MBA vs Ensworth

feverpitch

Elder completely shreds the MBA defense. Wish Fitz Lassing could have come back and saved us one more time. Oh well, if the trend of hiring alums at the expense of finding the best people for open positions continues....so will these results. Giving up 230+ yards to one individual every other time you play a school is unacceptable. It's not like Ensworth does anything complicated.

I started to leave this alone, but this kind of statement is ridiculous and should be included in the Monday night NFL "Come on Man!" analysis. I seriously doubt that you are associated with MBA, and if you are, then you have a dog in the hunt. Look, MBA was outmanned in the first meeting and again tonight; that is the simple truth. Ensworth gave MBA the ball 4 or 5 times in the first outing and let MBA hang around and win; MBA should have lost that meeting as well. While being outmanned is not necessarily new to MBA teams, most of the other teams do not have the combination of great coaching and great athletes like Ensworth has. There were a couple of breakdowns in contain that were critical failures for the Big Red tonight, but even then, the corner was in position, but Elder's speed simply allowed him to gain the edge before the corner could get it set. In addition, a lot of the MBA kids on the field this year are freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, and the future looks very bright for the program on The Hill.

As someone else suggested, why don't you be specific and enlighten us with your unparalleled football knowledge as to what you would have done to contain Elder? I'm anxious to hear how you would have played it tonight. Please don't forget to let us know what coverage that you'd suggest in addition to your base defense; I'd like to see the full analysis.

Congrats to Ensworth on a good win and to MBA on a solid year. Roll Red Roll!

Edited by FlyBy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, congrats to both teams on good seasons. My take on this game:

Elder is a darn good athlete. I don't think that's debatable. No team has been able to really shut him down. VandyHoosiers, I'm not really sure what your beef is with Coach Rod. It really isn't necessary to pin this loss on him.

I was impressed by Ensworth. I think this is the most balanced team we have ever seen from them in their short time playing varsity football. They will never have another Darkwa or another Jefferson, but they have found a way to spread the field and open holes for Elder. Even without Richardson. I tip my hat to Ricky Bowers and coach Wade. Excellent job.

I had my money on MBA before this one started. But this could be Ensworth's year. Maybe starting out as an "underdog" and running the table is more suited for them. We all know Ricky is a good coach, but he does an especially good job of making the best out of what he has, and I think so far that has been proven this year. He came into the year without a Darkwa or a Jefferson, and look where his team is now.

I cannot wait to see the next Ensworth game. Best of luck to all teams, hopefully nobody on any team gets hurt. This is a good year of Tennessee high school football.

FlyBy hits it pretty much dead on. Ensworth is the better team here. No problem with that, MBA frequesntly beats better teams. The biggest problem is that MBA simply didn't have anybody to cope with Elder's speed. The difference between this game and the first game lies primarily in turnovers. MBA got three, but gave up 4. More importantly, MBA really didn't do anything with theirs.

MBA played a lot of underclasmen this year, including a handful of freshmen. Here's hoping that bodes well for the future.

Oh, and Fly...regarding your challenge on a defense MBA should have run....I'd go with a 7-5-5. The linebackers would have Tasers, and the safeties rifles.

Are you related to Hoosierdad? Or are we just that lucky that both of you came from IU?

I would go back and edit and take the "MBA" out up there also.

Amazing how accurate hoosier people are. Good call VandyHoosiers on Elder prior to the game. It sounds like he had a great night.

Edited by hoosierdad

In what way? Maybe vandyhoosiers and hoosierdad are just both big IU people who happen to post the same thing and share the same birthday.

My bad. I thought this was a forum for discussing a sport, not for speculating on personal information of those who wish to share their ideas and/or for "outing" those with whom they may disagree. I am beginning to understand why these boards tend to be dominated by a few with "strong" cyber-personalities who seem to enjoy chasing away divergent viewpoints.

My bad. I thought this was a forum for discussing a sport, not for speculating on personal information of those who wish to share their ideas and/or for "outing" those with whom they may disagree. I am beginning to understand why these boards tend to be dominated by a few with "strong" cyber-personalities who seem to enjoy chasing away divergent viewpoints.

Can't speak for everyone else, bit right or wrong I wouldn't feel the need to create a new identity here to distance myself from anything I've said in the the past. If someone wishes to have his opinions taken seriously, he should just stick with one id, rather than creating multiple ones and then staging "conversations" between them. Regardless I'm sure both of them are grateful you joined coach t 3 weeks ago and are defending them.

Edited by big red big blue

Can't speak for everyone else, bit right or wrong I wouldn't feel the need to create a new identity here to distance myself from anything I've said in the the past. If someone wishes to have his opinions taken seriously, he should just stick with one id, rather than creating multiple ones and then staging "conversations" between them. Regardless I'm sure both of them are grateful you joined coach t 3 weeks ago and are defending them.

big red big blue, not sure if you meant "bit" or "but". Please advise because it would be easier to understand. Not sure of your motive to try and "out" anybody; however, your detective work proved to be pitiful. I would encourage you to try another profession because you you are so off base. Hoosierdad and VandyHoosier are not the same. I have no idea who VandyHoosier is in fact. Before you go off again about what people should do, you should get your facts straight. I think it is comical; however, others might find you ignorant and boring when you are ranting about something that is not even true. Truth is a big word and one that has meaning, try to practice it next time.

Once again, we are not the same. Take your rant elsewhere and do not try pulling me into this again.

p.s. is is clear yet that I have not changed my identity?