Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Yep, looks great :thumb: Hmmm to be honest I'm not sure running out of a inflatable Tornado thingy would look quite as nice :unsure: but you have to admit that the National Weather Service Tornado Warning and "Too Hype" is pretty sweet :rolleyes:

No doubt, we can't match "Too Hype". I must tell you that my son who plays for the Warriors gets "hyped" up just listening to it. In fact, most of our guys like it and a couple of them can recite it, not sure where they got the lyrics. Your Tornado Warning is perfect and I love it. Reminds me of the Cyclone Wind Noise played at Betsy. We seem to have copied that a little with our Air Raid Warning, but somebody didn't add any words to it, just the sound. I'll see if we can't improve on that...always trying to close the gap on your Tornadoes :D

Picking up on one of the Polk fans' stats, here's how it breaks down.

QB Allen #12(6-1 215) 11 YPC

Wingback Lee #22(5-8 175) 14 YPC

Powerback Saxe #39(6-0 205)8.2 YPC

RB Mull #33(5-8 160)7.6 YPC

Impressive stats! The Warriors will have to be on their game to slow down the Polk running attack. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. At times, particularly earlier in the year, the run defense was not as good as expected. But I have seen some marked improvement in a number of recent games. There are a lot of opinions out there about how these two teams with contrasting styles match up. In just about 52 hours we will know!

AirRaid_BigCityGames_Poster_F.jpg

Nice :thumb: Just in time for Veterans Day too.

The Epperly kid was injured and sat out the Loudon game, so I haven't seen him play this year. However, if he is starting in front of the sophomore that played against Loudon, he must be good.

quinn is very good and that's due to his hard work. having known him for awhile i've been impressed with how he has really stepped it up these past couple years and has had a great work ethic. i still remember coach bradley showing us a film of peyton manning practicing and how he practices like it's a game and sure enough quinn did the exact same thing that practice. haha since i'm sure he's gonna read this it all started and it was the secret to his success was his bleached hair. BRING THE HAIR BACK QUINN!!!!!!!!!!! this will be an exciting matchup and i know the warriors regardless of who they are playing will play hard knows football and will hit you hard for 4 quarters and wont let up and they only way you're gonna beat them is to truly come out and play perfect cause cak plays with heart and a lot of it. looking for a warrior win go get em guys i'll be pulling for ya and i know yall will win

Polk is not yet worthy of my time for Photoshopping.

I don't care if Al Bundy himself comes back and suits up for Polk...There is NO way they beat the Warriors.

Now run tell that.

How dare you smear the pristine reputation of one of our communities living legends. This man is Rocky Balboa, General George Patton, and Emmitt Smith all rolled into one. Every where he goes he is mobbed by fans ,from all over the world, to hear his stories. I have provided a few of these stories for the enjoyment and inspiration of you Alcoa fans.

Edited by polkalumni

No doubt, we can't match "Too Hype". I must tell you that my son who plays for the Warriors gets "hyped" up just listening to it. In fact, most of our guys like it and a couple of them can recite it, not sure where they got the lyrics. Your Tornado Warning is perfect and I love it. Reminds me of the Cyclone Wind Noise played at Betsy. We seem to have copied that a little with our Air Raid Warning, but somebody didn't add any words to it, just the sound. I'll see if we can't improve on that...always trying to close the gap on your Tornadoes :D

Well they (whoever they might be)say that imitation is the best form of flattery. Anyway the gap will close soon enough :thumb:

Ok I have been slacking this year as far as posts, but you know what I thought I would post my thoughts on this one. First of all I do not get to attend this one, and I am highly upset,but anywho lets see. All I ever here from the "speed oriented" or "pass oriented" teams is "oh Polk is a power team they can't keep up with our speed" or "our receivers our two good for them." Want examples posts from this year and last year's South Pitt games (both of which we one fairly easily) , or last years McMinn Central game (we beat them 48-12). Fact of the matter is we play with heart, and determination, and when you have those things and some of the best coaching in the state you can beat these finesse teams with a power team. Am I worried CAK will beat us? Sure I am. Am I worried they will kill us? Not at all. To all of you CAK/Alcoa fans that I have seen on here I would take Polk over you two any day, and I would because we play well against teams that rely on speed or finesse. There are very few teams that does what Polk does, and when Polk faces a team that plays similar football to them they struggle. Honestly, I am more scared of Loudon than I am CAK or Alcoa. It is not that Loudon is better it is that they play our kind of football. Which is something we struggle with. You best believe Coach Derrick will have CAK pretty much nailed down by Friday, and if Polk executes his game plans Polk will be headed back to Benton with a victory.

Also, to all the people posting about our scrimmages earlier. Polk has for as long as I remembered played poorly in pre-season scrimmages. I can't peg it right as to why, but example last year and this year we scrimmaged South Pitt. In the pre-season scrimmages we got killed, but I do believe they had their Pirate rule reversed on them this year in the regular season. Also, last year we had a 27-0 first half lead, and won 36-28. What I am trying to say is pre-season really doesn't factor into this match up AT ALL. Honestly, the regular season doesn't matter much. Friday night is going to come down to who wants it more, and honestly CAK better factor in them turnovers cause Polk likes to feast, and Mr. Hargrove will come up big all night in the backfield. Our offense is no push over either, and trust me when I say this, your defense will look like Middle school kids by the end of the night.

Lastly, Whoever posted the picture of Coach D being carried off the field, and gave the Polk kids crap for it, I feel sorry for whichever team you pull for. I feel this way because your kids must not feel much passion for the game. They must be a bunch of selfish athletes that luckily enough had a good coach, and a big city to pull kids from. We do not enjoy that luxury, but we enjoy the luxury of family. Polk football players, coaches, and fans are like one big family. Honestly, I know every player personally, as does most of the town, and excuse us for carrying our coach off the field. In a town where we actually care about our team, and our players actually see our coach as a father figure I guess that's what you see. Sorry we aren't some city school with a bunch of preppy private school kids who play for themselves and nothing else.

No that I let that out,

Polk-35

CAK-28

Only a touchdown decides this one.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED