Region 2

FHSFALCON

I'm not sure if you know who THEANIMAL is, but he has wrestling and coaching credentials far beyond what you would ever hope to achieve. I think you need to sit back and assess the amount of love you have for this fantastic sport. For you to attempt to slam a man that has dedicated his life to wrestling is appalling and disgusting. THEANIMAL is one of the most respected wrestling coaches out there! IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS SPORT YOU SHOULD NOT SLAM PEOPLE THAT ARE TRYING TO MOVE IT FORWARD! Mikescott you are a punk and you will never gain respect in the wrestling community (especially in East Tennessee) if you continue to slam. You are mediocre at best and I don’t care about any credentials you have! YOU SUCK!!!!!!

That's it I'm telling Jim on you!!! I give facts you react on emotion. Knoxville wrestling is of very poor quality compared to Chattanooga. Is it because Knoxville has less gifted kids than Chattanooga or less gifted coaches??? I believe kids are the same across the country, the coaches is what determines whether TN is as good as GA, AL, NC, CA, NJ, OH, etc. Its going to take several good coaches in an area to get their kids to a good enough level where they compete against eachother and make one another better, but it all starts with coaching. Knoxville does not have the kids, because Knoxville doesn't have the coaches.

That's it I'm telling Jim on you!!! I give facts you react on emotion. Knoxville wrestling is of very poor quality compared to Chattanooga. Is it because Knoxville has less gifted kids than Chattanooga or less gifted coaches??? I believe kids are the same across the country, the coaches is what determines whether TN is as good as GA, AL, NC, CA, NJ, OH, etc. Its going to take several good coaches in an area to get their kids to a good enough level where they compete against eachother and make one another better, but it all starts with coaching. Knoxville does not have the kids, because Knoxville doesn't have the coaches.

The fact of the matter and decent respectable person dose not call out a person that has done nothing, but give. You slammed Coach V's coaching ability , that is unacceptable, whether he was good or bad is not the point, it is having respect for people. Every time you say that coaches in Knoxville are no good you down a lot of good coaches. Bradley has a killer kids program, and people knocking on the door to come help out and they dont have to travel 2 hours to go to USA wrestling events. If you look at JUST knoxville alone there are so many schools that the student bodies are beginning to be cut thin, it is such a short drive from one school to another, kids go where there focus is best. If you wanna play baseball you go to Farragut, if you want to play football you go to Alcoa, if you want to run you go to Hardin Valley, and in Knoxville coaches of other sports try and make their kids be 1 sport athletes. I know at Karns the football coach to his players that they could go play another sport but they would not be starting the next year. The problem in Knoxville in with in the school administration, they dont push wrestling like they do other sports. Basketball has full reign of the gym. there are very few wrestling teams in knoxville that have legit wrestling rooms, most of them have to set up behind the bleachers in the balcony. Wrestling matches are never pushed by the administration so students dont go. when Hardin Valley and Karns were wrestling for the district finals the gym was almost empty. If that was for a disrtict Basketball game the gym would have been full. So my question to you mikescott, since you seem to know what good coaching and how to build a successful program. How do Knoxville coaches up interest in wrestling?

The fact of the matter and decent respectable person dose not call out a person that has done nothing, but give. You slammed Coach V's coaching ability , that is unacceptable, whether he was good or bad is not the point, it is having respect for people. Every time you say that coaches in Knoxville are no good you down a lot of good coaches. Bradley has a killer kids program, and people knocking on the door to come help out and they dont have to travel 2 hours to go to USA wrestling events. If you look at JUST knoxville alone there are so many schools that the student bodies are beginning to be cut thin, it is such a short drive from one school to another, kids go where there focus is best. If you wanna play baseball you go to Farragut, if you want to play football you go to Alcoa, if you want to run you go to Hardin Valley, and in Knoxville coaches of other sports try and make their kids be 1 sport athletes. I know at Karns the football coach to his players that they could go play another sport but they would not be starting the next year. The problem in Knoxville in with in the school administration, they dont push wrestling like they do other sports. Basketball has full reign of the gym. there are very few wrestling teams in knoxville that have legit wrestling rooms, most of them have to set up behind the bleachers in the balcony. Wrestling matches are never pushed by the administration so students dont go. when Hardin Valley and Karns were wrestling for the district finals the gym was almost empty. If that was for a disrtict Basketball game the gym would have been full. So my question to you mikescott, since you seem to know what good coaching and how to build a successful program. How do Knoxville coaches up interest in wrestling?

Interest is a problem everywhere. The UTC matches I've been to are crowded, but no where near a basketball or football game. Wrestling doesn't have to have fans driving their meets. I bet most good teams have very few people in the stands unless a big rivalry is taking place: McC and Baylor, Cleveland Bradley, etc. If a football coach made that statement about his players, the wrestling coach needs to grow a pair and call him out on that. The administration would not let a football coach pull that stunt.

So Karns is looking good anyone in particular looking good from the program?

Are there any other teams looking exceptional or is it pretty much just Karns?

EVERYONE IS AFRAID TO POST ANYTHING. THEY DO NOT WANT MIKESCOTT TO TELL THEM HOW BAD KNOXVILLE WRESTLING IS AND THAT WE SHOULD NOT BOTHER WRESTLING SINCE WE CAN'T BEAT HIXSON.

KNOXVILLE WRESTLING IS ALOT BETTER THAN WHEN I STARTED IN 1974. THERE WERE ONLY HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS, HALLS AND CARTER. NOW WE HAVE WRESTLING IN EVERY HIGH SCHOOL EXCEPT ONE. WE STILL "SUCK" (COMPARED TO CHATTOWN) AND HAVE NO SCHOOL SPONSERED MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS. BUT WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS.

WE STARTED THE CURRENT AAU PROGRAM TO GIVE US SOME TYPE OF FEEDER PROGRAM. I THINK IT HAS BEEN A BIG SUCCESS. IT IS A LOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE USE TO HAVE (NOTHING).

WHAT HAS MIKESCOTT DONE TO HELP BUILD WRESTLING IN HIS AREA?

THE ANIMAL

EVERYONE IS AFRAID TO POST ANYTHING. THEY DO NOT WANT MIKESCOTT TO TELL THEM HOW BAD KNOXVILLE WRESTLING IS AND THAT WE SHOULD NOT BOTHER WRESTLING SINCE WE CAN'T BEAT HIXSON.

KNOXVILLE WRESTLING IS ALOT BETTER THAN WHEN I STARTED IN 1974. THERE WERE ONLY HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS, HALLS AND CARTER. NOW WE HAVE WRESTLING IN EVERY HIGH SCHOOL EXCEPT ONE. WE STILL "SUCK" (COMPARED TO CHATTOWN) AND HAVE NO SCHOOL SPONSERED MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS. BUT WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS.

WE STARTED THE CURRENT AAU PROGRAM TO GIVE US SOME TYPE OF FEEDER PROGRAM. I THINK IT HAS BEEN A BIG SUCCESS. IT IS A LOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE USE TO HAVE (NOTHING).

THE ANIMAL

Now animal, no one is scared of Mike Scott. Knoxville may suck at wrestling, but you cannot put that on him.

THE ANIMAL

ANIMAL,

Is that one school still Carter, how about GP,have they started a program or not really consider then Knoxville? Just curious because I think it would be awesome to have a team called the Highlanders.

Now animal, no one is scared of Mike Scott. Knoxville may suck at wrestling, but you cannot put that on him.

A couple of things.

Knoxville does not " suck " at wrestling. Region 2 , particularly the old region 2 had their share of state medalists. What is true is the Knoxville area doesn't have many full teams of medal caliber wrestlers but there are quite a few teams having one or more very good wrestlers on them. After UT and the rest of the SEC ( south eastern cowards ) dropped wrestling then more lately Maryville college and Carson Newman followed suit, exceptional wrestlers really didn't/ don't have many options to get better. Having a college program nearby does help. This is still football country, so there is a cultural trend the area is bucking. If more youth football coaches become aware of how much wrestling can help a kid's football game there may be some additional growth just to aid football.

Mikesnott is a scarecrow still searching for the wizard.

A couple of things.

Knoxville does not " suck " at wrestling. Region 2 , particularly the old region 2 had their share of state medalists. What is true is the Knoxville area doesn't have many full teams of medal caliber wrestlers but there are quite a few teams having one or more very good wrestlers on them. After UT and the rest of the SEC ( south eastern cowards ) dropped wrestling then more lately Maryville college and Carson Newman followed suit, exceptional wrestlers really didn't/ don't have many options to get better. Having a college program nearby does help. This is still football country, so there is a cultural trend the area is bucking. If more youth football coaches become aware of how much wrestling can help a kid's football game there may be some additional growth just to aid football.

Mikesnott is a scarecrow still searching for the wizard.

"Suck" was not my description, I took that from the previous post.

There are several good coaches in the Knoxville area; Shannon Sayne at Halls; Tim Pittman at

Gibbs; Greg Foremen at Pigeon Forge; Brian Gossett at Alcoa; Coach Ridge at Greenback; Alex Cate at Seymour and I realize that I am leaving some peope out but I am doing this at the spur of the moment, so..

Thanks coach. :unsure: (couldn't find one that was crying)