AC vs. Powell

oppressed238

Oppressed, don't throw me into that category. I wouldn't dare. I have a feeling of who you are and know the support that person has for AC. Sorry if something I said earlier may have caused you to think I would.

Ok, AC has to play lights out. I am thrilled for this matchup for I truely believe AC will play them better. I was told that some kids said that they just didn't feel right. That could be nerves, heat, or who knows what. However, Powell had their race face on and took care of business. I believe this will be a better effort by AC simlply due to last night. Mo West set their defense up very close to what Powell did and had some success. AC adjusted, made plays, and came back believing they could win. I wish our kicker had gotten some fieldgoal attempts in the regular season to be a little more familar with trying to make one from some distance. We may need him to try again. I also was told last night that Powells big TE was out for the season. Is this true and is he one of those DE that crashed in on Tanner getting him somewhat out of his game?

Also saw where the Knoxville News Sentiel didn't think the AC/Mo West game was worth a story. Guess they feel AC will be a non issue in Powells title march.

Edited by colonel

Too bad one of these two team's season has to come to an end next friday night. I believe this will be a much better game than earlier in the season. I still believe AC will have to play an almost perfect game to pull out the win, but these are the playoffs and anything can happen. I just hope that which ever team wins this game goes on to the championship!

Edited by 92Dragon

Oppressed, don't throw me into that category. I wouldn't dare. I have a feeling of who you are and know the support that person has for AC. Sorry if something I said earlier may have caused you to think I would.

Ok, AC has to play lights out. I am thrilled for this matchup for I truely believe AC will play them better. I was told that some kids said that they just didn't feel right. That could be nerves, heat, or who knows what. However, Powell had their race face on and took care of business. I believe this will be a better effort by AC simlply due to last night. Mo West set their defense up very close to what Powell did and had some success. AC adjusted, made plays, and came back believing they could win. I wish our kicker had gotten some fieldgoal attempts in the regular season to be a little more familar with trying to make one from some distance. We may need him to try again. I also was told last night that Powells big TE was out for the season. Is this true and is he one of those DE that crashed in on Tanner getting him somewhat out of his game?

Also saw where the Knoxville News Sentiel didn't think the AC/Mo West game was worth a story. Guess they feel AC will be a non issue in Powells title march.

Colonel...there's a lot of folks around town have a suspicion of who I might be. It's sort of comical if you think about it. (Not in the least that it matters, of course.)

Powell IS a different team. ANDERSON COUNTY IS, ALSO!

True that, about our kicking game. Not sure about the DE from Powell. If so, though, I hope Tanner takes the experience from Friday night, builds on that and TAKES IT to Powell.

Love what Gillum and the Prices have done with incorporating the running game. The defence has a new ATTITUDE. I LIKE IT!!!

Should be a great game. Good Luck to both teams. May they both be injury free. GO MAVS!

P.S.....sounds like Knox News Sentinel needs to learn what I did years ago. NEVER underestimate the heart of a Maverick!lol

Edited by oppressed238

Too bad one of these two team's season has to come to an end next friday night. I believe this will be a much better game than earlier in the season. I still believe AC will have to play an almost perfect game to pull out the win, but these are the playoffs and anything can happen. I just hope that which ever team wins this game goes on to the championship!

Yeah, it'll be a shame to see one of these teams stay home after this Friday, 92D. I agree with you about AC having to play the perfect game. It'll be tough. I know AC's defense will be better prepared for Powell this time. And you are right. It's the playoffs...anything can happen. Would love to see AC REPRESENT.

It's funny. No one thinks (I'm speaking of mostly colleges) that east Tn hasn't any football talent to recruit. I, personally, would rather go see AC and Powell play this Friday night, as to go see any college closeby (Tn) play on Saturday afternoon. We might not have a "large" pool to draw from but I'll take east Tn. High School Football.... OVER ALL! :thumb:

I say if Anderson County is anything like they were last year, Powell sends them and their soccer mom fans back home Friday night. I saw them play in Columbia last year and they weren't very impressive. They got by on bad calls, otherwise it would have been a blow out.

I think the Mavericks Coach just laughed at what you said. You do not want any of the Mavericks! :rof: LOL good to hear from you again. Boy Columbia is really down this year! Most of the middle Tennessee teams are down. I cannot think of any of them beating Anderson County or Powell. This game this week could very well decide who wins the state! "Lets Get It On"

I say if Anderson County is anything like they were last year, Powell sends them and their soccer mom fans back home Friday night. I saw them play in Columbia last year and they weren't very impressive. They got by on bad calls, otherwise it would have been a blow out.

Little purple bobbie bucks has again inserted his small-minded self where it doesn't belong. Imagine that. Funny how he still hasn't a clue after almost a year. You ever been IQ tested, little purple bobbie bucks? If so, no doubt it was a big FAIL just like your miserable life :thumb: And we all see you still got your cheatin' refs over in Columbia -- you won a playoff game :thumb:

Edited by MavMaximus

Little purple bobbie bucks has again inserted his small-minded self where it doesn't belong. Imagine that. Funny how he still hasn't a clue after almost a year. You ever been IQ tested, little purple bobbie bucks? If so, no doubt it was a big FAIL just like your miserable life :thumb: And we all see you still got your cheatin' refs over in Columbia -- you won a playoff game :thumb:

Go get him MavMax LOL :hungry:

BobBBucks, are you talking about the game last year where Columbia won by 2 points in the final seconds ( Wasn't anywhere close to a blow out)? Are you talking about the game last year where the AC head coach verbally chastised the head ref at the conclusion of the game for there calls and a Columbia coach/police officer sprinted the width of the field (within a few feet of the AC sidelines)then chest bumped Coach Guilliam? The coach/officer didn't seem too upset with the ref's penalty calling to want to protect them that much. I'm wondering how much you Columbia people take your "Home Field advantage" with a Police Officer coaching on the sidelines. Think the refs are a little influenced by his presence there? PLEASE!

Either way the ball rolls next Friday I really hope everyone can look past the results and root for whichever team wins as they continue deeper into the playoffs... I for one will be an AC fan if they beat Powell. So lets keep this week classy and good luck to both teams!

PS: My view of the game will come on Thursday!

Either way the ball rolls next Friday I really hope everyone can look past the results and root for whichever team wins as they continue deeper into the playoffs... I for one will be an AC fan if they beat Powell. So lets keep this week classy and good luck to both teams!

PS: My view of the game will come on Thursday!

Same her!! And yes I ask the Coach Last night to close off all practices gates, helicopters and cams. LOL mix it up keep Powell guessing all night. Put an injunction on all maverick team film request. Kady bar the door! Look out East Tennessee this is going to be a barn burner!! I would really like to put a curfew on you!! :rolleyes: The Mavericks are Hungry !!! Real Hungry :hungry::thumb: