Fairview (10-1) @ Milan (10-1)

Bulldog Fan #2

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like?

• Fairview
    • Milan

Now here here.....you know Swingjuice is the "Mouth" of the west. Camden is just the team with the best record in the west along with Northside of course. Think we will let the talking be settled on the field of battle by the players. We really have no bearing on the game what so ever.

Yeah...but you keep barking like a porchdog....come on out and beat those Milan sissies as you call them.

I can feel the choke already.....narrows the passageway and causes outright embarassment

Just for the record...what is Camden's record vs Milan????? i never knew or heard

Just got back in from the game and here is what I think is a fair summary of the game.

Milan took advantage of Fairview turnovers all night. 1st Milan TD was set up by a fumble inside the 20. FG added after a Fairview interception, and TD after a Fairview fumble on the kick return. Then Milan had another short field TD after a miscommunication on the punt team of Fairview's. You can't turnover the ball that much and expect to win. The Milan defense was the cause of most of those. Then throw in the refs blowing a false start call on 4 and 3 for Milan allowing for another TD, instead of what would of been a probable FG.

Fairview put itself in too many long distance situations with bad snaps that led to 2nd and 3rd and longs. The score was 24-20 Milan late in the 3rd and Fairview had the ball inside the Milan 45 and could not convert a 4th and 3.

I hope those posters who said this would not be a game will come on here and admit they were wrong about this Fairview team and the game. Fairview was undersized, but played with what many posters on here believe is the West Tennessee representative in the BCB in Cookeville. The score may not indicate it, but Fairview had its chance to win this game, and anyone there knows this.

Some of those penalties on Milan were late in the game with their young guys, they had a couple of pass interference penalties on # 80 of Fairview. The Crew tonight was terrible, taking too long to blow plays dead, which may of lead to the Milan turnover. Missing obvious false starts that change the entire momentum of the game.

Congrats to the Bulldogs, and to the Yellow Jackets and the seniors on the Fairview squad. This team exceeded expectations and only graduates 9 seniors, so the Jackets will have a say in the playoffs the next couple of seasons.

Also, I hope # 86 is healthy. I hate to see any player taken off on a stretcher.

Just got back in from the game and here is what I think is a fair summary of the game.

Milan took advantage of Fairview turnovers all night. 1st Milan TD was set up by a fumble inside the 20. FG added after a Fairview interception, and TD after a Fairview fumble on the kick return. Then Milan had another short field TD after a miscommunication on the punt team of Fairview's. You can't turnover the ball that much and expect to win. The Milan defense was the cause of most of those. Then throw in the refs blowing a false start call on 4 and 3 for Milan allowing for another TD, instead of what would of been a probable FG.

Fairview put itself in too many long distance situations with bad snaps that led to 2nd and 3rd and longs. The score was 24-20 Milan late in the 3rd and Fairview had the ball inside the Milan 45 and could not convert a 4th and 3.

I hope those posters who said this would not be a game will come on here and admit they were wrong about this Fairview team and the game. Fairview was undersized, but played with what many posters on here believe is the West Tennessee representative in the BCB in Cookeville. The score may not indicate it, but Fairview had its chance to win this game, and anyone there knows this.

Some of those penalties on Milan were late in the game with their young guys, they had a couple of pass interference penalties on # 80 of Fairview. The Crew tonight was terrible, taking too long to blow plays dead, which may of lead to the Milan turnover. Missing obvious false starts that change the entire momentum of the game.

Congrats to the Bulldogs, and to the Yellow Jackets and the seniors on the Fairview squad. This team exceeded expectations and only graduates 9 seniors, so the Jackets will have a say in the playoffs the next couple of seasons.

Also, I hope # 86 is healthy. I hate to see any player taken off on a stretcher.

A decent assessment. I don't completely agree though. Except for the drive in the 3rd quarter that put Fairview within 4, I don't think anyone was ever nervous from Milan about this game. Even with Milan looking out of sync at times, the game seemed in control. Don't forget, Fairview's 1st score was on a botched on side kick in the 1st quarter. I think the ball went a total of 1 yard. Fairview played great, but honestly the game was in hand. I don't mean that we could have played the sophomores early or anything, but we were able to keep them at bay. Fairview was a good team for sure, but I think it was obvious that Milan was the superior team last night.

Thanks Gerry - #86 is ok. He was released from the hospital and actually came by the field house late last night. Hopefully he will have no long term affects from the injury last night.

When you guys cut it to 24-20, I will admit I was nervous. I thought we had let you guys hang around and now we were back in a tight game. When it was 24-7 I thought it might be a blowout but it didn't happen. You guys fought hard for sure, just like I remember 3 - 4 years ago when you upset Camden. The refs definitely missed the call on the 4th down play. But I will say from my standpoint they spent the rest of the night trying to make it up to Fairview. Good luck next year with the Yellow Jackets!! The Dawgs will need to play much better to get past the Lions next week.

Should have asked if you were coming - would've liked to have met you. Appreciate the contest you run every year.

Fairview made it respectable. I agree Milan is the much better team. Do you think Milan took Fairview alittle light last night. I agree I don't think Fairview made Milan in the panic mode at anytime during the game. Milan looked flat and not very sharp last night. 14 Pent. wow. Fairview was outmatched. That being said Fairview looks to have a good future in store for them. They gained good experience playing Milan, much more than playing in their district did for them. They (through no fault of their own) didn't have much challenge during the regular season district play. Only one team (which they lost)Giles was a deceit team, not great but okay. One of the stat pack thought the score would be worse, that Fairview would lose by 35 I think what he wrote, 18 is still a convincing win. Milan better have their "A" game this coming Friday, Camden looks to have the pieces falling into play at the right time. Best of luck to Milan , although 4 of the 5 stat pack members are pulling for Camden, just because of the class that they showed last year, not just the coaches and team but their supporters. Good luck!

Fairview made it respectable. I agree Milan is the much better team. Do you think Milan took Fairview alittle light last night. I agree I don't think Fairview made Milan in the panic mode at anytime during the game. Milan looked flat and not very sharp last night. 14 Pent. wow. Fairview was outmatched. That being said Fairview looks to have a good future in store for them. They gained good experience playing Milan, much more than playing in their district did for them. They (through no fault of their own) didn't have much challenge during the regular season district play. Only one team (which they lost)Giles was a deceit team, not great but okay. One of the stat pack thought the score would be worse, that Fairview would lose by 35 I think what he wrote, 18 is still a convincing win. Milan better have their "A" game this coming Friday, Camden looks to have the pieces falling into play at the right time. Best of luck to Milan , although 4 of the 5 stat pack members are pulling for Camden, just because of the class that they showed last year, not just the coaches and team but their supporters. Good luck!

Possibly, Fairview was a little quicker than I thought they would be. Could see them being a tough out in the future. Also, impressive crowd support for the Yellow Jackets. Good turnout and stayed till the end.

When you guys cut it to 24-20, I will admit I was nervous. I thought we had let you guys hang around and now we were back in a tight game. When it was 24-7 I thought it might be a blowout but it didn't happen. You guys fought hard for sure, just like I remember 3 - 4 years ago when you upset Camden. The refs definitely missed the call on the 4th down play. But I will say from my standpoint they spent the rest of the night trying to make it up to Fairview. Good luck next year with the Yellow Jackets!! The Dawgs will need to play much better to get past the Lions next week.

I think one reason that Milan looked flat and out of sync was because of the physical Fairview defense. From game film I watch on Milan, many teams would back down from Milan and let them manhandle them. That was not the case last night as Milan earned every yard they gained.

I agree that the refs try to make up for that call, but the damage was done. After that missed call the Bulldogs carried momentum to a 24-7 lead, which is tough to overcome against a good team. The ref said he moved and was set. I hate when the crew is worried more about the sideline than what is happening on the field. 5 of Milan's penalties came on the last drive with the young guys in.

I felt like Murphy's law was on display for the Jackets in the first half. After every big Fairview play, Milan responded causing a turnover. The fumbled kickoff was a great hustle play by the Bulldog player and was the first time # 80 was caught from behind.

gobulldogs, the reason I will not support Milan after this round is because of fans like yourself. The cocky, arrogant, pompous attitude of some Milan fans really gets under my skin. How can you say Milan fans never thought this game was in jeopardy. You guys scored on a short field 3 times last night. The only short field Fairview got was on a botched onside kick, your coach knew the risk when he called it. But I am sorry, I cannot stomach hearing people not give credit to a team that deserves. Bulldog Fan # 2 get a bad name cause of people like you gobulldogs.

I think one reason that Milan looked flat and out of sync was because of the physical Fairview defense. From game film I watch on Milan, many teams would back down from Milan and let them manhandle them. That was not the case last night as Milan earned every yard they gained.

I agree that the refs try to make up for that call, but the damage was done. After that missed call the Bulldogs carried momentum to a 24-7 lead, which is tough to overcome against a good team. The ref said he moved and was set. I hate when the crew is worried more about the sideline than what is happening on the field. 5 of Milan's penalties came on the last drive with the young guys in.

I felt like Murphy's law was on display for the Jackets in the first half. After every big Fairview play, Milan responded causing a turnover. The fumbled kickoff was a great hustle play by the Bulldog player and was the first time # 80 was caught from behind.

gobulldogs, the reason I will not support Milan after this round is because of fans like yourself. The cocky, arrogant, pompous attitude of some Milan fans really gets under my skin. How can you say Milan fans never thought this game was in jeopardy. You guys scored on a short field 3 times last night. The only short field Fairview got was on a botched onside kick, your coach knew the risk when he called it. But I am sorry, I cannot stomach hearing people not give credit to a team that deserves. Bulldog Fan # 2 get a bad name cause of people like you gobulldogs.

I agree with your assessment of the game. I listened on the radio and can tell you the radio crew for Milan was getting nervous about the game. Fairview's 4th down play was a big momentum changer for the game. The only issue I had with Fairview were the unforced errors and the inability to get a play called. Being forced to use all 3 time-outs so early had to be frustrating for the coaches. Losing #80 Hunter Branch will be a big loss for the jackets but they have a great nucleus of young players returning. Don't pay attention to gobulldogs there are always fans like him. If Milan loses to Camden he will be the first to claim they were robbed or complain about the coach. As coach Rewis used to say: "You have to understand fans like Gobulldogs they are undefeated 0 wins, 0 losses, 0 ties"

Edited by Buckeye42
  • Upvote 1

I agree with your assessment of the game. I listened on the radio and can tell you the radio crew for Milan was getting nervous about the game. Fairview's 4th down play was a big momentum changer for the game. The only issue I had with Fairview were the unforced errors and the inability to get a play called. Being forced to use all 3 time-outs so early had to be frustrating for the coaches. Losing #80 Hunter Branch will be a big loss for the jackets but they have a great nucleus of young players returning. Don't pay attention to gobulldogs there are always fans like him. If Milan loses to Camden he will be the first to claim they were robbed or complain about the coach. As coach Rewis used to say: "You have to understand fans like Gobulldogs they are undefeated 0 wins, 0 losses, 0 ties"

Good post.

Because of the winning tradition and the recent success of the Bulldogs, sometimes Milan fans can be or seem arrogant or cocky. Not making an excuse but its true. I cant speak for everyone but a majority of smack talk on this board is just that. All teams regardless of region, district or record should be treated with respect. These kids go to school during the day, practice in the afternoons and give their all on Friday nights. No fans behavior can take away from the effort that these kids make.

As far as the Fairview game, I did get nervous when the score was 24-20. The reason was because no one has put up more than 15pts against us all year and those 15pts were in a loss against Westview. Milan did score on a short field 3 times and Fairview only once but the Dogs earned short field position with good defense and being able to capitalize on the Yellow Jackets mistakes. Despite the short field, Milan offense almost doubled the offensive yardage by Fairview. Both teams played well, my respect to Fairview and maybe we meet again next season.

Well thank you Gerry. I was not trying to be arrogant. You are correct. We did score on short fields. Short fields that we created. Not every turnover is bad offense. The D has something to do with it. We controlled the game from start to finish. You can not deny that. That is all I am saying. Look at the break down in yardage. We almost doubled you guys. I was in no way trying to say Fairview is not good, but except for about 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter nobody was nervous. And for that matter, the nervousness did not last long as Milan responded quickly. I am sorry that you feel the way you do. Next time I will play the part of Lou Holtz. Let see. It should go something like this: Man I am so glad we were able to squeak out this win. I guess we were just lucky. Does that make you feel better? I don't know what else to do. You gave your thoughts and I gave mine.

I have read my original post about 5 times now, and I still have no idea why some people are upset. I said nothing disrespectful about Fairview as a team, or about individual players. I gave them credit. I said they were a good team. I simply stated that the better team won, and that the game seemed like Milan was in control except for early in the 3rd quarter. Would someone please explain how in the world this is upsetting some people?