Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

Nothing against the Bucs ,but I'll be pulling for small rural school. Boyds not a powerhouse and they can be beat. Whoever gets to the next round will see the powerhouse.I'd like WB to see um so they can realize what it takes to really compete with the elite. Until you see these teams, you really don't have a clue. Pulling for Cloudland and now Hasmpton, I've seen these teams numerous times.Takes a special team and alot of hard work to play on that level.

Good to be here and we are very excited about our son being at Boyd!!! We are looking forward to him helping continue the tradition!!!

I'd say you have made a good desision,Boyd should be better the next 2 seasons. Its a luxury to get talented kids from all over.Thats why the small rural schools think private schools should play in their own league. I realy don't see why they don't, it could be a heck of a field.At least 20 GOOD small private schools in the state. Trust me ,it wouldn't be watered down,

Hmmm...Boyd absolutely does not recruit, period. I know all the players and the parents...from the last 30 years or so. Of course some people claim this or that...it comes with the territory of being pretty good. But Boyd has always won(or lost) with the kids who show up...no coaches have anything to do with who does or doesn't get into the school. The school keeps costs down so as many kids can go there as possible...so they run a deficit budget. Even if they wanted to recruit they don't have the cash. They aren't an elite private with a huge war chest, they are a small Christian School that overperforms in just about every area. And because they are a Christian School their main focus is on other things, NOT athletics or getting in the best athletes in town.

Consider this...no Boyd player has ever been given a scholarship to a DI school in Football. Compare that to the other 1a and 2a powers in the state. Surely if they were recruiting they could get a couple of those type kids from the public powerhouses in town...Tyner, Red Bank, etc. This year's team has 2 returning starters on Offense, a Freshman QB, and 2 returning starters on Defense (1 of whom is one of the returners on Offense, so 3 total returners). There is not 1 single new starter who wasn't on the team last year except for 1 senior reciever who has never played Football before, and he has been at Boyd his whole life. Our coaches must either be the worst recruiters in the history of recruiting for not being able to find a couple of older studly QBs and experienced recievers when some of the local public schools actually managed to add DOUBLE DIGIT new players from last year...OR...they must not be recruiting.

So the next time you want to claim to know something or someone who said their Sister's cousin's Dog was once a pet of a Boyd Player from some vague time in the past and the player's parents said that Boyd recruits, either name names so we can all have a good laugh or leave that crap at home. Plenty of people have claimed to have 'personal' knowledge that Boyd has recruited this or that kid then gotten the kid wrong...or their source never knew that family, or went to Boyd. Why don't you call a couple of the public school coaches in town and see if they think we recruit...if anything we lose 3 or 4 of our best athletes every year to the local elite privates and powerhouse publics, not the other way around.

Could not agree more with this post. Now Can we talk about the game and not come up with excuses BEFORE boyd opens up a can on you? thanks and Go bucs!

Nothing against the Bucs ,but I'll be pulling for small rural school. Boyds not a powerhouse and they can be beat. Whoever gets to the next round will see the powerhouse.I'd like WB to see um so they can realize what it takes to really compete with the elite. Until you see these teams, you really don't have a clue. Pulling for Cloudland and now Hasmpton, I've seen these teams numerous times.Takes a special team and alot of hard work to play on that level.

I won't hold it against you this time. :roflol:

I'd say you have made a good desision,Boyd should be better the next 2 seasons. Its a luxury to get talented kids from all over.Thats why the small rural schools think private schools should play in their own league. I realy don't see why they don't, it could be a heck of a field.At least 20 GOOD small private schools in the state. Trust me ,it wouldn't be watered down,

I agree pujo. This post is absolutely correct. They have more money for better facilities and equipment which draws in good athletes. It still takes hard work and good coaching to get where Boyd is. Boyd is a very good team.

Didn't mean to offend any Boyd fans on here with my earlier post. I know a lot of good people from there and most of you guys on here seem to be good people. Best of luck to Boyd tonight but I'll be pulling for underDAWG as well.

I will not be at the game tomorrow, but if we can win this one, I will make the semi finals. Maybe we can meet. I'm sure I can drag buc55 there too. :roflol:

That sounds great. Would love to meet you guys. My son is in the 8th grade. He is ready to get going in basketball as we speak. He plays the big "3" sports: Football(QB & WR), Basketball, and Baseball(Pitcher, SS, and CF). He is a big kid at 6'0" 170 and is projected to be at 6'5" by the doctors. He is rated as one of America's who's who at Pitcher by Baseball America and U.S.S.S.A Baseball. He is very excited and has enjoyed just getting to know the school, teachers, coaches, and fellow students this past 2 months!!!

I agree pujo. This post is absolutely correct. They have more money for better facilities and equipment which draws in good athletes. It still takes hard work and good coaching to get where Boyd is. Boyd is a very good team.

Didn't mean to offend any Boyd fans on here with my earlier post. I know a lot of good people from there and most of you guys on here seem to be good people. Best of luck to Boyd tonight but I'll be pulling for underDAWG as well.

With the way parents will move or drive miles for their kids(traveling sports era). I think all schools have kids move in and move out because of Athletics and Academics. I use to think the same way as you, but when our program at Calhoun started to win big, all of sudden people started coming from everywhere and noone had to make a call. It is just what happens when teams start winning. We had a school in Georgia(Charlton County) who is one of the smallest and poorest schools around, but they win and people move there from Jacksonville area just so there kids can play for them. It is the nature of Today's high school athletics, so I feel as now that the multiplier is the best way to keep all things even.