Wayne County at Jo Byrns

jusboro

Who wins?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins between these 2 playoff rivals?

• Jo Byrns
    • Wayne County

Congrats to JB. Hate I didn't get to meet any of you old goats at the concession stand. I was too busy enjoying a pork chop sandwich at the beginning then too busy spitting it out at the refs at the end.

As for what happened at the end, when you're getting held and pushed out of bounds before the ball is even thrown and the "official" just stares at you, the frustration is unbearable. The crew tonight was a joke throughout the whole game.

I wish that water bottle would have hit that "official" square in the head and was a large rock instead. :thumb:

Next week should be interesting at PC.

Maybe we'll all meet up again at PC...suits me just fine.

Putting the game aside for a second...it was good to see folks from all over at The Dungeon tonight. I saw ER, SHS, GB, and I thought I saw some WH (not WHH) folks as well. Then I get on here and see a CW fella hitched a ride too. Who else made it?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first, congratulations to Jo Byrns. You guys came out in after the 1st quarter and practically ran the ball down our throats. On the long drive home, I realized in the past 4 years, Wayne County has been put out of the playoffs by a good-running team as with what happened tonight.

On to the big topic, the refs were horrible. Well actually only one of them was bad. The line judge on our side, I think he may have had a seeing-eye dog beside him the whole night. I'm not making excuses about that's why we lost, you guys are a great team, but when you sit there 3-5 times and see a call missed then you get frustrated.

As for the last few minutes of the game, I was on the fence and saw all of it. The play started and T. Rice rolled out of the pocket towards his brother on the right, Austin clearly was going to get by the guy after 6-9 yards and the guy just simply knocked him out of bounds. T. Rice then threw it in his direction, but with him being bumped he couldn't get to it. The Wayne County coach came over to state his case and from what I saw didn't touch him. He just ran over there and started asking why he didn't throw a flag, then after that, it was like yellow flags started raining down from the sky. As for the things thrown on the field, that's inexcusable, there's no reason for that to happen.

Lastly, good luck next week with Perry County, I told the Jo Byrns people I'd probably be there and I more than likely will be. It was great meeting you guys after the 2-3+ years of arguing we've had. Shep, Logger, Poundtown, Reddevil88, JBAlum, Reddevil44, and SB38, it was great meeting you guys. I wish I could have met you Moto and Raynok, but y'all are a great group of guys. Looking forward to arguing with you guys again next year on these boards. :thumb:

Congrats to JB. Hate I didn't get to meet any of you old goats at the concession stand. I was too busy enjoying a pork chop sandwich at the beginning then too busy spitting it out at the refs at the end.

As for what happened at the end, when you're getting held and pushed out of bounds before the ball is even thrown and the "official" just stares at you, the frustration is unbearable. The crew tonight was a joke throughout the whole game.

Some of the same type of things happened on our side.I'm sure we both have more than our share of missed take downs like they did to our #20,#1,and #62 just to name a few.

I'm done with this subject because I thought we both did our fair share of holding.

Edited by RedDevil88

Lastly, good luck next week with Perry County, I told the Jo Byrns people I'd probably be there and I more than likely will be. It was great meeting you guys after the 2-3+ years of arguing we've had. Shep, Logger, Poundtown, Reddevil88, JBAlum, Reddevil44, and SB38, it was great meeting you guys. I wish I could have met you Moto and Raynok, but y'all are a great group of guys. Looking forward to arguing with you guys again next year on these boards. :thumb:

You're alright man...after all that at the end to come over and live up to the wager says a lot. See ya next week!

Some of the same type of things happened on our side.You had one kid that should have been ejected.and another one that was mouthing the crowd and taunting it.Lets just that was a mistake on that kids part.SO was the shove Tyler gave to one of our ex players going out at halftime.I'm sure we both have more than our share of missed take downs like they did to our #20,#1,and #62 just to name a few.

I'm done with this subject because I thought we both did our fair share of holding.

Ejected for what?

Well first, congratulations to Jo Byrns. You guys came out in after the 1st quarter and practically ran the ball down our throats. On the long drive home, I realized in the past 4 years, Wayne County has been put out of the playoffs by a good-running team as with what happened tonight.

On to the big topic, the refs were horrible. Well actually only one of them was bad. The line judge on our side, I think he may have had a seeing-eye dog beside him the whole night. I'm not making excuses about that's why we lost, you guys are a great team, but when you sit there 3-5 times and see a call missed then you get frustrated.

As for the last few minutes of the game, I was on the fence and saw all of it. The play started and T. Rice rolled out of the pocket towards his brother on the right, Austin clearly was going to get by the guy after 6-9 yards and the guy just simply knocked him out of bounds. T. Rice then threw it in his direction, but with him being bumped he couldn't get to it. The Wayne County coach came over to state his case and from what I saw didn't touch him. He just ran over there and started asking why he didn't throw a flag, then after that, it was like yellow flags started raining down from the sky. As for the things thrown on the field, that's inexcusable, there's no reason for that to happen.

I have a question for you, Jusboro. Are you really gonna wear a JB hoodie to the Vandy game?

I think this game was all it was hyped up to be and the actions at the closing moments takes away the effort and heart that both teams played with, actually it doesn't take it away but things like that does happen when frustrations build in the closing moments of defeat, so let's stop the stone throwing and give kuddos to those boys who from both teams left it all out there win or lose !

The game:

my god what speed were we in the first qtr ? We looked like it was our first fall scrimmage, I haven't seen a JB team start that slow in a long time and it cost us 14 points very quickly but managed to regain composure and start to play ball in the second qtr and regain some momentum going into the half tied at 14. WC owned the first qtr no doubt. Second half JB started doing what they do best is pound the ball with #1,#34 and #7 had some good plays of his own and JB started taking control of the game at this point, critical turnovers by the wildcats would be costly as the Devils continued to move the chains eating the clock.

T Rice was chased and hit several times tonight as the relentless pursuit of the Devils D stepped up and finally got him on the ground a few times, T Rice went down with some type of injury in the last couple minutes of the game due to the relentless attack he was under all night and the

hope fizzled away as time run out. JB showed character of a pretty good team to come back from 14 down to score 28 unanswered points. #1 frank the tank is one bad boy, coupled with #34 B Holt man what s great tandem of RB's. Kuddos to FB #20 Jonny Smith and an O line that seemed to take charge especially in the second half when those critical first downs were needed. WC has a pretty dang good football team and I hope your travel back to waynesboro was safe, we will prolly see ya again next year I'm sure, Tyler Rice I hope you're ok young man and I wish you well at ut Martin

I think this game was all it was hyped up to be and the actions at the closing moments takes away the effort and heart that both teams played with, actually it doesn't take it away but things like that does happen when frustrations build in the closing moments of defeat, so let's stop the stone throwing and give kuddos to those boys who from both teams left it all out there win or lose !

The game:

my god what speed were we in the first qtr ? We looked like it was our first fall scrimmage, I haven't seen a JB team start that slow in a long time and it cost us 14 points very quickly but managed to regain composure and start to play ball in the second qtr and regain some momentum going into the half tied at 14. WC owned the first qtr no doubt. Second half JB started doing what they do best is pound the ball with #1,#34 and #7 had some good plays of his own and JB started taking control of the game at this point, critical turnovers by the wildcats would be costly as the Devils continued to move the chains eating the clock.

T Rice was chased and hit several times tonight as the relentless pursuit of the Devils D stepped up and finally got him on the ground a few times, T Rice went down with some type of injury in the last couple minutes of the game due to the relentless attack he was under all night and the

hope fizzled away as time run out. JB showed character of a pretty good team to come back from 14 down to score 28 unanswered points. #1 frank the tank is one bad boy, coupled with #34 B Holt man what s great tandem of RB's. Kuddos to FB #20 Jonny Smith and an O line that seemed to take charge especially in the second half when those critical first downs were needed. WC has a pretty dang good football team and I hope your travel back to waynesboro was safe, we will prolly see ya again next year I'm sure, Tyler Rice I hope you're ok young man and I wish you well at ut Martin

It was the late hit out of bounds.

Edited by wildcatpride70

I want to start by saying that I am very disappointed in the coaches and the fans for Wayne Co. at the end of the game. I understnad that your very emotional and you might have felt you got a bad call, but a bad call with 1 min to go in a 28-14 game is not what lost you the game. Absolutely embarassing to start throwing water bottles on to the field during a high school football game. I guess with all the things said this week online I should of expected it. Thats what happens when a team thats convinced that their unbeatable gets beat.

Now for the game....

This was the first game I have been to this year because of coaching myself. I had a lot of fun and it makes me miss the high school days. Jo Byrns is notorious for starting fast, but this was not the case tonight and they showed alot of heart and guts to keep their composure and make the comeback. I thought that Jo Byrns did an excellent job "containing" Tyler Rice. We never blitzed him we used #1 to rush him and prevent him from sitting into the pocket. He did burn us a few times, but overall he did not kill us with his legs. He showed that he is not as accurate on the run throwing 3 pics to Brandon Holt. Offensively the running game really stepped it up after being shutdown early. We did enough throwing the ball to get them out of that man to man bs. Frank the Tank is the man! Good luck next week against another very good Offensive team. I think the same game plan would be effective again.

I totally agree with you about the fans and the coaches. Doing this type of stuff only makes yourself look terrible and the kids that are on the field did not deserve bottles thrown at them and I also saw a Wayne co. player pick up one of the bottles and throw it at a JB player. That was the most embarrassing way to close out the season for Wayne Co!!

I totally agree with you about the fans and the coaches. Doing this type of stuff only makes yourself look terrible and the kids that are on the field did not deserve bottles thrown at them and I also saw a Wayne co. player pick up one of the bottles and throw it at a JB player. That was the most embarrassing way to close out the season for Wayne Co!!

Jo Byrnes fans handeled this very mature like and let it die down. If I hear about this one more time I hope the how town of cedar hill litarely blows up because upas have blown this out of proportion.