EHS @ Gatlinburg-Pittman

EHSTrack06

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• EHS
    • GP

nothing to do with the GP/Betsy game, but im looking for a great game friday night can any one tell me about their seating, and overall experence of what to expect. Looking forward to seeing a new stadium and looking for a good game. prediction will come later

GO CYCLONES

They have a nice facility with a rich history. You'll enjoy your trip there, except for the cold. And it likes to rain up there sometimes as well. Seems like every time I've been there it was cold and raining.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a nice facility with a rich history. You'll enjoy your trip there, except for the cold. And it likes to rain up there sometimes as well. Seems like every time I've been there it was cold and raining.

I've been there in the middle of a drought and there is still 3" of mud on the field.

They may as well play in the REAL Highlands...Like Scotland. (or Maryville College)

I don't know if McFiddish is the greenskeeper there or not?

Guest LowManWins

They have some speed. Their runners run smart and run hard. They utilize their blockers well. The QB moved very well. He moved around the pocket and extended plays. Most of their passing yards came off screens. One of their backs(#2) went down with a knee or ankle injury near the end of the game.

If GP's FB/TB #2 is healthy, then the Highlanders win by 10. Very potent offense when #10, 2, 20, 14 are all on the field together.

nothing to do with the GP/Betsy game, but im looking for a great game friday night can any one tell me about their seating, and overall experence of what to expect. Looking forward to seeing a new stadium and looking for a good game. prediction will come later

GO CYCLONES

About 10-15 minutes out of Gatlinburg up the mountain. Should be adequate seating. Nice stadium. Not sure if I liked it or the fact I had another excuse to vacation for a few days. If you stay the night, the game should be broadcast on a public television station the next morning/afternoon. They filmed it from the visitor side. Unless it has changed, visiting team lockers right behind the visiting stands. PS- I don't remember there being alot of parking, but I got there early and had no problem findind a spot. Good luck Cyclones.

I've been there in the middle of a drought and there is still 3" of mud on the field.

They may as well play in the REAL Highlands...Like Scotland. (or Maryville College)

I don't know if McFiddish is the greenskeeper there or not?

I have talked with a local that swears up and down, that if GP's coach is faced with someone with a lot of speed that a fire hose will mysteriously show up and get the field nice and muddy.

Guest LowManWins

I have talked with a local that swears up and down, that if GP's coach is faced with someone with a lot of speed that a fire hose will mysteriously show up and get the field nice and muddy.

As well as GP throws it this year, I don't know how much of an advantage it would be to 'hose' the field this year. Their Cover 0 and big front 7 could be havoc on Elizabethton's offense.

Johnson County is known for that but that works both ways. I think Elizabethton has been in some good hard fought games this year and played some good teams, which will help them going into this game. Common opponents Unicoi County and Sullivan East, but it’s hard to tell anything because both teams were down this year and GP and Elizabethton both won and had similar scores. It looks like AE beat GP by just one touchdown and must have a good team to stay that close and GP won by a wider margin against a good Sullivan North team 8-) that Elizabethton only won by a touchdown. By the way TSSAA missed the seeding for Elizabethton because they have Asheville, NC with a 5-4 record but actually they are 9-2 and ranked #4 in NC. How many more things can they mess up this year? They make a six figure salary to put names in brackets and post them on the internet. It looks like they could at least get it right.

Can't wait for the game. I'm expecting a slugfest. Hope to see a good crowd from Betsy. I know of few better places in East Tennessee to watch a game than the Mountain Thicket, but I am a little biased.

For a great experience, I would suggest getting to Gatlinburg early to eat at Best Italian in Elks Plaza on the upper end of the strip or at Parton's Deli on 321 coming into town across from the Rocky Waters Inn (bring cash, Henry doesn't take plastic lol!).

Safe travels for all coming our way. Hopefully classes will allow me to to do a little research and provide a more in depth analysis later this week.

Johnson County is known for that but that works both ways. I think Elizabethton has been in some good hard fought games this year and played some good teams, which will help them going into this game. Common opponents Unicoi County and Sullivan East, but it’s hard to tell anything because both teams were down this year and GP and Elizabethton both won and had similar scores. It looks like AE beat GP by just one touchdown and must have a good team to stay that close and GP won by a wider margin against a good Sullivan North team 8-) that Elizabethton only won by a touchdown. By the way TSSAA missed the seeding for Elizabethton because they have Asheville, NC with a 5-4 record but actually they are 9-2 and ranked #4 in NC. How many more things can they mess up this year? They make a six figure salary to put names in brackets and post them on the internet. It looks like they could at least get it right.

That record wouldn't have messed with any seeding. They still are listed with a winning record and that is all that was taken into account when it came to opponents you've played.