Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Congrats to Milan-Good luck next week with GP.

It was a hard fought game on both sides of the ball. I just wish the Lions would have been BEAT by Milan and not by themselves. That would make this loss a little easier to swallow.

The Lions should be proud of their effort and a great season. Milan made plenty of mistakes that could have cost them the game but to say that Camden beat themselves and not by Milan is ridiculous.

Every town has them..and here apparently is Camden's! A local posing as a "true fan" but underneath, an armchair coach, an "I know more than the guys on the field" who "usually" has never competed or been apart of a actual team. In short..these type of "fans" are nothing more than little spots of "cancer" on an otherwise healthy athletic program. Keep your distance from fans like this...they tend to multiply and can even cloud a wise person's clear and accurate judgement!

Well said.......I may not always understand something my Dawgs call. But I am well aware they (the coaches) know much more of what we need to run and why we need to run it than I do.

I agree with you 100%. 10 years ago you guys would have done anything to get this program turned around and Coach Ward and his Staff have done just that. Support your coaches and let them now you appreciate their hard work.........you never know when they will decide they have had enough and go a different direction.

Congrats to the Lions on a great season!! You all should be so very proud of everything you have done this year. Great game last night. #75 your the man! #4 great game, you lead the team well this year. #6 #15 #8 #19 #1-awesome game, now enjoy the break cause after it it's time to get ready for next year!! We just keep getting better every year and have no doubt that next season will be any exception! GO BIG BLACK!

All I read all week, and for years past, is how cocky and arrogant Milan's fans and players are. We try to explain, it's not cocky...it's confident in our town, coaches, and more importantly, players!

We at Milan know that 9 out of 10 calls are going to be...let's say it together Milan faithful...."UP THE MIDDLE!" and 8 of those 9 times, we're likely to yell, "CALL SOMETHING ELSE COACH!" However, Jeff Morris is one of the most successful coaches in the state of Tennessee. And in a "rebuilding" year, when he lost ALL 11 offensive starters, he is back in the semi's with a great chance to be in the championship again! We may not like all the calls....but we're confident in our coaching staff that they are going to do the BEST with the players THIS year and take them as far as possible. That's TRADITION!

Camden, you need to hold your heads high....you had a great season. But turning on your coaches isn't going to keep this great tradition going. Enjoy the next two weeks, go and cheer for the team of your choice, I kinda hope it's Milan but I wouldn't have any hard feelings if I see some black and gold on GP's stands next Friday, and hit it hard in the weight room and meet us back in round 3 next year!!!

Quick PS...does anyone know if the rumors of Milan's field house being vandalized by grafatti are true?

Every town has them..and here apparently is Camden's! A local posing as a "true fan" but underneath, an armchair coach, an "I know more than the guys on the field" who "usually" has never competed or been apart of a actual team. In short..these type of "fans" are nothing more than little spots of "cancer" on an otherwise healthy athletic program. Keep your distance from fans like this...they tend to multiply and can even cloud a wise person's clear and accurate judgement!

I absolutely agree. And yes, every town has one or more.

All I read all week, and for years past, is how cocky and arrogant Milan's fans and players are. We try to explain, it's not cocky...it's confident in our town, coaches, and more importantly, players!

We at Milan know that 9 out of 10 calls are going to be...let's say it together Milan faithful...."UP THE MIDDLE!" and 8 of those 9 times, we're likely to yell, "CALL SOMETHING ELSE COACH!" However, Jeff Morris is one of the most successful coaches in the state of Tennessee. And in a "rebuilding" year, when he lost ALL 11 offensive starters, he is back in the semi's with a great chance to be in the championship again! We may not like all the calls....but we're confident in our coaching staff that they are going to do the BEST with the players THIS year and take them as far as possible. That's TRADITION!

Camden, you need to hold your heads high....you had a great season. But turning on your coaches isn't going to keep this great tradition going. Enjoy the next two weeks, go and cheer for the team of your choice, I kinda hope it's Milan but I wouldn't have any hard feelings if I see some black and gold on GP's stands next Friday, and hit it hard in the weight room and meet us back in round 3 next year!!!

Quick PS...does anyone know if the rumors of Milan's field house being vandalized by grafatti are true?

You're talking about people complaining on playcalling from Milan. I know lots of people from Milan that were upset the past 2 years because when ya'll got to the state championship, all you did was run it up the middle. As I told everyone that told me that..... you've got to go with what got you there. You can't be pounding the ball down teams throats all year and then go to a spread formation in the championship just to try and slip by Alcoa. YOU'VE GOT TO GO WITH WHAT GOT YOU THERE. Running the ball up the middle is Milan's bread and butter.

I said earlier in the week Camden was going to have to establish a passing game to beat Milan. From some people I talked to that went to the game, they said Milan had a couple of TDs called back on penalties. It pains me to see Milan win, but Camden seems too prideful to change things up on the offensive side of the ball.

I think everyone in 3A is tired of seeing Milan and Goodpasture in the Semis, but no one has been able to step up and finish them. I think some teams in the coming years will challenge Milan and Goodpasture but once again they are the top dogs out west.

Just curious, question to Milan fans. How would you compare Camden to Fairview?

I said earlier in the week Camden was going to have to establish a passing game to beat Milan. From some people I talked to that went to the game, they said Milan had a couple of TDs called back on penalties. It pains me to see Milan win, but Camden seems too prideful to change things up on the offensive side of the ball.

I think everyone in 3A is tired of seeing Milan and Goodpasture in the Semis, but no one has been able to step up and finish them. I think some teams in the coming years will challenge Milan and Goodpasture but once again they are the top dogs out west.

Tastes like Chicken. :roflol::roflolk:

Gerry, I understand that you don't like Milan because you feel like some didn't respect Fairview. However, I consider myself a balanced and honest fan. I feel like Camden was quite a bit better than Fairview. That is no slight to Fairview at all. Had you been at the game last night you wouldn't have recognized that Milan team as the one you saw the week before. Camden was big and fast. But Milan played with emotion and played excellent defense. Some teams may challenge Milan in the couple of years but aside from Coleman and Trey Milan the big plays last night were made by underclassmen.

I think Camden is a better overall team than Fairview. Fairview's biggest asset to me is their balance. You guys had some good athletes but we never knew if it was a run or pass, in my opinion that leads to a bunch of your success this year. Balance, you guys got it. :thumb:

Camden had a great player in their QB that got hurt and also the Mr. Football lineman. Jordan Murphy, I think is the lineman. He absolutely took over the game in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Camden is so one dimensionable that even if they toss it a little bit you know they will go back to the run. We didn't stack the box but it's just the mindset that they are going to run that helps the defense. One the flip side, Camden had a much better secondary than I thought they would. Knocked down or picked a couple of passes that would have been huge.

I would say Camden would win a matchup with Fairview and it would probably be close like our game together.