MTP @ Mckenzie

Butchie

it is easy to build up a great record when u play nobody thank you for better making my point

Fri Aug. 20 #3 Camden Central L 14-23

Fri Aug. 27 at #12 Westview W 15-13

Fri Sep. 3 #14 Dresden D W 27-6

Fri Sep. 10 at Peabody W 20-12

Fri Sep. 17 Gleason D W 46-0

Fri Sep. 24 at #15 Humboldt W 18-15

Fri Oct. 1 West Carroll D W 48-6

Fri Oct. 8 #23 Trinity Christian W 18-7

Fri Oct. 15 at Hollow Rock-Bruceton D W 41-6

Fri Oct. 29 at Huntingdon D W 34-12

Weak schedule only two teams on our schedule are not still in the playoffs. :thumb:

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a cpl things

1.i never said anything about Mckenzie's season being a fluke..it is nvr a fluke when you play not very good teams weekend and weekout and you beat them by 40 that is what you are supposed to do.

2.and im not basing anything on the white house game...all i said about that is that if everyone in rebel nation was so sure we werent very good you wouldnt have made the long ride down here to watch 2 not very good teams play.

3.i nvr said Mckenzie didnt have a better record and statistics than mtp..if you read the statement i said it is easy to put #s up against those teams...Mckenzie is a above average team in a very below avg. region..

i nvr bashed Mckenzie or their supporters anyway so keep the insults coming it will only make it a sweeter victory

1. Who did you beat by 40???????

2. The reason we made the trip was to see what potential we might be facing, so when we left we all said it was a wasted drive....

3. What Region are you in??????? and as long as you post these kind of comments, the insults will keep coming....

Edited by McKRebelDad

you got that right, people that ain't from here don't know it but i'm gonna clue ya'll in. MT.PLEASANT FOOTBALL IS A RELIGION, and you Mckenzie boys are gonna be taught bible school friday night! hahaha But seriously Coach Smith has hyped this town up for a while now and we believe in our boys as much as ya'll do in your boys, but for real bring yourself some crying towels, Mckenzie is going down!

Clue us in please......we will show you football passion, about 3000 worth, Friday night.

It's kinda hard to compare the offense from '07 to '10. With Marco he was a threat to take it to the house on each and every play. This years offense is more like a pound you type O. This year mTp throws the ball a bit more than '07. But again when you had Marco you hardly ever needed to throw the ball. O Line back in '07 was a bit better, lil bit bias there because one of the lineman was mine. mTp QB this year will also run the ball when he gets in trouble or if it is designed draw. He has quick feet and if gets in open field he wil lbe hard to catch. Receivers really do not stand out but each of them can catch and run the ball well. I will say that this years defense is a bit better than '07 though. Everyone on defense seems to be more energized. #19 & #50 are the leaders of that bunch. Special teams will have to be put on the '07 team, '07 kicker and puter was one of the best ever at mTp.

I will say this, mTp should be sitting with a record of 10-1 right now. Only lose being to Perry County. Anyone that has not seen Jacob Tucker of PC play is missing out on a good football player. mTp should have beat Wayne Co. mTp fumbled the ball on the first posession on the opening kick off with WC scoring. Then they gave up a long td pass as the first half came to a close. Many will also say that mTp got away from the running game too. Cascade loss was without the starting qb. I beleive if he had played the result would be totally different.

If the mTp team that played Lewis Co, Spring Hill, Wayne Co and Perry Co Friday night will be exciting. If the team that played aganist Cornersville, Loretto or Richland it could be a very long night for the Tiger faithful.

Yes, I'll be at the flag pole during pregame and hope to meet up with some of the Rebel faithful. I may be able to get some of the mTp Coach "T" folks to show. If not I'll be there.

Sounds like this could shape into a interesting game. Don't really know much about MTP this year that's why I asked. Maybe we will get the second part of your post to show up Friday night...lol Like I said earlier, our strong point is the D this year, but O is very capable of grinding it out. No real quick strike capabilities, just the old fashion 12-15 play drives that will eat up a bunch of clock. That is one reason we really have not put up alot of points on the board. Coach likes to get the led and then just eat up the clock with those methodical old school drives. One of these days we going to open it up which hopefully we will do this week.

Look forward to meeting you at the pole.

Fri Aug. 20 #3 Camden Central L 14-23

Fri Aug. 27 at #12 Westview W 15-13

Fri Sep. 3 #14 Dresden D W 27-6

Fri Sep. 10 at Peabody W 20-12

Fri Sep. 17 Gleason D W 46-0

Fri Sep. 24 at #15 Humboldt W 18-15

Fri Oct. 1 West Carroll D W 48-6

Fri Oct. 8 #23 Trinity Christian W 18-7

Fri Oct. 15 at Hollow Rock-Bruceton D W 41-6

Fri Oct. 29 at Huntingdon D W 34-12

Weak schedule only two teams on our schedule are not still in the playoffs. :thumb:

Yeah, that was a silly post on his part. 1/2 those teams would give MP trouble. Camden and Westview definately. Peabody and Humboldt as well. I think they are better than Dresden. I think McKenzie are a little off too though. Not as much as some MP fans though. haha. The truth often hurts. I still think MP can win though.

1. Who did you beat by 40???????

2. The reason we made the trip was to see what potential we might be facing, so when we left we all said it was a wasted drive....

3. What Region are you in??????? and as long as you post these kind of comments, the insults will keep coming....

Really? McKenzie has faced far more talented, superior QBs I'm sure. He will not even get a sniff at the endzone this game, will he? And those little scat backs are a joke right? what's the score 48-0 McKenzie. Right? Funny thing is that if MP turns the ball over, then it really could be pretty bad, but they could win too. Life really is that complicated. Its kind of like gene expression and disease. Messy stuff. Biology is rarely pristine and neat. It can be miserable to study at times, but reveals intense beauty as well. It's messy and exquisitely complicated. Football games take on a life of their own. MP is good enough to win, but Mckenzie is the favorite. That's my best generalization.

Edited by wuzMP63