Wayne Co vs. Nashville Christian

hooplove

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That too. You all are pretty confident which will make that much better when NCS stomps that butt.

Hey, you feel your team will win. We feel our team will when. I hope this game is a close game, cause to be honest. I don't care much for blow out games. Ya'll are confident which will make that much better to send ya'll with a lose and a long long ride home.

Anyway, to answer someones question on here earlier. Wayne Co. has a decent 0-line that gets the job down and is always, let me stress always, lookin for the ear hole shot. WC's run game is good but is not very dynamic. Although, do not over look #4 Clint Butler very quick and runs with good eyes and power. A.Rice takes the ball on some speed sweeps from time to time, but is very good at running the ball, other than that no one else really runs that much. The passing game...well, it has already be talked up, so enough said.

Now to WC's D. Our D-line is some of the best that I have seen all year(other than Chester Co.) Our LBs have been doin a real good job coming on in the end. Our secondary has been outstanding only falling short in one game against PC. Also, to answer another question. Yes, WC's starting D has only given up two scores to PC and MtP, but will throw in Lewis Co. All other teams have scored against our JV.

Disagree strongly.....Of course I'm a litte partial to WC, but try to be as objective as possible. I do believe we'll take care of business against NCS, but to say you're unimpressed is quite an overstatment. I didn't watch the whole JB/NCS game, but I did see enough to see some really good things from both teams. If we don't come to play against NCS, they'll keep it real close, and if we don't bring it against JB, it might not be pretty.

First, I never said that either team wasn't good or lacked talent. Obviously, both teams are good and have some talent, Jo Byrns especially. But I'll stick with my original statement, I wasn't impressed. Wayne County will have to play good to beat NC and even better to beat JB. The key to the game Friday night will be WC's defense. If we play D like we did against mTp then it'll be close, but if the D shows up then this one is not close. I'll save JB for next week.

First, I never said that either team wasn't good or lacked talent. Obviously, both teams are good and have some talent, Jo Byrns especially. But I'll stick with my original statement, I wasn't impressed. Wayne County will have to play good to beat NC and even better to beat JB. The key to the game Friday night will be WC's defense. If we play D like we did against mTp then it'll be close, but if the D shows up then this one is not close. I'll save JB for next week.

You must not watch too much 1A football if you weren't impressed with JB. I don't know what you were expecting but for 1A football JB is pretty dang good. You're not going to see a 6'5" QB, 6' 225lb RB's, 6'3 WR's 6'5" 320 lineman etc. I'd say go back and watch the game again and show me a player on JB's team that just looks weak/sorry. You won't find one. I won't sit here and say we've got a bunch of Patrick Willis or Hershel Walkers on our team but the players we do have are pretty dang good for 1A.

FYI I referenced Willis and Walker because both played 1A ball in high school.

Now to WC's D. Our D-line is some of the best that I have seen all year(other than Chester Co.) Our LBs have been doin a real good job coming on in the end. Our secondary has been outstanding only falling short in one game against PC. Also, to answer another question. Yes, WC's starting D has only given up two scores to PC and MtP, but will throw in Lewis Co. All other teams have scored against our JV.

You mean to tell me that in a 2 point (50-48) game, WC played its JV? Bc thats the only way PC couldve only put up 2 scores on your starters. Or did Rice throw a bunch of picks?

And what was it about MtP that was so hard to stop for WC? Did thy throw a lot of different looks at you, or did WC just not show up?

Great question cause thats really what its all about. Both teams have great players making big plays, but none of it possible without the big boys up front. NCS line, for the most part, has given Ogle (QB) all the time he needs to make the pass, or Weiss the hole to power through. I rarely recall anybody getting to Ogle this year. Obviously, JB did the best job against NCS line, but it was a pretty fair matchup. Depth is always the problem for NCS. Size wise, I don't know how they compare to WC. I can't think of a team they've played that is bigger than them (maybe Hillwood, possibly JB). Has anybody seen both NCS and WC play this year? Not on film, but seen both in person?

I saw both in person. Wayne County should not have a problem with NCS. WC will score early and often. With that said though, the team I thought was the best in District was Collinwood...who WC handled easily, then again-that's a rivalry game. As for Friday night, I predict WC over NCS by three touchdowns (more if they want it).

Rice has only thrown 2 picks all year and 1 of those was on the 1st play of the season on a deflected pass. WC's defense is not overpowering but have been able to keep teams from scoring a lot. Collinwood put up 48 points on Clarksville Ac. last Friday night was only able to put up 6 points on WC. MTP put up 50 on WHH Friday night and scored 28 on WC's defense but WC turned the ball over deep (20-25)once in which MTP converted quickly & turned it over very late around the 35 in which MTP converted it with about 1 min left in the game. NCS is not as fast as either of those teams.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

You must not watch too much 1A football if you weren't impressed with JB. I don't know what you were expecting but for 1A football JB is pretty dang good. You're not going to see a 6'5" QB, 6' 225lb RB's, 6'3 WR's 6'5" 320 lineman etc. I'd say go back and watch the game again and show me a player on JB's team that just looks weak/sorry. You won't find one. I won't sit here and say we've got a bunch of Patrick Willis or Hershel Walkers on our team but the players we do have are pretty dang good for 1A.

WOW! Look, I never said that JB wasn't good. I never said they had weak/poor players all I said was that I wasn't impressed. JB has a good team. BTW, all I watch is 1a football and I haven't missed a game in three years, only one or two in the five years previous to that.

Here's the thing, I've seen JB teams of the past and I don't think this one stacks up. You guys might win it all but in my estimation you, WC, PC SP are all on the same level and any team on any given week could beat the other.

Edited by WildcatGrad

WOW! Look, I never said that JB wasn't good. I never said they had weak/poor players all I said was that I wasn't impressed. JB has a good team. BTW, all I watch is 1a football and I haven't missed a game in three years, only one or two in the five years previous to that.

Here's the thing, I've seen JB teams of the past and I don't think this one stacks up. You guys might win it all but in my estimation you, WC, PC SP are all on the same level and any team on any given week could beat the other.

Well that's more like it!!! And none of those teams are unimpressive for 1A.

You mean to tell me that in a 2 point (50-48) game, WC played its JV? Bc thats the only way PC couldve only put up 2 scores on your starters. Or did Rice throw a bunch of picks?

And what was it about MtP that was so hard to stop for WC? Did thy throw a lot of different looks at you, or did WC just not show up?

Thats not what he said. He said PC and MTP were the only teams to score more than 1 touchdown on WC starters.

I havent seen anybody post on here that they were impressed with jb except jb.