Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

WOW.....That was one for the ages. Both teams played super hard. Camden gave us all we wanted and more. taking a 30 yard sack was a crusher early on that really hurt Camdens chances. Number one came in and really did a good job for you guys and kept you in the game. But, in the end defense wins championships and quarterfinal games!!!! Camden you guys are awesome!!!We enjoyed it!

P.S. What a great fanbase you guys had tonight!!!!

Great Game

Camden was a rock solid team. Props again to #75 and their fans. Camden's reverses and wing t was shut down the entire night other than one short field drive. Milan's coaching staff has the game plan on how to stop that type of offense.

#20 for Milan, his fumble going inside the 20 changed the entire game. Without it, Milan probably would have squeezed it in and made it 17-0. But he was the best player out there tonight. He made huge plays.

Milan's D will only get better. All sophomores and juniors at LB. Jeff Morris and company need major props for leading this young team back to the semis after losing all 11 starters on offense.

Giving up 6 on the road. Ill take it. Nice win bulldogs

Camden just didn't look themselves in the first half. Too many mistakes that hurt them badly. I hate that the qb got hurt but that's just football. In the second half Camden looked like a totally different team. I would have liked to see a different play on 4th and 4 but the coaches made the call for a reason. I would have liked to see what the second half would have been like with the qb still in for Camden. Anyways congrats to Milan on a great win against a very good team.

Camden just didn't look themselves in the first half. Too many mistakes that hurt them badly. I hate that the qb got hurt but that's just football. In the second half Camden looked like a totally different team. I would have liked to see a different play on 4th and 4 but the coaches made the call for a reason. I would have liked to see what the second half would have been like with the qb still in for Camden. Anyways congrats to Milan on a great win against a very good team.

Good defense will make you look "not like yourselves" and that is what you saw tonight! Milan's defense smothered the Camden offense ALL night.

You'll think overrated when you are starting basketball season next Monday ;)

Camden has removed more than a few monkeys from their backs in the past 7 years...

Bruceton- Check

McKenzie- Check

Huntingdon- Check

Westview- Check

Milan- ??

4 down, 1 to go...I think this year's the year

Go LIONS!!

Nothing would make this Charger fan happier than to see the Camden Lions end the bulldogs season Friday night. We gave them their one loss this season....here's hoping you give them their other one. Good Luck Lions!!

Camden Central allowed 27 points in the first two and a half quarters of their contest against Cheatham County. Outside of that performance the Lions have only allowed 87 points COMBINED in their other 11 games this year. That equals out to be less than 8 points per game allowed.

Milan has proven to be a bully against inferior teams HOWEVER when the Bulldogs do play teams that are dominant defensively then they have not had success. Westview this season had a stellar defense. Alcoa the last 2 seasons had an amazing defense.

Camden Central (minus 2 and a half quarters against Cheatham County) has been DOMINANT on defense throughout 2010.

Milan better not enter Wright Field this week with the belief that they are just simply going to run off tackle all night long and gash the Lions defense for huge chunks of yardage. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Pal...the greatest thing that "Westview fans" did this year was watch your Bullpups come to our town and go back down highway 45 with an "L" on their record. You really should not talk smack about THE 1 on your 11-1.

Hint: After Friday, there will be TWO teams you dont need to talk smack about. 1) Westview. 2) Camden. Those would be the TWO teams that beat your team this year.

Well after all the talk and all the fun on this board this past week, we must now turn our attention to the Goodpasture Cougars while you guys get ready for some basketball. These were just a few that i really could not wait until the DAWGS made you eat these words. Makes victory that much sweeter when you know hearts were broken as you are pulling out of town!! It is kinda like waking up on Christmas morning and realizing that there is no Santa Claus!

Milan, if yall can get past Goodpasture, which yall have a very good chance of doing...the way yall's D is playing, then you'll be staring at Alcoa again. I dont see yall getting the championship. Alcoa is just so tough, and really, Milan has gone farther than a lot of people thought they would this year...after losing so many good players...Williamson, Gilbert, etc. So, your coaches and boys have done a tremendous job getting this far this year...a "rebuilding" year. lol.

I hope yall beat Goodpasture. I think you will. But, Alcoa...well? Dont think so.

I sure hated to hear that Camden Lost. Really respect Camden and their program. Hated to hear the QB got hurt. Don't know how it would have affected the game but seems like the past 2 years the Qb was lost, once before Milan game and now during game. Sure hate it. Sounds like on heck of a game. Know there always has to be a winner and loser, but was pulling for Camden. Milan has a sound team. They have a big task ahead of them with GP. Have to pull for Milan here. GP has a solid team and MIlan will have to play their best. O better wake up. Good Luck to Milan next week. And great season for Camden, I know they wish they could have kept it going but it doesn't change the great season they have had. No substitue for the experience they have gain and they will only get better and go deeper as time goes on. First Class coaching and fans..not to mention the players. Good luck Camden next year and Milan gave it your all next week.

Congrats to Milan-Good luck next week with GP.

It was a hard fought game on both sides of the ball. I just wish the Lions would have been BEAT by Milan and not by themselves. That would make this loss a little easier to swallow. These boys have every reason to hold their heads high, what an accomplishment to go 12-0 this season. Way to go guys!! However, the offensive play calling was an absolute joke. First of all #41 wasn't "pounding" it threw until late in the fourth quarter, but we just kept feeding it to him all night long. #19 got his hands on the ball on time, pounded it through with excellent yardage and what did our offesive coordinator do??? Never give him the ball again. Smart. It's like learing impairment. Then #4 gets hurt and #1 steps in. #1 is a very good, heads up QB who can sling that football. The one time they let him toss it...completion for yardage. Oooops!!! that worked so lets don't let him throw it again. The end of the game was like deja vu, QB hurt bring in 2nd string and coach having no faith that he can get the job done so no passing game. Then when the game in on the line what does our offensive call??? A sweep to the short side of the field. (Deja vu last year, Creekwood) Please, please have faith in your players abilities and give them a chance next year when the game is on the line.

Again, way to go Milan and good luck to you-hope your season has two more weeks in it.

I appreciate the good luck at the end of your post. However, the rest of it was not so classy. When you take a team that 10 years ago if you called them mediocre it would be a compliment and take them to the heights that is year in and year out considered one of the best in the state how can you question your coaches...It is what it is...there can only be one state Champin our class every year. you won 12 games this year I would venture a guess that there was probably a time that you didnt win that many in three years put together. This is a stepping stone to getting to be a tradition rich program. Support your coaches that are leading you there....They are doing a better Job than has been done for a great while now.... B)

Congrats to Milan-Good luck next week with GP.

It was a hard fought game on both sides of the ball. I just wish the Lions would have been BEAT by Milan and not by themselves. That would make this loss a little easier to swallow. These boys have every reason to hold their heads high, what an accomplishment to go 12-0 this season. Way to go guys!! However, the offensive play calling was an absolute joke. First of all #41 wasn't "pounding" it threw until late in the fourth quarter, but we just kept feeding it to him all night long. #19 got his hands on the ball on time, pounded it through with excellent yardage and what did our offesive coordinator do??? Never give him the ball again. Smart. It's like learing impairment. Then #4 gets hurt and #1 steps in. #1 is a very good, heads up QB who can sling that football. The one time they let him toss it...completion for yardage. Oooops!!! that worked so lets don't let him throw it again. The end of the game was like deja vu, QB hurt bring in 2nd string and coach having no faith that he can get the job done so no passing game. Then when the game in on the line what does our offensive call??? A sweep to the short side of the field. (Deja vu last year, Creekwood) Please, please have faith in your players abilities and give them a chance next year when the game is on the line.

Again, way to go Milan and good luck to you-hope your season has two more weeks in it.

Every town has them..and here apparently is Camden's! A local posing as a "true fan" but underneath, an armchair coach, an "I know more than the guys on the field" who "usually" has never competed or been apart of a actual team. In short..these type of "fans" are nothing more than little spots of "cancer" on an otherwise healthy athletic program. Keep your distance from fans like this...they tend to multiply and can even cloud a wise person's clear and accurate judgement!