Lawrence County @ Tullahoma

purple75gold

It may very well be something I ate but I will have to wait and see Friday night. I never once said anything about not respecting Tullahoma! The reason I only gave them 17 points is because I thought LCHS gave them one cheap TD at the end of the game trying to get a big play. I also thought one of the other TD's should have probably just been a field goal instead of a quick 6. That is how I came up with the 17. You and I both know it's simply a guess and has nothing to do with respect. I also think that T'town played one of their best games against LCHS last week. I have seen them play at least four games this year and last week was, in my opinion, their best. Again that is just my opinion and regardless if it was or wasn't I am sure you and the coaches are very proud of the your teams performance. I for one hope you and your team keep playing with those "numbers" and the LCHS bunch plays with "heart and pride"! If it will make you feel any better I will change my score: LCHS 28-21. I wouldn't want to mess the T'town scoring streak up. :roflol:

I would like to use another movie quote here but don't think I should. So, I'll let you fill in the blank. It's only funny if you've seen Eddie Murphy's Delirious from 1983 and say it like Eddie said it. Otherwise, it could be an insult and that is not my intent. Here is the quote: "HA HA, very funny _________." Either way, neither team is gonna lay down in this one.

Tough first round for Lawrence County. Tullahoma had a first round warm-up. What happens in the rematch?

An interesting tidbit from last Friday night. There were 17 rematches in the first round of the playoffs and the team that won the first game won 10 of the 17 rematches. I know, I've got too much time on my hands and this stat probably won't mean a thing this Friday night.

• Upvote 1

An interesting tidbit from last Friday night. There were 17 rematches in the first round of the playoffs and the team that won the first game won 10 of the 17 rematches. I know, I've got too much time on my hands and this stat probably won't mean a thing this Friday night.

I understand your dilemma......such a shame football is only played on Friday nights and only 10 games in a season! It gives a man way to much time between games. I did a little scratching around myself and found out that since 1969 Tullahoma holds a huge advantage as far as wins and losses. Unless I made a mistake, the record during this time is 31-8-1. Of course these records are from the past and we are very much so dealing with the present!

Edited by District8AAA

I understand your delima......such a shame football is only played on Friday nights and only 10 games in a season! It gives a man way to much time between games. I did a little scratching around myself and found out that since 1969 Tullahoma holds a huge advantage as far as wins and losses. Unless I made a mistake, the record during this time is 31-8-1. Of course these records are from the past and we are very much so dealing with the present!

That's why we call "the present" "present" because its "a gift" and Tullahoma has many "gifts" in team speed and big hearts. Tullahoma wins big. Good luck to both teams.

Tullahoma will try to take Garland and Izzary away and make the purple cats beat them in the air.Lots of man coverage,Lotta men in the box. tullahomas special teams will be better than Cleveland.No cheap or quick ones for LCHS. Still....I think the wildcats win this one.

You need to be more specific

You need to be more specific

I think what they are trying to say is this:

"Tullahoma’s defense was outstanding indeed, limiting the high-powered Lawrence Co. offense to only 160 yards, with 46 of those yards coming on one play. The visitors only completed one pass for seven yards, and the district’s leading rusher Trent Garland, who came in averaging 139 yards per game, was held to only 110 yards including the 46-yard gallop.

The Wildcat offense matched the defensive performance against a very tough and physical Lawrence Co. defense, racking up 328 yards of total offense led by QB Jared Davis, who completed 16-20 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns. Trey Burks led the rushing attack, with 58 of his 62 yards coming in the second half".

They think that Lawrence County cannot beat Tullahoma on the ground and they are going to have to pass the ball to win. The above article quotes are about as specific as anyone would need. Can LCHS run the ball? Can LCHS pass the ball? If Garland and gang can't run then they better be able to pass! I think that is what they are saying. I look for a different team come Friday night and expect this to be the game we were all expecting two weeks ago. Was that the "specific" you were looking for or was it which "Wildcat" team would win?

Edited by District8AAA

I think what they are trying to say is this:

"Tullahoma’s defense was outstanding indeed, limiting the high-powered Lawrence Co. offense to only 160 yards, with 46 of those yards coming on one play. The visitors only completed one pass for seven yards, and the district’s leading rusher Trent Garland, who came in averaging 139 yards per game, was held to only 110 yards including the 46-yard gallop.

The Wildcat offense matched the defensive performance against a very tough and physical Lawrence Co. defense, racking up 328 yards of total offense led by QB Jared Davis, who completed 16-20 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns. Trey Burks led the rushing attack, with 58 of his 62 yards coming in the second half".

They think that Lawrence County cannot beat Tullahoma on the ground and they are going to have to pass the ball to win. The above article quotes are about as specific as anyone would need. Can LCHS run the ball? Can LCHS pass the ball? If Garland and gang can't run then they better be able to pass! I think that is what they are saying. I look for a different team come Friday night and expect this to be the game we were all expecting two weeks ago. Was that the "specific" you were looking for or was it which "Wildcat" team would win?

Yeah I was pretty much just asking which wildcats he was referring to. Haha

The better the weather stays, the better chances Tullahoma has against a team like Lawrence County. Tullahoma won't be slinging around passes when the weather dips (White County does not count). Plus, Tullahoma has some good athletes. Mid 70s and sunny Friday. But Lawrence County still wins. Lawrence County 20, Tullahoma 17.

The better the weather stays, the better chances Tullahoma has against a team like Lawrence County. Tullahoma won't be slinging around passes when the weather dips (White County does not count). Plus, Tullahoma has some good athletes. Mid 70s and sunny Friday. But Lawrence County still wins. Lawrence County 20, Tullahoma 17.

Going off the 1st game, I would say that LC is very one demensional. One pass the entire game that they were trailing most of if not all. Not to good huh? I think Tullahoma has a running game they just choose to pass to set it up. Probably 50/50. Ill go with the team with the most options. Again! TULLAHOMA BIG.