Wayne County at Jo Byrns

jusboro

Who wins?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins between these 2 playoff rivals?

• Jo Byrns
    • Wayne County

I think this game was all it was hyped up to be and the actions at the closing moments takes away the effort and heart that both teams played with, actually it doesn't take it away but things like that does happen when frustrations build in the closing moments of defeat, so let's stop the stone throwing and give kuddos to those boys who from both teams left it all out there win or lose !

The game:

my god what speed were we in the first qtr ? We looked like it was our first fall scrimmage, I haven't seen a JB team start that slow in a long time and it cost us 14 points very quickly but managed to regain composure and start to play ball in the second qtr and regain some momentum going into the half tied at 14. WC owned the first qtr no doubt. Second half JB started doing what they do best is pound the ball with #1,#34 and #7 had some good plays of his own and JB started taking control of the game at this point, critical turnovers by the wildcats would be costly as the Devils continued to move the chains eating the clock.

T Rice was chased and hit several times tonight as the relentless pursuit of the Devils D stepped up and finally got him on the ground a few times, T Rice went down with some type of injury in the last couple minutes of the game due to the relentless attack he was under all night and the

hope fizzled away as time run out. JB showed character of a pretty good team to come back from 14 down to score 28 unanswered points. #1 frank the tank is one bad boy, coupled with #34 B Holt man what s great tandem of RB's. Kuddos to FB #20 Jonny Smith and an O line that seemed to take charge especially in the second half when those critical first downs were needed. WC has a pretty dang good football team and I hope your travel back to waynesboro was safe, we will prolly see ya again next year I'm sure, Tyler Rice I hope you're ok young man and I wish you well at ut Martin

JB you guys have a great football team and nothing that happened at the end was directed towards the players or the fans. The stuff that happened was on our side and would be very hard for yall to see. The frustrations were all at the refs. Yes it was too late for WC to make a comeback but when you see your kids being treated the way they were you stand up for them, and I suspect yall would have done the same for yalls team. The bottles that were thrown were by kids and were dealt with by their parents, but as for the coach putting his hands on an official it never happened, it seemed the refs came out in the second half with a chip on their shoulder for WC. But thats enough said congrats to yalls team and good luck next week with PC as they to are a really good team. Me and the boys will be there to watch and maybe I will get a chance to meet some of you guys its been fun and after all that happened I still have nothing but respect for yalls program, good luck.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres T.Rice - 8-)

Heres T.Rice on JBS pass defense - :?

Simply put, JBS played excellent pass defense. Despite not having his best game, it was still easy to see that T.Rice is a phenominal QB and football player.

This was an excellent hs football game that was much closer than the 28-14 score might indicate. WC cam out fast while running the ball very well early on. JBS was able to keep their composure and pull it out in the 2nd half.

As far as the penalties go, I was positioned in a spot to see the holds that were giving WC the edge to get outside and they were very obvious. These were not called at all in the 1st half but the refs didnt let them go in the 2nd. As far as what happened at the end; I made a v-line for my car after the last score so thankfully, I missed it.....

All I know is that we took our wooopin last year and I mean took it with class.

Well I wish I could say the same for yall this year(WC) but I can't! Yes there was some hold calls missed on both sides and the hit on Trice may have been a little late but c-mon the guy is shifty and you never know when he pulls the ball down and jukes ya like he did all night. Just good hard football.

Yes some of yall have NO CLASS! That goes for players and fans alike.

Next Year take your woopin and smile!!

All I know is that we took our wooopin last year and I mean took it with class.

Well I wish I could say the same for yall this year(WC) but I can't! Yes there was some hold calls missed on both sides and the hit on Trice may have been a little late but c-mon the guy is shifty and you never know when he pulls

the ball down and jukes ya like he did all night. Just good hard football.

Yes some of yall have NO CLASS! That goes for players and fans alike.

Next Year take your woopin and smile!!

You get classy poster of the year award honestly y'all act like we just burned your field down and well if y'all keep acting like I am sure we can.

Heres T.Rice - 8-)

Heres T.Rice on JBS pass defense - :?

Simply put, JBS played excellent pass defense. Despite not having his best game, it was still easy to see that T.Rice is a phenominal QB and football player.

This was an excellent hs football game that was much closer than the 28-14 score might indicate. WC cam out fast while running the ball very well early on. JBS was able to keep their composure and pull it out in the 2nd half.

As far as the penalties go, I was positioned in a spot to see the holds that were giving WC the edge to get outside and they were very obvious. These were not called at all in the 1st half but the refs didnt let them go in the 2nd. As far as what happened at the end; I made a v-line for my car after the last score so thankfully, I missed it.....

Considering Your Height....LOL...Musta Been On Top Of The Concession Stand :roflolk:

Edited by Butchie

So I take it that Jbs o line is so good they didn't hold at all once tonight o think JB paid the refs Cam newton money.

Do you mean Joe Byrns coaches paid the refs before the game? You have to be joking. I garuntee you that this did not happen. Those Joe Byrns coaches would not take a chance on forfeit and their season being over. I garuntee you that if the TSSAA finds out they did, their season will be over. I think your joking though.

That wasn't all they said, but it was what definitely led off the conversation on the recap of this game. As far as the game, they said a few weeks ago, they were ready to crown JB 1A Champions, but after watching the game, they felt they were definitely beatable. Not my words, theirs. Honestly, its hard for me to decide who will have the upper hand next week. PC is really explosive, but JB pounds it so we'll see. I plan to be there pullin for R6.

I did hear the the 104.5 comments and they just lost any creditability they may have had in what it is that they call themselves doing. There is no reason to get on the radio and talk about fans of a school, it is about the kids on the field. He then shows his ignorance my saying a 12-0 team is "very beatable". What does that say about the 12 people that we hung the L on. We don't need 104.5 backing!

Maybe we'll all meet up again at PC...suits me just fine.

Putting the game aside for a second...it was good to see folks from all over at The Dungeon tonight. I saw ER, SHS, GB, and I thought I saw some WH (not WHH) folks as well. Then I get on here and see a CW fella hitched a ride too. Who else made it?

Clarksville Academy had about 25 people there. 11-12 players and several parents (including two moms!) We really enjoyed the game. We will be pulling for JB next week!

WC better needs to play their most physical game tonight. D-Line and LB's need to play their best run D of the year. I hope both teams can minimize mistakes and turnovers. If so, this game should live up to all the hype. I think WC finds a way to win if they are physical up front and win the turnover/penalty categories.

Well, WC was physical and won the turnover/penalty category the 1st quarter. When WC went deep right after the JB fumble and got intercepted momentum shifted and WC never got it back. All year long (except PC) T. Rice has been able to carry the offense and hit the deep ball almost at will. Not quite as easy as the quality of opponents has improved. I was wondering where was WC's intermediate and short passing game? It's hard to complete passes 35+ yards down the field when the QB is scrambling and the DB's have good closing speed. Shorter passes worked in the 3rd quarter when we moved he ball down the field before the holding penalties backed us out of the red zone. I don't make a habit of complaining about the officiating, but it was kind of convenient for the refs to flag WC for at least 3 holds, all on the JB side of the field, when WC started getting in scoring position, but they missed an obvious pass interference just before halftime that would have given WC the ball at the 5 or 10 with about 20 seconds to go. Saw few other things that could have been called on JB (block in the back on a kickoff return, and contact on A. Rice more than 5 yards down the field), but oh well. WC shouldn't put it all on the refs. They should have taken better care of the ball. JB has a good team. Give them credit, but they better be ready for PC, because it sure sounds like PC is rolling right now.