AC vs. Powell

oppressed238

Great season powell! I'm really proud of how y'all played this season. It was rough watching those first 3 quarters but y'all showed tons and tons of heart towards the end. Too bad y'all can't make state but y'all had one heckuva run this year. I'm now gonna root that anderson county wins state. That way we can at least say we lost to the champs...and that was an excellent game by anderson county. I thought they would beat us through thr air but they actually jus ran it down our throats. Over and over again. Good luck anderson county. Y'all have definitely earned some respect from this proud panther fan!

On the respect issue, Powell already had the Mavericks respect! Powell has no reason to hang any head down. There are good teams and there are Great teams. Powell is a Great team! :thumb:

Top dogs fought it out correct; would not go as far to say weak region in "East Tennessee" :popcorneater:

There are a couple of teams that are down (Halls & Central), but i wouldnt say this is a weak region. There is alot of history and tradition in this district with teams like Halls, Central, Powell, AC, and Clinton....i just cant wait to see all of these teams back to where they used to be, everybody will be talking about how tough this district will be then. :thumb:

HTV,

Again didnt mean to stir the pot up with you. Talking about the history of PHS and ACHS gone back in the last 20 years. Lowe and Gilliam. Lowe had some issues I'm sure none were major, Gilliam played at AC but didnt he live at Campbell Co. LL and CD recruiting - dont know if they did or not but their was always talks about it. Even when LL was at Halls he was suposed to have recruited.

|Both teams had good years, both could have won this game, sorry Powell didn't come out on top. I always pull for the county teams.

HTV,

Again didnt mean to stir the pot up with you. Talking about the history of PHS and ACHS gone back in the last 20 years. Lowe and Gilliam. Lowe had some issues I'm sure none were major, Gilliam played at AC but didnt he live at Campbell Co. LL and CD recruiting - dont know if they did or not but their was always talks about it. Even when LL was at Halls he was suposed to have recruited.

|Both teams had good years, both could have won this game, sorry Powell didn't come out on top. I always pull for the county teams.

I know what you mean about pulling for the county teams, I do too! GO AC & OR!

Top dogs fought it out correct; would not go as far to say weak region in "East Tennessee" :popcorneater:

Was there ever any ?? about which two teams would be fighting it out from that district? Which other team(s) would stand a chance to advance if they had been given the chance? Good luck to AC but I think West has traveled had tougher road and because of that they will prevail. Good luck to you though.

Was there ever any ?? about which two teams would be fighting it out from that district? Which other team(s) would stand a chance to advance if they had been given the chance? Good luck to AC but I think West has traveled had tougher road and because of that they will prevail. Good luck to you though.

No you are correct about which teams likly would make playoffs. Still awaiting what the mavericks have planned out for West. Currently this match up is very interesting!

Powell was definitely the team to beat this season P93. I have to wonder as one poster already has, if Mobley playing would have been the difference or not. I felt all along even tho Powell's rb's were dangerous, the qb was deadly. Who knows?

I hope Mr. Mobley realizes the impact his behaviour had on his team, coaches, and community. I hope he learns from his mistakes and becomes a better person through this. I hope he returns full force next year and SETTLES the question of whether or not his presence would have made a difference this past Friday night. Good luck to him.

That being said, AC CAME PREPARED. :thumb: The offensive and defensive lines were awesome. The coaches put in their time, did their homework, came out successful. Kudos to Hutson, McCoy, and Mayes. WAY TO RUN THE BALL!!! Loved the way Gillum mixed it up. One defining aspect of being a GOOD coach is the ability to adjust. Great job on achieving this on BOTH sides of the ball AC. Marlow and Shelley were forces to be reckoned with this past Friday, played lights out! Great job by ALL! Truly one of the most FUN football games I've ever attended!

AC played a great game, they had a great gameplan, and it's a shame that Powell looked flat and unfocused for 3 whole quarters. Every Powell fan knew that AC would come out focused and fired up, especially after what happened in the first meeting. Kudos to the AC coaching staff for developing a running game late in the regular season, because it made a huge difference in this game. I will admit, there was a huge penalty discrepancy in the game, just like the first meeting, but Powell dug their own grave, and AC took advantage.

I have to give Lowe a lot of credit for doing the right thing and keeping Mobley out of the game. He definitely stuck with the running game, even when a lot of fans were clammoring for the pass, and Powell really got rolling in the 4th quarter. As for Gillum, that was some gutsy play calling on that final drive. After the game clinching first down, I was shocked to see Williams still in the shotgun, especially after AC snapped one over his head earlier in the quarter.

Things got chippy after the game. There was an incident on the field involving both teams after the game, but from my seat, it just looked like taunting from both teams. I'm sure that emotions were running high, but there is no place for that in sports. On another note, I think Tanner Williams is a great talent and a good kid, but I'd love to see him just play his game without crying to the officials over a number of "missed" calls (saw this in both games versus Powell).

I do hope to see AC in Cookeville in a couple of weeks. West is going to be a tough test. They've been battle tested this year, much more than any team in our district, so be prepared.

AC played a great game, they had a great gameplan, and it's a shame that Powell looked flat and unfocused for 3 whole quarters. Every Powell fan knew that AC would come out focused and fired up, especially after what happened in the first meeting. Kudos to the AC coaching staff for developing a running game late in the regular season, because it made a huge difference in this game. I will admit, there was a huge penalty discrepancy in the game, just like the first meeting, but Powell dug their own grave, and AC took advantage.

I have to give Lowe a lot of credit for doing the right thing and keeping Mobley out of the game. He definitely stuck with the running game, even when a lot of fans were clammoring for the pass, and Powell really got rolling in the 4th quarter. As for Gillum, that was some gutsy play calling on that final drive. After the game clinching first down, I was shocked to see Williams still in the shotgun, especially after AC snapped one over his head earlier in the quarter.

Things got chippy after the game. There was an incident on the field involving both teams after the game, but from my seat, it just looked like taunting from both teams. I'm sure that emotions were running high, but there is no place for that in sports. On another note, I think Tanner Williams is a great talent and a good kid, but I'd love to see him just play his game without crying to the officials over a number of "missed" calls (saw this in both games versus Powell).

I do hope to see AC in Cookeville in a couple of weeks. West is going to be a tough test. They've been battle tested this year, much more than any team in our district, so be prepared.

I agree with you about Lowe doing the right thing, osunut2. Not always the easiest road to take. That being the right road. He has my respect for that. 99.99999 percent of the football coaches in his position, I'm sure would have taken a different road. At the end of the day, however, the main concern should ALWAYS be about the kid NOT the player.