Giles County Coach

Clay

Most of the "yapping" I have heard is from Giles Co.people. I believe this is on a Giles Co. thread not a L.C. thread.

If David wants to come, then we will welcome him with open arms, if not then we will find another quality coach that wants the job, might already be on the staff now, who knows. The main reason for all the talk is the fact that the job is now open, David and the majority of his staff are from L.C., played at L.C. and I believe still live here. It is just natural that someone might want to go back home if given the chance to coach where they went to school and played. I believe that David and his staff have way too much respect for coach Thompson to comment on anything about that until he made it official.

We should all know something before christmas, as far as who gets the job.

Actually you are correct but they work in Lincoln County where they receive info on Falcon changes and return to Giles to spread their new found information.

The first game of the season will be a good one for both schools. Unlike Marshall & Lawrence, we enjoy mingling with LC folks. If LC had wanted OC they should have gone after him & Joe BEFORE they came to Giles but we both knew at the time they were not the "chosen ones" don't we? I think they stay at Giles with the Osteen brothers and Coach B. Their stock will keep rising fast at Giles. Can you say the same if they go to LC? :popcorneater:

Agreed WOMG. An idiot began this three while we were still in the playoffs. Clearly knowing it could only serve as a distrction.

OC and the staff are all wonderfull coaches and and all around great guys. Hands down the best Giles has ever had.

I have always been a big believer in a man doing what he thinks is right. The whole staff... Big Joe...Osteen....Coach B.....Hicman......Jennings .....Shirey......The boys seem to love them all......and everyone here wants them to hang arond....but a confidence comes in knowing here is where they want to be.

Agreed WOMG. An idiot began this three while we were still in the playoffs. Clearly knowing it could only serve as a distrction.

OC and the staff are all wonderfull coaches and and all around great guys. Hands down the best Giles has ever had.

I have always been a big believer in a man doing what he thinks is right. The whole staff... Big Joe...Osteen....Coach B.....Hicman......Jennings .....Shirey......The boys seem to love them all......and everyone here wants them to hang arond....but a confidence comes in knowing here is where they want to be.

:thumb: Does anyone know what kind of money Doc makes at Giles? Is Lincoln County willing to pay him more? Would Doc consider more money verus home cooking? Could there be a school further north that would pay more? Questions that only one person can answer and I don't think he reads CoachT. :thumb:

O'Connor did some amazing things at Giles from 2006-2010. If he stays they'll continue to win. If he leaves then who knows? One thing is for sure..........HE SAVED A FOOTBALL PROGRAM THAT WAS LEFT FOR DEAD PRIOR TO HIS ARRIVAL!

2006: 11-2 (Quarterfinals of TSSAA State Playoffs: lost to David Lipscomb)

2007: 8-3 (1st Round of TSSAA State Playoffs: lost to Bolivar Central)

2008: 10-3 (Quarterfinals of TSSAA State Playoffs: lost to David Lipscomb)

2009: 14-1 (District 12-AA Champions & STATE CHAMPIONS)

2010: 9-3 (District 12-AA Champions & 2nd Round Playoff Appearance: lost to David Lipscomb)

OVERALL: 52-12 in 5 years with a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

2005: 4-6

2004: 1-9

2003: 2-8

2002: 2-8

2001: 5-5

2000: 3-8

1999: 6-5

1998: 4-7

1997: 2-8

OVERALL: 29-64 in previous 9 years (1994-1995-1996 was Giles last run of success prior to O'Connor's arrival as head football coach)

O'Connor did some amazing things at Giles from 2006-2010. If he stays they'll continue to win. If he leaves then who knows? One thing is for sure..........HE SAVED A FOOTBALL PROGRAM THAT WAS LEFT FOR DEAD PRIOR TO HIS ARRIVAL!

2006: 11-2 (Quarterfinals of TSSAA State Playoffs: lost to David Lipscomb)

2007: 8-3 (1st Round of TSSAA State Playoffs: lost to Bolivar Central)

2008: 10-3 (Quarterfinals of TSSAA State Playoffs: lost to David Lipscomb)

2009: 14-1 (District 12-AA Champions & STATE CHAMPIONS)

2010: 9-3 (District 12-AA Champions & 2nd Round Playoff Appearance: lost to David Lipscomb)

OVERALL: 52-12 in 5 years with a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

2005: 4-6

2004: 1-9

2003: 2-8

2002: 2-8

2001: 5-5

2000: 3-8

1999: 6-5

1998: 4-7

1997: 2-8

OVERALL: 29-64 in previous 9 years (1994-1995-1996 was Giles last run of success prior to O'Connor's arrival as head football coach)

Preach On hdik2.

O'Conner also had some good teams at Lee High in Huntsville while he was there, what little time it was. Me and some friends of mine, who are friends with him, rode down to Russellville Ala. to see him and Lee High in the quarter finals, I think it was, they lost.

Edited by falconfan01

I remember last year in December me and a town full of OC friends and supporters went to Cookeville to play a fifth round game, they WON, STATE CHAMPS.

He has done a fine job......but......the players were always there, always have been. Any respectable coach could and would win with those athletes. Previous to his arrival you had a man there for 30+ years who never won big......good man, average coach. Present coach is like the rest of em.......good players he wins......not good players he doesnt. Left Huntsville Lee with the exit of 4 D1 players.

If goes to Lincoln, will struggle, be competitive, but struggle.........he knows that.

He has done a fine job......but......the players were always there, always have been. Any respectable coach could and would win with those athletes. Previous to his arrival you had a man there for 30+ years who never won big......good man, average coach. Present coach is like the rest of em.......good players he wins......not good players he doesnt. Left Huntsville Lee with the exit of 4 D1 players.

If goes to Lincoln, will struggle, be competitive, but struggle.........he knows that.

Thanks for your expert insight. I forwarded this to Coach Sorrels. After reading your analysis he immediately withdrew OC's name for consideration. Poor ol Giles will just have to suffer with our "average coach" for a while. (I like this Bodenham guy. He knows basketball) :roflolk:

You forget that his mentor is Coach Meadows. I am not saying that he is definitely coming to LC, but if he does come then there will be more than just new coaches at the school, there will be some new student/athletes enrolling also. It is not an accident that OC is coaching talent, he knows how to bring it in. He learned from one of the best.

You forget that his mentor is Coach Meadows. I am not saying that he is definitely coming to LC, but if he does come then there will be more than just new coaches at the school, there will be some new student/athletes enrolling also. It is not an accident that OC is coaching talent, he knows how to bring it in. He learned from one of the best.

LC is so far down the list in 6A. Regardless who goes there they won't be a big talent magnet........Blackman Riverdale. Oakland. Smyrna. Siegel. They wil see to that, but hey Humtland may have a ringer laying in wait