 9th graders ,8th grade is a very good class and quite a few of um. Going to take alot of work and comittment to get them to where they wewre in the day.

True, I hope to see Cloudland get better so the rivalry get "hot" again. I remember when Mike was at Cloudland and beat Hampton ten times over six years. I used to hate Cloudland. I want them to get their program going again, but I don't want Mike to go anywhere. I look foward to the years ahead.

I'd say mike will Coach out the remainder of his time at Hampton,likes the school ,got good kids who are willing to work. All schools has its challenges, but Hampton is not nearly as tough as alot of schools. I see some things that many don't realize, Hampton may start having a big senior class every year, these kids are coming out in groves, they'll teach um how to play football, I honestly think Hampton's best year are yet to come.