Kudos to Grace Christian Mr. Football Finalist

grannyannie

For all you folks that think one ineligible ballplayer makes a whole team, know that Grace Christian Academy has, and has always had, many more than one exceptional player. Congrats to defensive end Davis Frank for being a Mr. Football finalist along with all the other finalists across the state. And congratulations to the entire Ram team for a winning season!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you folks that think one ineligible ballplayer makes a whole team, know that Grace Christian Academy has, and has always had, many more than one exceptional player. Congrats to defensive end Davis Frank for being a Mr. Football finalist along with all the other finalists across the state. And congratulations to the entire Ram team for a winning season!!

OK , kudos to Mr Frank on his fine year.

I guess it wouldn't be quite accurate to say the ENTIRE athletic program at Grace is corrupt and classless. There may be some exceptions.

OK , kudos to Mr Frank on his fine year.

I guess it wouldn't be quite accurate to say the ENTIRE athletic program at Grace is corrupt and classless. There may be some exceptions.

Very Few I suspect. And you know, this is the problem with Grace Christian and their punishment. Frank is a great player, but will probably not get the proper recognition because of Graces's past bad deeds. That is why no one should condone cheating. Not only avoid evil, but the appearance of evil. Sad to say that some folks over there still don't understand that what was done was wrong, condone what was done and only regret getting caught. Way to offer up that Christian witness and example for others.

Gannyannie,

If you list all the district, regional, substate,and state appearances your football, baseball, basketball, and volleyball teams have acquired. And then list all the championships those same programs have won in some of those same tournaments, you have got to admit that one has the right to be suspicious of how this was accomplished in only the 6-7 years that your sports programs have been in existance. If you think all these accomplishments were just God's blessing to your school, you are very naive. And you are right, just one illegal athlete didn't accomplish all this for you. There were, and are still possibly others who are illegal. It's very hard to track tuition, if the church or others are paying tuition to an athlete's family, and then that same family in turn writes a check to the school. This is what got you in trouble last year, and if the grandmother had not told the truth, there would have been no way the TSSAA could have proved it. Furthermore, it is very suspicous that the other athlete reported last year (as having his tuition paid by several families), can all of a sudden afford tuition this year. What is really unfortunate in all this is that the people affiliated with your school continue to make excuses and post sarcastic comments on these boards about the illegal wrongdoings. As for Davis Frank, I don't know him personally. However, from what I have seen of him on the football field, he is an exceptional player and seems to have some class about him. However, as another poster alluded to on this topic, I only hope the black mark Grace has doesn't hurt this kid in the voting for Mr Football. I personally thing he is very deserving of the award.

Very Few I suspect. And you know, this is the problem with Grace Christian and their punishment. Frank is a great player, but will probably not get the proper recognition because of Graces's past bad deeds. That is why no one should condone cheating. Not only avoid evil, but the appearance of evil. Sad to say that some folks over there still don't understand that what was done was wrong, condone what was done and only regret getting caught. Way to offer up that Christian witness and example for others.

Don't forget the classless thread taunting their win over Greenback knowing the GB was without several starters due to injuries etc. Have you noticed how quiet it was after they got thumped in the Bowl Game by Rhea County 35 to 14?

Don't forget the classless thread taunting their win over Greenback knowing the GB was without several starters due to injuries etc. Have you noticed how quiet it was after they got thumped in the Bowl Game by Rhea County 35 to 14?

Rhea County is a class 6A team and Grace did well. As you should know, you can't win them all. I hope Greenback's players have recovered. Grace has had injuries and illness as well but never cried about it. There is nothing wrong with being proud of a win. I am sorry you perceived it as 'taunting'.

Rhea County is a class 6A team and Grace did well. As you should know, you can't win them all. I hope Greenback's players have recovered. Grace has had injuries and illness as well but never cried about it. There is nothing wrong with being proud of a win. I am sorry you perceived it as 'taunting'.

There's nothing wrong about celebrating a win etc. But the thread with the score etc. was in the title. The title was taunting and the thread had many low class posts it it. I know who Rhea County is and they are down by their standards. That said the kicked Graces butts. My alma mater frequently plays larger schools and occasionally we get in a battle and once in a while we get our butts kicked.

As far as G.B. goes in the last game of the season, everyone in the state knew they had several players out and were playing a freshman QB. Everyone in the state also knew that Grace wasn't in the Playoffs.

South Pittsburg didn't start a thread with the score in the title claiming to have mercy ruled Grace C. A. even though the game was in the Mercy rule for the kick off of the second half and that was a Semi-final games. I stated my opinion in a separate post because I hope Mr. Frank goes on to exhibit some class in his future endeavors in spite of the classless administration currently at Grace. TSSAA should mandate they change the name to Graceless UnChristian Academy if that place doesn't turn it modus operandi and attitude around. They are training young people for the world and it doesn't need any more a-holes around because there are plenty of them out there.

There's nothing wrong about celebrating a win etc. But the thread with the score etc. was in the title. The title was taunting and the thread had many low class posts it it. I know who Rhea County is and they are down by their standards. That said the kicked Graces butts. My alma mater frequently plays larger schools and occasionally we get in a battle and once in a while we get our butts kicked.

As far as G.B. goes in the last game of the season, everyone in the state knew they had several players out and were playing a freshman QB. Everyone in the state also knew that Grace wasn't in the Playoffs.

South Pittsburg didn't start a thread with the score in the title claiming to have mercy ruled Grace C. A. even though the game was in the Mercy rule for the kick off of the second half and that was a Semi-final games. I stated my opinion in a separate post because I hope Mr. Frank goes on to exhibit some class in his future endeavors in spite of the classless administration currently at Grace. TSSAA should mandate they change the name to Graceless UnChristian Academy if that place doesn't turn it modus operandi and attitude around. They are training young people for the world and it doesn't need any more a-holes around because there are plenty of them out there.

This is the greatest post ever and you are nominated for MR. Coach T 2010.

I apologize for the thread that started this squabble. I had no idea football players and fans were so sensitive about their losses. I am an old newspaper reporter and have written many sports articles with similar headlines. Sometimes Grace did get their butts kicked- it's a game. Hateful statements like Grace being graceless and unchristian are pathetic attempts to degrade Christians and private schools against which you are so obviously prejudiced. I will pray you find some Grace and FYI, Grace's quarterback is a freshman, too.

. . . Hateful statements like Grace being graceless and unchristian are pathetic attempts to degrade Christians and private schools against which you are so obviously prejudiced. I will pray you find some Grace and FYI, Grace's quarterback is a freshman, too.

Actually, if you look at some of my posts, you will find quite the contrary regarding parochial and private schools. There are only 3 parochial schools I get after,and GCA and FCS are 2 of them. With FCS, its the current coach I get after. There are plenty model schools out there that GCA could emulate.

In case you forgot from the other thread, I consider Greenback one of our schools rivals in the past. The thread and many of the posts by GCA fans and alumni were uncalled for. The buck stops with administration at GCA for the 2 year probation. They are the ones you need to be praying for.

I apologize for the thread that started this squabble. I had no idea football players and fans were so sensitive about their losses. I am an old newspaper reporter and have written many sports articles with similar headlines. Sometimes Grace did get their butts kicked- it's a game. Hateful statements like Grace being graceless and unchristian are pathetic attempts to degrade Christians and private schools against which you are so obviously prejudiced. I will pray you find some Grace and FYI, Grace's quarterback is a freshman, too.

A form of Godly devotion ,but proven false to its power. A christin is a Christ like person,to me thats a huge statement.I couldn,t imagine Jesus cheating to build a sports program, I also think he would be humble in the victory. That holier than thou mess don't cut it.