AAA 2011 Boys Season

Daverodg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think its officially safe to start predicting the men's season! Who will be the strengths this year? Teams weakened compared to last year? Teams to watch out for? Heck, who are the frontrunners for the state tournament?

I like brentwood's chances of winning the state tourney

• 2 weeks later...

clear fav is hendersonville of course but watch out for station camp as always

I agree on Hendersonville, but SC? we're talking state contenders here, not district.

Contender wise, there may be at least 1 from the West...the Mid-state contenders will probably be Hendersonville, Ravenwood and Brentwood... the East will probably still have Bearden and Farragut in the mix even though Farragut lost such a huge class. The East powers seem to be down compared to previous years, which could leave way for a dark horse. Im expecting a few upsets to come out of East TN this year.

I agree on Hendersonville, but SC? we're talking state contenders here, not district.

Contender wise, there may be at least 1 from the West...the Mid-state contenders will probably be Hendersonville, Ravenwood and Brentwood... the East will probably still have Bearden and Farragut in the mix even though Farragut lost such a huge class. The East powers seem to be down compared to previous years, which could leave way for a dark horse. Im expecting a few upsets to come out of East TN this year.

It's called my opinion. I know we are talking about state I think hville will win it again but sc is the only who does challenge them write it down so im putting them in as well.

The two state tourney reps from the west should be Collierville and White Station again, don't rule out Houston and Memphis Central. Collierville should be back with Coach Gillespie's return, while White Station should be strong having lost only 3 seniors. Houston will have a young talented team, and Central will be stronger after losing to C'ville 3-2 in the Region 8 semi's last season. Middle TN should be a dog-fight as always. Out East, watch for Science Hill to challenge the Knoxville schools for a spot in the last 8. Whatever happens, it should be a great season!

• 1 month later...